Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I thought Kemp has been poor. Sub standard disposal, consistently flies at the ball taking himself out of the contest, leaving his opponent to impact. Cost us several goals in the past 2 weeks. I'd like to see him go back to the VFL and work on his disposal/decision making. Plenty of potential but we're trying to make finals. We're not going well enough to carry players.

Good selections although I would have also rested Hollands. I like the team. No excuses.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kemp or JSOS?

Don’t think JSOS has much more upside. Love his effort but we need more.

Kemp looked good in passages last week and probably has more upside than JSOS. However, his positioning was poor last week. Young wasn’t much better.

Will know more after this weekend, but another plodding performance from JSOS may have to instigate some longer term change.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:20 pm 
Rod Ashman

Can’t really comment on Kemp’s performance last week as I didn’t see the game but am still disappointed to see him out of the side.

I’d have dropped JSOS and moved McGovern forward. We need to change things ups bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Kemp sub?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I’ve never been a super JSOS fan due to the errant disposals but his first quarter last week was superb and that alone should see him selected this week. Sure he didn’t perform like that for the whole game but if it had been McGovern or Martin playing that quarter like Jack did people would be getting excited.

Shame about the rest of the match.

There’s a lot there to like but it’s just not consistent enough long term to make him a real threat.

Still deserves to be in the team.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
I thought Kemp has been poor. Sub standard disposal, consistently flies at the ball taking himself out of the contest, leaving his opponent to impact. Cost us several goals in the past 2 weeks. I'd like to see him go back to the VFL and work on his disposal/decision making. Plenty of potential but we're trying to make finals. We're not going well enough to carry players.

Good selections although I would have also rested Hollands. I like the team. No excuses.

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:07 pm 
Garry Crane

I’m really not sure what the fascination with Boyd is.He played a couple of games where he kicked the ball well. Kicking the ball well seems to be the bare minimum for top clubs.

I recall hawthorn playing through his man in the 2nd half last year port Adelaide same.
Correct me if I’m wrong but cottrell and Owies were rookied late as they played basketball as juniors. Cincotta was recruited as a mature age and Boyd also.
Not taking shots at them individually but seriously how many project players make it at clubs .
we think we are good enough to have 4 in our current best 23……

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:

I'm not convinced Kemp is a backman...yet.

Most of his fans, and some I respect, want to give him games to find his feet. Fair enough.
I havent been convinced from what I saw in reserves games. Panics too much for me.
I have the feeling that Boyd's form doesnt warrant selection, but I expect him back soon. Not so much Kemp.
Boyd does release Doc. Kemp is a liability down back, till he finds his confidence. He had heaps of it before he injured his ACL.
Im convinced hes over his ACL, but Im not convinced he's in better form than TDK TBH.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

WOW wrote:
Kemp or JSOS?

Don’t think JSOS has much more upside. Love his effort but we need more.

Kemp looked good in passages last week and probably has more upside than JSOS. However, his positioning was poor last week. Young wasn’t much better.

Will know more after this weekend, but another plodding performance from JSOS may have to instigate some longer term change.

Kemp, JSOS...different age, but imo one not that much better than the other. More upside in Kemp. JSOS is JSOS, heart and soul: best 28.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
I’ve never been a super JSOS fan due to the errant disposals but his first quarter last week was superb and that alone should see him selected this week. Sure he didn’t perform like that for the whole game but if it had been McGovern or Martin playing that quarter like Jack did people would be getting excited.

Shame about the rest of the match.

There’s a lot there to like but it’s just not consistent enough long term to make him a real threat.

Still deserves to be in the team.

It was

I just wish there was more of that leading up for the pass, instead of Harry.

If JSOS is to stay, he has to be that HCHF role, but must take marks, Harry would gulp up, and foot passing improve.
He's Best 28 for me...maybe best 30.

I just feel, Ed and JSOS are heart and soul but we have to find better this year or next.
I wish TDK had some form as a marking forward. That would solve a lot.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Kemp was poor last week. The bit where he created a 2 on 1 that failed and left his opponent on his own was diabolical.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:45 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

JSOS stays bec TDK is out

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Good to see Cotters and Owies in but game style needs to change

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

mymanmurph wrote:
I’m really not sure what the fascination with Boyd is.He played a couple of games where he kicked the ball well. Kicking the ball well seems to be the bare minimum for top clubs.

I recall hawthorn playing through his man in the 2nd half last year port Adelaide same.
Correct me if I’m wrong but cottrell and Owies were rookied late as they played basketball as juniors. Cincotta was recruited as a mature age and Boyd also.
Not taking shots at them individually but seriously how many project players make it at clubs .

A lot changed for Boyd as the year passed. He improved. So mush that he was bonafide Carrazzo-Ratten good in the BP, just faster and a better kick.
He is the bomb. Farmer thinks he's worth risking. I want him back as soon as he finds good form.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
How I'd line up

B: Cincotta Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Durdin Curnow Walsh
F: Silvagni McKay Motlop
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Cerra
Int: Kennedy (mid) Owies (fwd) Cottrell (mid/fwd) Newman (def)
Boyd(sub)

Charlie to play further up the ground
McKay deep
Walsh as extra mid
Kennedy has to play mid NOT defence
Team defence on Bont

On paper this side is good enough to win

What do you think the line up will be?

Good call.
Just guessing...
I reckon Owies will have more field time than Durdin and Motlop.
Cincotta will start on bench, Newman a mainstay.
McKay deep. One out if can be...
JSOS still on a wing for a while, but H-FP OR Kennedy starts there as a statement.
JSOS as a 2nd ruck vs Lobb> Big test, but JSOS can find a way.
Charlie to gallop around Jeremy Cameron because Vossy-MC-Charlie would have had the discussion.
Ed as the Sub...incase we need a hard tag in 2nd half, instead of pace...because we have Cottrell-Hollands for run.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

mymanmurph wrote:

Cottrell was a rookie pick in his draft year. He was scrawny & not real good, but an excellent runner that put in the work. I had him wrong. Growth spurt helped a bit.

Cincotta isn’t a project player. He’s a top up player.

Owies is an elite athlete.

Boyd is a good kick on either side of the body. I’m not sold on him as a defender, but it’s a decent head start when you can get yourself out of the shit with a kick that moves the needle our way in a 50-50. One less handballer can’t be all that bad.

For what it’s worth, I thought Footscray had the right idea when they played him forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

NFI how to develop our players, re:Kemp
Cottrell and owies very average players straight in :screwy:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Crusader wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:

Cottrell was a rookie pick in his draft year. He was scrawny & not real good, but an excellent runner that put in the work. I had him wrong. Growth spurt helped a bit.

Cincotta isn’t a project player. He’s a top up player.

Owies is an elite athlete.

Boyd is a good kick on either side of the body.....

For what it’s worth, I thought Footscray had the right idea when they played him forward.

Hes good when in form, back, mid, forward. For us proven in a BP.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:59 pm 
Garry Crane

bondiblue wrote:
mymanmurph wrote:

A lot changed for Boyd as the year passed. He improved. So mush that he was bonafide Carrazzo-Ratten good in the BP, just faster and a better kick.
He is the bomb. Farmer thinks he's worth risking. I want him back as soon as he finds good form.

Fair enough! Honestly i want nothing more than to be wrong :) time will tell

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:05 pm 
Laurie Kerr

mymanmurph wrote:

That is the fascination

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next