Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
That’s a disappointing comment BV.

Disappointing? I watch the news tonight and Bruce Mathieson is bagging the club. I read the other bloke who tried to overthrow the board last year is having a sook to the media. I read TC and the usual suspects are throwing the toys out of the cot. You don't hear from them when we're winning games but they love to make themselves heard when we have a loss.
It's 7 games into the season and they're after blood. Our supporters are eating our club and the media is gleefully lapping it up. That's what's disappointing

Agree. Mattheson's public outburst is very disappointing. Talk re: Voss or the board being sacked is embarrassing.
Problem though, you can't expect to keep blindly supporting an organisation and pretending there is nothing wrong, when it keeps falling at every key point of it's progress and every obstacle that is thrown at it. Our supporters are passionate, and that's what makes our club great. Most clubs would love to have what we have, including the membership no.'s. That's why it's been so successful and that is why we are turning up to games in big, big numbers.

The problem isn't the supporters, it's the club culture and the direction it took when it chased the high draft picks. It lost it's heritage, leadership and direction. As I said at the time, you can't just turn the switch back on!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:59 am 
Robert Walls

aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
How about all this being the players fault? It’s not the board. Some blame needs to go to the coaches but no matter how many times we change the coach, it’s always the same damn thing.

We simply have no leadership out there. Cripps can flay his arms around and talk but at the end of the day he is as much to blame. Weitering is a shadow of himself and he is another leader. Our midfield is shit and if that doesnt improve the backs will be shit and so will the forward line.

And the players have no urgency or want to bust a gut. They dont want to run or tackle. And are not playing with any flare. Why because they poo their pants. Cant stand pressure. Dont take responsibility, instead want to get rid of the ball straight away to anyone and anywhere.

I dont know what is wrong with this club anymore.

You do realise that we’ve won more games than we’ve lost so far this year?

We all want to do better, but please stop catastrophizing.

You do realise that any evidence of "catastrophising" isn't just based on data since April 2023?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:44 am 
Rod Ashman

Drewgirl wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
How about all this being the players fault? It’s not the board. Some blame needs to go to the coaches but no matter how many times we change the coach, it’s always the same damn thing.

We simply have no leadership out there. Cripps can flay his arms around and talk but at the end of the day he is as much to blame. Weitering is a shadow of himself and he is another leader. Our midfield is shit and if that doesnt improve the backs will be shit and so will the forward line.

And the players have no urgency or want to bust a gut. They dont want to run or tackle. And are not playing with any flare. Why because they poo their pants. Cant stand pressure. Dont take responsibility, instead want to get rid of the ball straight away to anyone and anywhere.

We should be better!! That’s the problem. Too many accepting mediocrity. I expected better. We won some games yes, but not by playing well.

We have two Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist and a rising star. And several All Australians. The poo they dished up for Docherty’s 150 last week was embarrassing.

A leader, a guy who displays courage every day of his life. He never stops busting a gut. You saw what we did last week yeh? Some players have no desire or the want to be better.

Yep we all see the smiling and laughing after the game.

If you want to accept this behaviour then you are a better person than me.

Meanwhile teams with worse lists than us, are playing with passion and as a team. We are not - and even if we went down giving it our all, we would be getting more respect.

But we are not playing with passion………

shhh, you can't go against the establishment they will put you on the sook list :grin:

but then again we just call it perceptive

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:47 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:

We should be better!! That’s the problem. Too many accepting mediocrity. I expected better. We won some games yes, but not by playing well.

We have two Coleman medalists, a Brownlow medalist and a rising star. And several All Australians. The poo they dished up for Docherty’s 150 last week was embarrassing.

A leader, a guy who displays courage every day of his life. He never stops busting a gut. You saw what we did last week yeh? Some players have no desire or the want to be better.

Yep we all see the smiling and laughing after the game.

If you want to accept this behaviour then you are a better person than me.

Meanwhile teams with worse lists than us, are playing with passion and as a team. We are not - and even if we went down giving it our all, we would be getting more respect.

But we are not playing with passion………

one week at a time.
There's plenty of time to adjust.
it aint oner till....

That's the thing bondi there hasn't been a willingness to adjust, but we keep holding on until it's too late.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:52 am 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Disappointing? I watch the news tonight and Bruce Mathieson is bagging the club. I read the other bloke who tried to overthrow the board last year is having a sook to the media. I read TC and the usual suspects are throwing the toys out of the cot. You don't hear from them when we're winning games but they love to make themselves heard when we have a loss.
It's 7 games into the season and they're after blood. Our supporters are eating our club and the media is gleefully lapping it up. That's what's disappointing

Agree. Mattheson's public outburst is very disappointing. Talk re: Voss or the board being sacked is embarrassing.
Problem though, you can't expect to keep blindly supporting an organisation and pretending there is nothing wrong, when it keeps falling at every key point of it's progress and every obstacle that is thrown at it. Our supporters are passionate, and that's what makes our club great. Most clubs would love to have what we have, including the membership no.'s. That's why it's been so successful and that is why we are turning up to games in big, big numbers.

The problem isn't the supporters, it's the club culture and the direction it took when it chased the high draft picks. It lost it's heritage, leadership and direction. As I said at the time, you can't just turn the switch back on!

