Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:08 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

What has Voss got to lose by playing Dow or Binns we are not winning games as it is so just give them a run at it

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

BigBlueWave wrote:
Just a few points about Dow.

1. Dow has consistently been our best reserves player over the last year and a half and you would expect he would get a run of games when our midfield has under performed.

2. Dow adds burst speed around the ball ... something we don't have much of.

3. Dow not getting a game sends the wrong message to the entire playing group. Players need to be rewarded for performance and it smacks of Voss playing favourites. This can really white-ant a team. Other players have done a lot less to be promoted.

The team needs to be less predictable. Dow add another flavour and I wish he was playing today. I am not saying he will be a success but he deserves a decent chance.

I am hopeful our last half against the Dogs has educated the team and we play much better today.

Go Blues!

Point 3 is valid, but moot since points 1 & 2 are incorrect.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Keithy wrote:
What has Voss got to lose by playing Dow or Binns we are not winning games as it is so just give them a run at it

Dow looks good right now in the VFL

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigBlueWave wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

1. Dow has consistently been our best reserves player over the last year and a half and you would expect he would get a run of games when our midfield has under performed.

3. Dow not getting a game sends the wrong message to the entire playing group. Players need to be rewarded for performance and it smacks of Voss playing favourites. This can really white-ant a team. Other players have done a lot less to be promoted.

The team needs to be less predictable. Dow add another flavour and I wish he was playing today. I am not saying he will be a success but he deserves a decent chance.

I am hopeful our last half against the Dogs has educated the team and we play much better today.

Go Blues!

I hear you BBW, and you state the obvious possibilities, but lets be mindful, you state the reasons for Dow, and to me that's one sided. There's another side to the story.

Voss said from the outset, players will train and play for positions, and Dow happens to be low on the pecking order for his inadequacies.

Sure there's players who have shown less than Dow, eg Honey, but Honey is no threat to Dow for a role in the midfield and Dow is certainly no threat for a HF.

As for point 3 ... can't blame the non selection of dow for our form this year, and I seriously doubt it is because of disunity.

Dow accumulates, but doesnt distribute, and he doesnt run hard. He jogs. If he played in the AFL like his VFL form as a mid we would want his head....and after the Swans praccy game, with his pitiful half hearted efforts, it was his head. H

Like I said earlier, he had form for the first 3 games, and that's when he shouldve been picked but we were undefeated at the time. He had a chance against the Swans to polay round 1.

Fair enough ... but you don't just become the best reserve player by accumulation. I think he deserves another chance and I am concerned about the white-anting effect of not selecting players on performance.

I think they do pick the best from the stats.

Those who pick the best, look at the numbers accumulated and forget the effectiveness, clangers, hospital passes, defensive running, 1 %ers.

He's at the feet of the tallest ruck in the comp. I dont know any other word for it than accumulator. He's not a distributer.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Mini Van sub for the pois...

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:29 pm 
formerly BlueRob

bondiblue wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

Go Blues!

I hear you BBW, and you state the obvious possibilities, but lets be mindful, you state the reasons for Dow, and to me that's one sided. There's another side to the story.

Voss said from the outset, players will train and play for positions, and Dow happens to be low on the pecking order for his inadequacies.

Sure there's players who have shown less than Dow, eg Honey, but Honey is no threat to Dow for a role in the midfield and Dow is certainly no threat for a HF.

As for point 3 ... can't blame the non selection of dow for our form this year, and I seriously doubt it is because of disunity.

Dow accumulates, but doesnt distribute, and he doesnt run hard. He jogs. If he played in the AFL like his VFL form as a mid we would want his head....and after the Swans praccy game, with his pitiful half hearted efforts, it was his head. H

Like I said earlier, he had form for the first 3 games, and that's when he shouldve been picked but we were undefeated at the time. He had a chance against the Swans to polay round 1.

Fair enough ... but you don't just become the best reserve player by accumulation. I think he deserves another chance and I am concerned about the white-anting effect of not selecting players on performance.

I think they do pick the best from the stats.

Those who pick the best, look at the numbers accumulated and forget the effectiveness, clangers, hospital passes, defensive running, 1 %ers.

He's at the feet of the tallest ruck in the comp. I dont know any other word for it than accumulator. He's not a distributer.

Agree to disagree ... :grin:

Sorry ... I have kind of de-railed the thread on this match.

I see Sidebottom as a major problem in this match. He always seems to kill us.
What do we do about Sidebottom and Daicos?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Some of this today please

https://youtu.be/wSLO0BwMGZo

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Harry hit the post three times in less than 10 shots during the pre warm-up warm-up.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:00 pm 
Harry Vallence

Got real PTSD vibes sitting here at the G

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Wojee wrote:
Harry hit the post three times in less than 10 shots during the pre warm-up warm-up.

At least he's closer this week...

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Don't expect a win, I just hope they turn up before half time this week.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:
Yeah. I couldn't do it today.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

If we don’t at least turn up today, then it’s season over.
Dunno if we can win, but gotta have a crack.

Be aggressive.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

Traveller86 wrote:

Same here :confused:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16