Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

That’s a disappointing comment BV.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
redback wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
redback wrote:
NFI how to develop our players, re:Kemp

The VFL is for development. The AFL is for winning games of football.
You are offered an opportunity to perform. It's up to the player to take the opportunity.
Kemp didn't.

Probably the worst statement i have ever heard.
So if you can only develop in the ressies why do kids that are promoted to the seniors don't rip it apart in the afl immediately and forever. :confused: . They are of course developed fully, are they not? I always thought there was a huge jump in standard.

This misguided logic is probably the main reason we are pathetic at development. We don't give kids time to adjust and acclimatize to senior footy. You can't pick up the pace in a week or two or even get synergy with your team mates in a year. We need to settle these young kids with each other and the better senior teams as quick as possible for a longer time we play average players that have reached their ceiling and can't improve the side.
For god sake our seniors have pathetic games on end but we still play them but we rip out the confidence and nature enthusiasm of our future by pounding them into the ground and punishing their natural talent and crippling their growth.

Lazy and pressure building coaching.

Another sook who cries like a baby when we lose but then complains when we drop underperforming players. :lol:
Seriously, some of our supporters have the resilience of a pre-schooler. We're a third of the way through the season, get a grip.

You're going from bad to worse now with your convoluted reasoning.
Quit while you're still ahead, not that you were really ahead :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:

Disappointing? I watch the news tonight and Bruce Mathieson is bagging the club. I read the other bloke who tried to overthrow the board last year is having a sook to the media. I read TC and the usual suspects are throwing the toys out of the cot. You don't hear from them when we're winning games but they love to make themselves heard when we have a loss.
It's 7 games into the season and they're after blood. Our supporters are eating our club and the media is gleefully lapping it up. That's what's disappointing

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Would you guys have preferred Honey stay in over Owies?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:07 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Disappointing? I watch the news tonight and Bruce Mathieson is bagging the club. I read the other bloke who tried to overthrow the board last year is having a sook to the media. I read TC and the usual suspects are throwing the toys out of the cot. You don't hear from them when we're winning games but they love to make themselves heard when we have a loss.
It's 7 games into the season and they're after blood. Our supporters are eating our club and the media is gleefully lapping it up. That's what's disappointing

This. Deadset embarrassing conduct from our fans lately.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:19 pm 
formerly Fevola

How about all this being the players fault? It’s not the board. Some blame needs to go to the coaches but no matter how many times we change the coach, it’s always the same damn thing.

We simply have no leadership out there. Cripps can flay his arms around and talk but at the end of the day he is as much to blame. Weitering is a shadow of himself and he is another leader. Our midfield is shit and if that doesnt improve the backs will be shit and so will the forward line.

And the players have no urgency or want to bust a gut. They dont want to run or tackle. And are not playing with any flare. Why because they poo their pants. Cant stand pressure. Dont take responsibility, instead want to get rid of the ball straight away to anyone and anywhere.

I dont know what is wrong with this club anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

There is way too much pressure here. So the woke result is carlton win. If they don't absolutely stuffed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:54 pm 
Geoff Southby

Drewgirl wrote:
How about all this being the players fault? It’s not the board. Some blame needs to go to the coaches but no matter how many times we change the coach, it’s always the same damn thing.

We simply have no leadership out there. Cripps can flay his arms around and talk but at the end of the day he is as much to blame. Weitering is a shadow of himself and he is another leader. Our midfield is shit and if that doesnt improve the backs will be shit and so will the forward line.

And the players have no urgency or want to bust a gut. They dont want to run or tackle. And are not playing with any flare. Why because they poo their pants. Cant stand pressure. Dont take responsibility, instead want to get rid of the ball straight away to anyone and anywhere.

You do realise that we’ve won more games than we’ve lost so far this year?

We all want to do better, but please stop catastrophizing.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

The thing about the Lions game was our defence & Cripps both had shockers. It's pretty rare that both those things happen for a whole game.

Our boys will lift. I rate Footscray but we are at least 50/50 for this game.

Carlton by 5050 points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I had actually pencilled this one in.
However the shitstorm throughout the week has me worried.
Normally when a team comes under so much scrutiny they fire up and win. But these blokes have been under pressure all year due to expectations.

