Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:10 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Has our Coach no sense of Theatre ? surely at some point he should have matched up Darling with Honey .

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:08 pm 
John James

Arnhem blues wrote:
Nic Newman with more fantasy pints [sic] than Charlie (and most disposals) - not a bad effort…

i think west coast forward playing up the ground so far in the first half played into his (and all our back six’s) hands. some of his early kicks were uncharacteristically bad TO kicks too but all in all a day out for Newman who has been quietly building since his return from injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:15 pm 
Robert Walls

aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Has our Coach no sense of Theatre ? surely at some point he should have matched up Darling with Honey .

If we were coached by Jason Love, that would've happened for sure

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:38 pm 
John James

Effes wrote:

Camera work was horrific - zoomed in too much, then taking forever to zoom back out.

agree with entire post, Effes but this one point especially got me motivated to reply.

it’s like it’s the 90s again and channel seven (who did the broadcast this week? Fox?) needs to be disabused of their bad vision mixing and obsession with the closeup in the newspapers until they just stop it. so many times i was screaming at the replay cut to wide shot i wanna see who from the opposition our player is about to collide with or who of our players is leading up. it really was flowering pathetic at times and i know i could do better with half the cameras.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
The other point to recognise is that we played four quarters, won every quarter, and didn’t drop our standard down to the level of a shit opposition - we have often made very hard work of these types of games over the past few (many?) years.

Yep that has bugged us supporters for years, so it was good to see.

Quote:
Also, it is worth noting that Geelong’s crap 0-3 start to the season began to turn around with a huge easy kill over Hawthorn.

And in the much much bigger picture, the Cats in 2007 had a bad loss to North in Geelong, then responded the following week with a 140 point win over Richmond, & they were away.

I really think it's time to phone the engravers about now

Didn't we smash Brisbane before they went on to win 3 straight flags?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:56 pm 
Geoff Southby

99prelim wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:

If we were coached by Jason Love, that would've happened for sure

One of my sons was coached by Jason Love actually . Yes that Nth Queensland fiasco , the all in brawl .

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 pm 
John James

i agrée with Crippa to an extent (even if it was modesty more than facts) their midfield didn’t give up and some of them were fierce at it and can stick tackles better than our small mids (Fish, durds, Holands…) . we did well to quell Kelly and co. The WCE coast to coast goals were impressive in a way i don’t recall us doing all season. so they have some decent talent. where WCE lost the game badly was in their D and Offensive arcs where they were at a height disadvantage and playing too many kids. they do t even have enough fit players to practice match simulation.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
The other point to recognise is that we played four quarters, won every quarter, and didn’t drop our standard down to the level of a shit opposition - we have often made very hard work of these types of games over the past few (many?) years.

Quote:
Also, it is worth noting that Geelong’s crap 0-3 start to the season began to turn around with a huge easy kill over Hawthorn.

And in the much much bigger picture, the Cats in 2007 had a bad loss to North in Geelong, then responded the following week with a 140 point win over Richmond, & they were away.

Yep at Princes Park

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

The opposition’s perspective-

https://youtu.be/G7cJyByK0xw

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:56 pm 
Bert Deacon

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:

Quote:

Indeed we did and Matthews said that he'd never seen a side get so much out of their bottom six. Don't think Brissy lost a game after that lost.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

NTBlue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
tommi wrote:
Funny….

Cee Kay and i were doing the same thing…!

no doubt about it…we’re all on the spectrum hey…!

kindest regaards tommi
What Spectrum? someday I'll have money?
:wink:

Go Blues

Saw Spectrum at Myponga pop festival early 70's. After their set and Daddy Cool, half of each band got up and performed as "Indelible Murtceps". Enjoyed it nearly as much as watching the Blues flog WCE this week. I endured a few years when trips to Perth from Darwin to visit my son were spoilt by going to see Blues beaten by Eagles.
Nice!
(the Spectrum /DC part... not the rest)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

NTBlue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
tommi wrote:
Funny….

Cee Kay and i were doing the same thing…!

no doubt about it…we’re all on the spectrum hey…!

kindest regaards tommi
What Spectrum? someday I'll have money?
:wink:

Go Blues

Saw Spectrum at Myponga pop festival early 70's. After their set and Daddy Cool, half of each band got up and performed as "Indelible Murtceps". Enjoyed it nearly as much as watching the Blues flog WCE this week. I endured a few years when trips to Perth from Darwin to visit my son were spoilt by going to see Blues beaten by Eagles.

I’ve enjoyed many good times with Mike Rudd and Bill Putt, but can’t remember all of them. They love a good time but these days more relaxed drinking Green Tea. Hey tommi was it about old muses drinking green tea? I have all their recordings, including a rare one “Terminal Buzz” limited pressing. Good times….the Amur TCers not the loss against the Weagles. Thanks for the memory.

I’ll be gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:43 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Crusader wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Fall into a barrel of tits and come out sucking your thumb.....

I’m a realist not a pessimist
To be a top 4 team you need to be strong in all areas
We are a fair way off it
The 2 positives were Kemp and Cincotta
Kemp is so much better than Plowman
Cincotta looks good
Clean with his hands
Takes the game on
C u next week

You don’t think much of Plowman, fair enough, so why the plaudits for Kemp who played just ok against witches hats? What did he prove to you? I don’t think Kemp came in to replace Plowman. Young was selected as a fwd - ruck to make the Kemp selection palatable.

Gov is our intercept mark in the backline. What role does Kemp play that you like so much? Just curious.

The likelihood that Young was selected as a forward is about the same as Doc returning ‘early’.

