Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Season 2023
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Look at our list and it's age profile and we are in the window. If we stay relatively injury free and don't make finals with a minimum win one this year is a failure

All bar two games we have fielded a younger and less experienced team this year than our opposition
the games we didn't was WC and Crows games even then we were only plus 6.2 games and plus 3.7 games

the side we put out on friday night had an average of 24.4 games less experience than the Lions and if Zorko and Rich had of played it would have been worse

We have 4 players with more than 150 games - ED Cripps Saad and now Doc
Brisbane had 7 - Collingwood played 8 - Geelong 9 Melbourne 8
We had 7 players with less than 50 games under their belt on Friday night

Now when it comes to knocking our team - I am the chief Knocker of the world but we do not have the age and experience profile to match it with the best at the moment

Thanks for the reminder Sydney.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

Traveller86 wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
We have GWS in Melb as our last game, guess that's better than playing Coll at the G like last year

Wonder if our half win will come in handy at the death

God how depressing , how far have we fallen, that we hope to squeeze into the 8

Fallen? To sneak into the 8 we need to rise :lol:

I swear to god our supporter base has become toxic.

Absolutely it has. Do you blame them?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Look at our list and it's age profile and we are in the window. If we stay relatively injury free and don't make finals with a minimum win one this year is a failure

All bar two games we have fielded a younger and less experienced team this year than our opposition
the games we didn't was WC and Crows games even then we were only plus 6.2 games and plus 3.7 games

the side we put out on friday night had an average of 24.4 games less experience than the Lions and if Zorko and Rich had of played it would have been worse

Now when it comes to knocking our team - I am the chief Knocker of the world but we do not have the age and experience profile to match it with the best at the moment

Thanks for the reminder Sydney.

the last 25 premierships only one team has had less the 7 plus 150 game players and that was the Bulldogs in 2016 and they were handed a flag by the AFL and the umpires

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Fair points but I still believe we have the players and aren't playing near our potential.

If we dropped Hollands Motlop Cincotta Kemp Honey and replaced with Williams Owies Cottrell Martin & Plowman how does our profile look? Not to mention Cowan who has played most games

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Fair points but I still believe we have the players and aren't playing near our potential.

If we dropped Hollands Motlop Cincotta Kemp Honey and replaced with Williams Owies Cottrell Martin & Plowman how does our profile look? Not to mention Cowan who has played most games

If Williams Martin Cotrell and Owies were all fit and firing maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

If Williams Martin Cotrell and Owies were all fit and firing maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation

Hope not but I stll believe the way we are trying to play is the biggest issue

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:

Hope not but I stll believe the way we are trying to play is the biggest issue
We are trying something different.
Everyone seems to say go back to how ww played 1st half of last year.
That style of play resulted in us missing the finals.
Obviously what they are doing now is not working but maybe Voss knows we are not going to challenge this year and he is adding another layer.
A lot is made of our turnovers and rightly so.
But every team turns it over and when you have the ball significantly more than the opposition your odds of turnovers increases.

I'm not here to defend Voss or any one at the club. But we are not ready we are far from it.
It is expectations verse outcomes and right now our level of expectations is far in advance of what they are capable of.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 7:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

The scheduling for the rounds 16-24 will be released next week.
Apparently we will only get 1 prime time game.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 8:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:

Yep. Round 20 against the filth will be Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 8:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

This isn't about players

It's about system (game plan)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:14 am 
Harry Vallence

kezza wrote:

Of course the media is framing it as the AFL giving up on us, when in reality, our opposition during that time doesn't really warrant more Friday night games (aside from the Dees).

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:51 am 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:
kezza wrote:

Of course the media is framing it as the AFL giving up on us, when in reality, our opposition during that time doesn't really warrant more Friday night games (aside from the Dees).
I just checked out of curiosity and yeah, we play five interstate teams in that block.

Haw
Freo
Port
WC
Coll
StK
Mel
GC
GWS

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
This isn't about players

It's about system (game plan)
Was about to start a thread titled Game Plan, but here works too.

I dont get to see a lot of footy live which for me is a damned shame. I can only see what the TV shows me. And this vision has me screaming at the telly each week for us to have some movement inside our forward 50. We are stagnant. every other team we play seems to have people running everywhere, to create space and give the kicker an option.

Cameras pan out from a mark on the wing and we see 7 guys waiting for the kicker to kick it to Harry to mark. Unless its Ed who only kicks to his brother :)

We need to MOVE. Never stop making leads. Always drag a player hopefully 2 with you. Then, when there is actual movement we need our mids and wings to kick to everyone, not just target the two talls.

Its a system break down that is easily fixed. I hope it is fixed.

IMHO

G

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:49 pm 
formerly BlueRob

If you don't make changes you keep on making the same mistakes. The coaching group is adamant that they stick to the plan ... but the plan aint working!!! :hitcomputer:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

or

if you change whenever things aren't working then you never get good at anything.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
or

if you change whenever things aren't working then you never get good at anything.

Yep . We know what we do well . Just gotta do it better .

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:42 pm 
formerly BlueRob

No point in becoming great at executing a bad plan!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigBlueWave wrote:
No point in becoming great at executing a bad plan!

On the other hand it’d be an improvement on being shithouse at executing a bad plan… :lol:

Mort Sahl