I haven't heard matteson's outburst but they need a public rocket, i would had preferred it came from the coach though.
That's the number one problem, voss needs to coach like he played, take not prisoners and cange his !@#$ game plan.
Like Drewgirl said we have a multitude of talent but we don't know how to play.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:10 am 
formerly Fevola

redback wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

I haven't heard matteson's outburst but they need a public rocket, i would had preferred it came from the coach though.
That's the number one problem, voss needs to coach like he played, take not prisoners and cange his !@#$ game plan.
Like Drewgirl said we have a multitude of talent but we don't know how to play.

You all telling me that Collingwood or St Kilda just to name a few have more talented players than us? Not a chance.

I will pick Collingwood as to me they only have a few stars. Pendlebury, Degoey, Moore. Others are good to average footballers. But they go hard, they enjoy their footy, they have a strut and confidence about them. They are extroverts. They play for eachother.

We look scared and want to palm the ball off at the very first opportunity. We just let the ball come out of our backline with ease, and all run back to defend, but by that stage we have let the opposition get repeat entries and it all gets too much and disorganised.

I expected a lot since last year. I make no apologies about that. Sick of seeing teams that were below us or around the same move past. And i dont mean ladder position, it’s how we play and fight out games.

Brisbane were below us and look now.
St Kilda - Well they are St Kilda so enough said
Adelaide - Are playing better footy than us.
Gold Coast are playing better footy than us.
Collingwood with all the injuries and average players and ones they traded out. Are up the top.

We have all the ingredients - So why are our best players down all at once.

Cripps
Walsh
Kennedy
Weitering
McKay
Pittonet

These are all senior leaders !! They talk about improvement, and the want to compete etc. They are a shadow of themselves, and we have no leadership at the moment.

Not saying it wont turn around, but i dont go into games with any excitement and energy cause i know by the end of the game, i will be angry and upset.

I dont even want to go and watch games but I do. I buy two memberships an MCC and Carlton one and i will always do so, so i am not a bandwagoner.

I have followed Carlton since the 1970’s so I have been spoilt. And the last few years we have been patient as we were building a list Yada yada.

Now im sorry but there are no excuses anymore. And i wont apologise for seeming like a sook or catastrophising like i was accused of.

Carlton just stand up !!!!!!!! Starts tonight. Let’s see because i think we have a better list than the Dogs. Keep the dogs at bay - literally from all angles.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:19 am 
Ken Hunter

Nicely put Drewgirl.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:42 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Big game tonight.

Big.

Need the team to respond to Mathieson and Media in a big way.

4 points will do.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

I’m hopeful that we respond as required.
I hope to see fast movement, more forward motion, and better/multiple leads ahead of the ball (from the backline to the forward line).
My fear is that it seems these boys respond better when we are going so badly that the pressure is off, rather than lift and drive hard into the pressure. Hope I’m wrong this time.
By the time game time comes around I’ll be a little more optimistic.
Carlton by 8 goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

This season, according to Champion Data, Bontemprelli ranks No.1 for clearances (8.9 per game), No.3 for contested possessions (15.3 per game), No.3 for tackles (7.3 per game) and No.7 for pressure points (60.6 per game).

We have yo stop him supplying the other mids and forwards.

Bontempelli's numbers are jumping off the page. In last Saturday's victory over Greater Western Sydney, the Western Bulldogs skipper notched 26 contested possessions, the most of any player this season and a club record since Champion Data began recording the stat in 1999.

Quote:
Bont's hot form continues with another stunning outing
Marcus Bontempelli's dominance in the engine room steers the Bulldogs to victory

Remarkably, he had 15 contested possessions and 10 clearances to half-time alone in that match to help the Dogs jump to a commanding early lead. In doing so, he became the only player besides West Coast's Brownlow Medal winner Matt Priddis in 2016 to achieve such a feat.

Indeed, the industrial side of Bontempelli's game has exploded since his midfield minutes have increased. Champion Data notes that his onball splits dipped to just 66 per cent last season, having peaked at 86 per cent in 2020. But, over the past five matches, they have risen to an extraordinary 91 per cent.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/922759/brownlow-bont-the-staggering-numbers-behind-star-dog-s-surge

Quote:
So, what exactly has Bontempelli's two-way brilliance meant for the Bulldogs' purring midfield? Not only has it given Beveridge and co. more balance in the engine room, it's also provided opposition coaches with a near-impossible prospect to tame.

Bontempelli leads from the front in mesmerising performance
Marcus Bontempelli fires on all cylinders to lead the Bulldogs to a commanding win

"It makes it a hard match-up for the opposition," Lade said.

"They've got to be careful with who they put on him. If they want to tag him, then they've got to play defence as well because he can actually hit the scoreboard and set goals up. He's an all-round player who can play multiple positions for us."

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cool... So we'll let him run around without an opponent all night then.....

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

billc3 wrote:
Cool... So we'll let him run around without an opponent all night then.....

Go Blues

Of course. We'll stick to our process and focus on building connections

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'm on the train heading to the game.
Almost feels like going to a funeral.
@#$&! I hope we win!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:31 pm 
Ken Hunter

CFC8795 wrote:
@#$&! I hope we win!
I'm not going tonight, feeling very similar about watching.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

missnaut wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
@#$&! I hope we win!
I'm not going tonight, feeling very similar about watching.

Have a good Mothers' Day. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Match thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37768

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13