Not so confident now.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

Anyhow , i will have my eyes on our small forwards who are due . Get dangerous boys and we win .

Not one bit bothered by the off field stuff . Its par for the course with our Club . Seen it plenty of times before and it will pass . Irrelevant storm in a tea cup .

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

Treloar's a pretty big out for them. They struggled after he went off against the Giants

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
I don’t think we’re playing well enough to beat the Dogs (who I expect to play finals again) this week.

But there’s a big difference between saying “we’re out of form and need to improve” and saying “we’re [REDACTED], the club is a basket case and everyone needs the SAKC!” :roll:

I’ve been saying pretty consistently for 12 months that we have reasons to be positive but we still have quite a long way to go before we’re in the top bracket. Nothing so far this season has changed my perspective on that.

Back you on that abns.
Consistent since preseason.
I was wrong about our injury prone players, but we can come back from that tardy start.
Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:29 pm 
formerly Fevola

aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

We should be better!! That’s the problem. Too many accepting mediocrity. I expected better. We won some games yes, but not by playing well.

We have two Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist and a rising star. And several All Australians. The poo they dished up for Docherty’s 150 last week was embarrassing.

A leader, a guy who displays courage every day of his life. He never stops busting a gut. You saw what we did last week yeh? Some players have no desire or the want to be better.

Yep we all see the smiling and laughing after the game.

If you want to accept this behaviour then you are a better person than me.

Meanwhile teams with worse lists than us, are playing with passion and as a team. We are not - and even if we went down giving it our all, we would be getting more respect.

But we are not playing with passion………

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Would you guys have preferred Honey stay in over Owies?

Voss said it was like for like from the outset.
That's how it played out. Honey for Owies: like for like.

Who thought otherwise?
Thought stuck a feather in the ground and thought he'd grow a rooster.

Sorry CKay, but you know.....That's what Ive said, for a month, and that's how it panned out.
It's over. But, the play was reasonable and transparent. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

Thanks abns

Its like we have completely fkd up the season, and we play game 9 tomorrow night....14 games after this one.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
The thing about the Lions game was our defence & Cripps both had shockers. It's pretty rare that both those things happen for a whole game.

Our boys will lift. I rate Footscray but we are at least 50/50 for this game.

Carlton by 5050 points

That's the spirit CK

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

We should be better!! That’s the problem. Too many accepting mediocrity. I expected better. We won some games yes, but not by playing well.

We have two Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist and a rising star. And several All Australians. The poo they dished up for Docherty’s 150 last week was embarrassing.

A leader, a guy who displays courage every day of his life. He never stops busting a gut. You saw what we did last week yeh? Some players have no desire or the want to be better.

Meanwhile teams with worse lists than us, are playing with passion and as a team. We are not - and even if we went down giving it our all, we would be getting more respect.

one week at a time.
There's plenty of time to adjust.
it aint oner till....

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:38 pm 
formerly Fevola

bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

one week at a time.
There's plenty of time to adjust.
it aint oner till....

Bondi every week after a disappointing loss, i read your positivity. And its so fantastic. And i respect you as a poster.

But mate, its getting hard. But i have hope before every game, and then i get let down.

I get so upset after a loss that I can’t watch any other footy games, or shows, or read anything negative about us. As i get envious of teams that play with passion and total manic pressure.

I wish we played with reckless abandon, take the game on and just give it a red hot go every week.

I would love to see the players really have some fun.

They just look scarred and terrified. And like playing is a chore.

I love this club so much. I wanna see finals again. And im sick of everyone disprespecting and bagging us. We are back to that.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:49 pm 
Rod Ashman

Drewgirl wrote:

:gift: We simply have no leadership out there. Cripps can flay his arms around and talk but at the end of the day he is as much to blame. Weitering is a shadow of himself and he is another leader. Our midfield is shit and if that doesnt improve the backs will be shit and so will the forward line.

It looks like Teague all over again. To me, the players don’t believe in what the coach is saying. Thy have no faith in the plan and it’s reflected on the field.

I was against appointing Voss from day dot, there was a reason he was an assistant for years and we’re seeing why. Great players don’t always make it as coaches.

Some people think keeping him promotes stability, I think you’re just wasting time.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next