Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
@Bondiblue - when it comes to footballers, I don’t go by ‘vibe’.
I do go by viewing and playing some football over the years.
Some you get right, some not so, that’s not specific to a vibe, just a thought process.

Good point.

Yeah I shouldn't have used that term.

Sorry Surrey I allowed myself to be annoyed you avoided my simple question. That should have told me everything I needed to know.

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to stick up for the young ones making their way, without shit stirring. I shouldnt have stopped to "vibe'.

You're one of the most passionate supporters, and I admire that, and I don't think there's any poster who we agree with every time. That's the beauty of the journey but when we win the CUP....its all forgotten because we got the Holy Grail...and that's what Carlton is all about....and whoever gets delisted after that is delisted for reasons the big boys getting the big bucks paid know.

Go Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I know I'm repetitive about this guy but you set your standards with selection. As long as Lochie O'Brien is getting a game, the message to the list is that short steps and weak efforts will be tolerated.
Body size is no excuse. Hollands is as lightly built as anyone and he never shirks a contest. Same with Cerra. He's as tough as any.
Time for Voss to set some minimum standards. Your physical standards as a team are set by your weakest link.

Once again the backline held up well. Although I would have bought in Cincotta. Carroll was a strange choice IMO and Honey isn't AFL standard. McGovern is still a bit humbly but his ball use from defence is elite. Durdin isn't getting the rewards at the moment but I love his intensity.
Charlie is a freak. When you consider he is shorter than some of the midfielders in the game, his aerial work is superb. And the fact he's a brilliant kick makes him even more dangerous.

A good hitout but a shit finish. Vossy wont be happy and it gives us a definite area for improvement to focus on.

I think its much too early to write of 21yo Honey after 13 games.

He's been selected for 2 stints of 4 and 5 games abnd was retained in the team, only for injury to cruel him. Last year he had an interupted preseason but he got into the team and kicked long set shots at goal, was team focussed assisting goals he could have gone for himself, is a tough tackler, has athletic pedigree.

I know Vossy loves him as a footballer, and he backs him too for obvious reasons imo. If you ever get the chance to speak with Vossy, ask him what he thinks of Honey. You will be surprised.

Crusader debated against his inclusion in the best 22 before 2022 got underway, but he didn't write him off, but had strong argument why he wasn't ready for Best 22. Honey was in a lot of Best 22 teams last year. That may be just on potential and from the little bits of pure football he displayed, but flower he's on the radar of the coaches and most supporters, because he's shown great football qualities. And you write him off.

Farmer Blue thinks he's not a hf BUT a HB because of his speed and ability, but it must be also because he's a footballer first then athlete, unlike LOB the athlete who has played 65 games and still doesnt fill anyone with confidence he's a footballer. But you've had this is your 6th year of viewing LOB.

Sydney Blue had this to say about Honey "Nah". Whatever that means but I will take that as a bust, without any explanation. So, you're not on your own writing off a 21yo whose played only 13 games.

Honey had 11 kicks on the weekend 100% Def, kicked a goal in only 41% game time as a small forward.

Dow, SPS, Fisher, LOB, Stocker, Fogarty were all round 1 and 2 picks...high picks....Honey was a rookie, albeit pick 3, but a rookie nonetheless, and he's still on the list. He's only 21yo and was just selected yesterday. The players like him. He's fun. He's good for teams culture (Farmer should know that). He's got time to develop in a good system with good coaches and I can see why he will be given more chances. "Nah" doesn't cut it with me.

I just can't see him being delisted because he's not an AFL footballer: quite the contrary. Maybe he is superfluous to our needs because we have a plethora of small forwards or half backs, but not because he isnt an AFL footballer.

I'm a glass half full guy. I can see what Honey brings to the game that the abovementioned high picks dont. I see a lot of upside. I will leave the writing off of players at the end of the year, rather than after round 4, and back the decisions of Vossy and co. I just dont think Austin has 21yo Honey's paper stamped.

