Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Owies may be a surprise return next week like Doc was this week. Russell is under a lot of heat, but only playing fit players.
So Honey and Fisher are on notice this week, especially Honey who is warming the seat for Owies, and Fish has Cottrell breathing over his shoulder.
If those 2 can perform on the big round ground, they will help our dysfunctional forwardline.

I just hope Kemp doesnt have to man up Darling, and if he does, Darling doesn't maul him. Hate it when Kempy is matched up on bigger players.

With Boyd, Owies, Motlop, Cottrell all back in next week or so, Fogarty being sub names like Honey, Fisher even Hollands must perform this weekend or they will be dropped

Form of Dow Carroll Binns has been pretty good as well

Re Kemp. I reckon he can handle Darling. Kemp is 192cm & 90kgs. Darling is 191cm & 95kgs. Kemp is also very mobile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Agree Sidey

Owies may be a surprise return next week like Doc was this week. Russell is under a lot of heat, but only playing fit players.
So Honey and Fisher are on notice this week, especially Honey who is warming the seat for Owies, and Fish has Cottrell breathing over his shoulder.
If those 2 can perform on the big round ground, they will help our dysfunctional forwardline.

I just hope Kemp doesnt have to man up Darling, and if he does, Darling doesn't maul him. Hate it when Kempy is matched up on bigger players.

At a guess I reckon it'll look more like;
Owies for Fisher
Motlop for Honey
Cottrell for Hollands (needs a rest)
Kennedy for Ed.
Depending on match ups and injuries of course......fingers crossed.

Either way, it's a good feeling to start talking about the possible ins and outs of the better players in the team.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

I still can't get my head around the fact Doc is playing. Wonder if Kennedy will be a late in for him

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
I still can't get my head around the fact Doc is playing. Wonder if Kennedy will be a late in for him

Nah I don't think you pull a big selection call like that only to not play him.
He will play.

As an aside I am starting to think Doc is the heart and soul of this team (and club).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Nah I don't think you pull a big selection call like that only to not play him.
He will play.

As an aside I am starting to think Doc is the heart and soul of this team (and club).

Bloody Oath

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fog didn't last long

Michael Voss confirms Matthew Kennedy will be the sub for Carlton tomorrow night. Voss says he was frustrated Kennedy had to be “omitted” to be the sub.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Agree Sidey

Owies for Fisher
Motlop for Honey
Kennedy for Ed.

Either way, it's a good feeling to start talking about the possible ins and outs of the better players in the team.

Fingers crossed. Selection next week will be interesting

I am going reserves tomorrow at Port. Boyd TDK Carroll O'Brien Cottrell Dow Plowman Binns Lemmey Durdin all worth watching as will Harley Reid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Agree Sidey

Owies for Fisher
Motlop for Honey
Kennedy for Ed.

Fingers crossed. Selection next week will be interesting

I am going reserves tomorrow at Port. Boyd TDK Carroll O'Brien Cottrell Dow Plowman Binns Lemmey Durdin all worth watching as will Harley Reid

Getting hands on the ball is one thing, but what they do with it counts a lot more. You will be able to see it all before you live. Look fwd to your views. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

Watching Kemp's highlights reel. Based on that

- a lovely mark
- agile and runs
- good kick

Would be a bargain replacement for McGovern if this is his true form. An interceptor but not a true KPB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Hopefully the plan for Young is to play his usual game, plus a few minutes in the ruck.

He’d be tits on a bull up forward.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

Michael Voss confirms Matthew Kennedy will be the sub for Carlton tomorrow night. Voss says he was frustrated Kennedy had to be “omitted” to be the sub.

Ohhhhhhh I didn't realise you had to omit a player to make them a sub.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:25 pm 
Bert Deacon

Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

Well, weak as piss Voss. Looking after his bulls. I'd say we have a fractured selection committee (based on the hope that at least some on the committee know something about the game). What is it about our club?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

billy_bongo wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

Well, weak as piss Voss. Looking after his bulls. I'd say we have a fractured selection committee (based on the hope that at least some on the committee know something about the game). What is it about our club?

I think it maybe AFL rules he's complaining about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

100%
Should be able to just announce the 23 today with ability for late changes if needed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:34 pm 
Bert Deacon

missnaut wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

So you can pretend to omit a player and then un-omit them?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Sidefx wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

Correct. I heard Dimma complain about it recently too. The clubs don’t like listing a player as “omitted” when the player is playing - ie. is just being moved from the starting 22 to being sub. It’s splitting hairs maybe, but I can see what they mean.

Sounds like Voss was happy to name the sub well in advance of the deadline this week to address the chat about Kennedy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:37 pm 
Bert Deacon

Sidefx wrote:
billy_bongo wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

Even that rule seems too stupid for the AFL...

OK...I get it now but surely they can come up with a better system. This is a bit misleading for the punters.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:33 pm 
Ken Hands

Fisher must have photos of Voss in bed with another woman. It's the only explanation.

Now that I've said that, he'll have 20 touches and kick 3 goals tomorrow night.

Go blues.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Fog didn't last long

I just watched the Voss interview.
Sub not annouinced till 1 hour before the game.
Obvious the sub, in our case, has an onfield role in the team of 23.
I agree: Just say it like Voss says
Kennedy will play.

Sounds to me like a round about way of saying Kennedy is not omitted.
Vossy hedging his Betts? I like.

23 man bench...make it 24 and limit rotations.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Voss was pretty unconvincing in that interview when asked about TDK's future

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next