Young rucked and was in the forwardline albeit 15 minutes. He had 11 HOs. He didn’t play backline all game. You know that don’t you? Kemp was fine for Waterman, but when he was matched up with Darling you could see there was a weight difference.

I wasn’t surprised because this early in the season, especially after 2 losses and very average form prior to that, coaches are tempted to try things. Maybe Voss didn’t want to see SOS in the ruck. Pitto played ruck for 85%.

We discussed the option of Young as A fwd-ruck prior to the game. No one seemed surprised and saw the virtues and risk associated with that move

I am sure that in the last quarter JSOS went into the ruck to cover for Young to the backline to cover for Saad being subbed out.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

You don’t think much of Plowman, fair enough, so why the plaudits for Kemp who played just ok against witches hats? What did he prove to you? I don’t think Kemp came in to replace Plowman. Young was selected as a fwd - ruck to make the Kemp selection palatable.

Gov is our intercept mark in the backline. What role does Kemp play that you like so much? Just curious.

The likelihood that Young was selected as a forward is about the same as Doc returning ‘early’.

Young rucked and was in the forwardline albeit 15 minutes. He had 11 HOs. He didn’t play backline all game. You know that don’t you? Kemp was fine for Waterman, but when he was matched up with Darling you could see there was a weight difference.

I wasn’t surprised because this early in the season, especially after 2 losses and very average form prior to that, coaches are tempted to try things. Maybe Voss didn’t want to see SOS in the ruck. Pitto played ruck for 85%.

We discussed the option of Young as A fwd-ruck prior to the game. No one seemed surprised and saw the virtues and risk associated with that move[/quote]

I am sure that in the last quarter JSOS went into the ruck to cover for Young to the backline to cover for Saad being subbed out.[/quote]

That's what SOS was doing on the last line.

Two consecutive times Ive seen SOS on the last line saving goals. He looked impressive. Hearty and soul. More importantly competitive.
I know one swallow doesn't make a summer.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
The opposition’s perspective-

https://youtu.be/G7cJyByK0xw

Good initiative by the weagles. Refreshing honesty although I am always fascinated by what they don’t want to give away….
Thanks abns

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

We discussed the option of Young as A fwd-ruck prior to the game. No one seemed surprised and saw the virtues and risk associated with that move

I am sure that in the last quarter JSOS went into the ruck to cover for Young to the backline to cover for Saad being subbed out.[/quote]

Two consecutive times Ive seen SOS on the last line saving goals. He looked impressive. Hearty and soul. More importantly competitive.
I know one swallow doesn't make a summer.[/quote]

JSOS rucked some centre bounces in the last. Young was playIng fullback.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:

I am sure that in the last quarter JSOS went into the ruck to cover for Young to the backline to cover for Saad being subbed out.

I know one swallow doesn't make a summer.[/quote]

JSOS rucked some centre bounces in the last. Young was playIng fullback.[/quote]

:thumbsup: Just rewatched the last. That was one amazing quarter for Blue baggers to enjoy.

SOS confuses me. In Voss I trust.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm a bit late to this thread but how good was that on the weekend, we really needed the moral boost for the club and some of the supporter base.
I know Wet Coat were very undermanned but I think our scoreline kind of accounted for that.
I'd have been pissed if we only won by a couple of goals.
The stand out for me was the 4 quarter effort of pressure, we didn't drop our heads at all.
I also like the way we just bullied their players, I remember one play where Crippa just grabbed the ball out a WCE players hands then palmed him in the chest and took off, more of that please.
Doc and Saad showed what we had been missing the last couple of weeks, the run was back.
And the fast ball movement coupled with a solid defensive set up gave them nothing.
Cincotta.....well.....what more can you say.....unreal pick up.
Kemp's intercept marking was outstanding also, needs to work on his kicking a little but he's great support down back for the team.
I like Lewis in the ruck as back up for Pitto, 11 HO's is nothing to sneeze at for the minimal time he was in the ruck, this could be a major issue solved.

I'm still concerned with Harry's kicking confidence, he really needs to sort that out in his head.
I'd prefer him kicking drop punts and missing for the next 4 weeks and then coming good for the second half of the year.
I did think we are still missing something on our wings/midfield transition, the delivery into the F50 from rebounding was tough to watch at times, even though a lot of marks were taken.
Hollands has great commitment but his kicking lacks penetration and accuracy, I know he is still young and has time to work on it but that is never guaranteed.
And Acres plays really well defensively, he gets back blocks, crashes, intercepts and wins the ball but then just slaps it on the boot a lot also.
We have definitely upgraded the intensity and hardness on the wings but have lost some polish in the process.
I wonder with Cincotta and Cowan in defence and Acres dropping back also we could try Saad on the wing.
The forwards would love it, lace out deliveries all day.

That minor detail aside, it was great to watch Charlie kicking a bag and also the mids getting involved again.
Now it's time to back it up and cause an upset this weekend.
Hopefully Owies and Motlop in for Fisher and Honey.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep. Lots of people talking down the win. Only West Coast.
The 3 previous weeks they were beaten by 3 of the competitions form teams. Melbourne, Port, Geelong. By an average of 50 points.
Only one of those games was at WC's home ground.
A 108 point demolitions against any side is a great achievement. Especially on their home deck.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:28 pm 
formerly Fevola

Blue Vain wrote:
Yep. Lots of people talking down the win. Only West Coast.
The 3 previous weeks they were beaten by 3 of the competitions form teams. Melbourne, Port, Geelong. By an average of 50 points.
Only one of those games was at WC's home ground.
A 108 point demolitions against any side is a great achievement. Especially on their home deck.

Yep Blue Vain, i had a look at that too. It was a good win in my books. Next few weeks is when the reality sets in though, and we need to prove ourselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next