Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:

Some very fair points

Re: LOB he has the attributes. It's about doing it under pressure at AFL level consistently and also needs to cut the basic mistakes. He has another year to work on it

Two major things for me. The ability to get our best or near our best on the park consistently so they play together. Combinations, trust are a massive part of good side

and, our skills. They are poor for this level. Way too many turnovers and especially bombing it inside 50. When do we kick to an advantage?

The other thing to consider is we have never had 22 good contributors. This year we have played Hollands & Cowan (who will both be good) but they are yet to have a 4 quarter influence along with names like Fisher Honey E.Curnow O'Brien. We have carried too many non contributors in games. I feel this week we are getting close to solving this issue. I expect over the next wek or so Boyd Cottrell Kennedy Owies will all be back which makes that even better

If we can keep close to our best 22 on the park we will be right in the mix for the second half of the year

100% agree with all of this.
It'll be interesting how we fit all these players in one side.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As far as I can recall we have shat the bed at every big moment/line in the sand game since that epic 100+ point thrashing by Hawthorn in 2006 - this is a such a moment - unless we win these games (consistently) we are going nowhere.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
As far as I can recall we have shat the bed at every big moment/line in the sand game since that epic 100+ point thrashing by Hawthorn in 2006 - this is a such a moment - unless we win these games (consistently) we are going nowhere.

I agree and its sad because its so true!

I'd go as far to suggest this particular line in the sand moment is the biggest and most critical one for as long as I can remember.

We simply must win and make a statement!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Bluetears wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Bluetears wrote:
Damn just found out its our so called "respect" round. Dammit, now i gotta go change all my tips to a loss, instead of the win i originally selected (i never usually tip against carlton, but this is bullshit so doing in protest. And common sense as we will lose 100% now.
Carlton is a footy club, i wish they would focus on footy and training (maybee give harry some extra goal kicking practice instead of friggin stupin virtue signalling. I really despise carlton doing this every year at expense of winning the game.. starting to make me spitefull of this stupid cause actually. If they actually won the bloody game once in a while i might think differently, but they dont, so this is my feel. I remember last year we lost, and j degoey was all over the news being disrespectful to women, he played, they won their game, and we we left looking like respectful to women losers having a loss, but no caring, cos at least we expressed how we respect women.. LOL
Wow.

They always show themselves, and unironically justify why Carlton Respects is a thing, lol.

Yeah this is an issue i dont need to address in my life (or have pretty much ever), and i dont appreciate the incinuation by this campaign that ALL men need to do better blah, blah. In my world respect is earned, equally by men and women (im not sexist discriminator unlike this cause). Real respect is shown through action, not some completely sexist ridiculous campaign by a supposed serious football club. The club should mind its own business instead of implying all men dont respect women enough. For the record, my boss is a woman, who has my complete respect, not because she is a woman, but because she is a great genuine honest and good person that has well and truly earned my respect with her personal actions.. she very much respects me also. Its all genuine, from actions, not just saying so to fit the narrative. Anyway. Dont care what you think of me. I know im a top bloke that many frankly arent worthy of even knowing me. No sheeple live at my household

I reckon you are a good bloke. Love the passion.
Now lets get on with footy. We are all Carlton.
Agree to disagee. OK?
My turn. Blue tears...they better be tears of joy, or you've sucked me in. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

Please win!
Break the curse of the orange socks.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Have a feeling Cincotta will take Cameron tof ree up Saad, because I think he can.
Think Heath Scotland. Pace the other way.

I feel we have enough versatility in the backline to spoil and get first hands in defense, and run it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It starts in the midfield, but a third of the time it starts from the backline.

I feel we found our mojo, and we've added low full frontal pressure with Motlop & Durdin.

It starts in the midfield. Good luck Blue Brothers...1 hour to get comfy and topped up.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

At Docklands they're showing a replay of the 1995 Qualifying Final. Blues v Brisbane.
What a team of champions we were back then.

Last edited by CFC8795 on Fri May 05, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

I don't rate mcinerney so looking for pittonet to do something tonight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:

The only performance that goes against this trend was last year beating the swans on a friday night after a sunday game the week before.

Otherwise i fully agree

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

AGRO wrote:

It’s the marketing curse.

Ever since those flower STUPID “smell what we’re cooking” and “they know we’re coming” campaigns.

We’ve always been the club with the swinging dicks, but the sheer audacity to roll out those promotions after tanking, then turning out to be terrible regardless… a deflated balloon will never return to its original shape.

Thank f-k we’ve rebuilt the place, but if this game doesn’t go our way, I’m not sure there’s enough sage or smoke to get the monkey off our backs.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

AGRO wrote:

Thanks for the reminder of that game in 2006 :hitcomputer: .
I'm bracing myself for a good bed soiling tonight.
I hope I'm wrong.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Lowey_47 wrote:
I don't rate mcinerney so looking for pittonet to do something tonight

I rate him. Should be a good battle with Pitto

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:12 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just realised mcstay won't have his annual birthday tonight. Guess he needs to wait another month

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:19 pm 
Geoff Southby

Hopefully MC luggage gets smashed by somebody.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
Just realised mcstay won't have his annual birthday tonight. Guess he needs to wait another month
It's in 2 weeks & doubt he'll be right by then

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

MC luggage….

i saw him at Rainbow Serpent a few years back…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Did he get smashed?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
It's in 2 weeks & doubt he'll be right by then

Thanks. If I supported any other team reckon I'd be disappointed he isn't playing against us.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

I've just realised its a full moon. I think we go ok against the bogans in these circumstances

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next