Honey got selected on the weekend ahead of first round picks Dow and Fogarty. I'm sure he was selected because he is a developing AFL footballer and next in line for a like for like swap. Previous years he's kept his spot in the team, but his week I expect him to make way for the established players Walsh Kennedy and Acres coming into the team. There's also Martin coming back too, but then again, Honey was a like for like replacement for Owies, so who really knows? He's in the frame for 2023 and I'd back for future years too at this stage of his career.

I'm curious what your take on what's wrong with Honey, other than his age and experience?

Great essay but you're not accurately representing me. I'm not saying he can't make it in the future but he's currently not AFL standard. He's reactive, his skills aren't up to scratch and he doesn't use his main weapon (pace) to his advantage. He isn't a natural footballer (struggles to win his own ball). But I'm happy for him to continue developing his craft in the VFL with a view to promotion if his form warrants it.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
I know I'm repetitive about this guy but you set your standards with selection. As long as Lochie O'Brien is getting a game, the message to the list is that short steps and weak efforts will be tolerated.
Body size is no excuse. Hollands is as lightly built as anyone and he never shirks a contest. Same with Cerra. He's as tough as any.
Time for Voss to set some minimum standards. Your physical standards as a team are set by your weakest link.

Once again the backline held up well. Although I would have bought in Cincotta. Carroll was a strange choice IMO and Honey isn't AFL standard. McGovern is still a bit humbly but his ball use from defence is elite. Durdin isn't getting the rewards at the moment but I love his intensity.
Charlie is a freak. When you consider he is shorter than some of the midfielders in the game, his aerial work is superb. And the fact he's a brilliant kick makes him even more dangerous.

A good hitout but a shit finish. Vossy wont be happy and it gives us a definite area for improvement to focus on.

Spot on. :clap:

Which bit? All of it?

I agree with the logic of the LOB point, because its self explanatory and supported by Hollands and Cerra comparison.

What does "Humbly" mean in footy terms?

Cincotta instead of Carroll?

Honey is not AFL standard?

Durdin not getting the rewards for effort? That's sort of justified, but Durdin, like others needs to show rewards. Compare Durdin's rewards with Honey's. Why not?

Charlie is a freak, which is also explained.

Feeling a bit antagonistic Bondi?
They were just my opinions. No-one is saying you or anyone else has to agree.

Humbly should read fumbly.

Cincotta? My opinion. I'm not looking for you or anyone else to agree, just giving my thoughts. We're pushing Doc into the middle later in games and pushing midfielders into defence to cover for him. Players that are not training in those positions and gaining chemistry with the other defenders.
It seems logical to play a defender as the sub. Especially one who had 35+ possessions last week and had an excellent game. Looking to the future, we have Adelaide next week who have a number of excellent small forwards. I'd bring in another small forward to play a defensive role.

Honey? He's currently not AFL standard IMHO. It doesn't mean he cant be in the future or if he's trialled in the VFL in another role. He's just not there yet. See above post.

Durdin? If you cant see the value he provides over Josh Honey, that's fine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

I think its much too early to write of 21yo Honey after 13 games.

He's been selected for 2 stints of 4 and 5 games abnd was retained in the team, only for injury to cruel him. Last year he had an interupted preseason but he got into the team and kicked long set shots at goal, was team focussed assisting goals he could have gone for himself, is a tough tackler, has athletic pedigree.

I know Vossy loves him as a footballer, and he backs him too for obvious reasons imo. If you ever get the chance to speak with Vossy, ask him what he thinks of Honey. You will be surprised.

Crusader debated against his inclusion in the best 22 before 2022 got underway, but he didn't write him off, but had strong argument why he wasn't ready for Best 22. Honey was in a lot of Best 22 teams last year. That may be just on potential and from the little bits of pure football he displayed, but flower he's on the radar of the coaches and most supporters, because he's shown great football qualities. And you write him off.

Farmer Blue thinks he's not a hf BUT a HB because of his speed and ability, but it must be also because he's a footballer first then athlete, unlike LOB the athlete who has played 65 games and still doesnt fill anyone with confidence he's a footballer. But you've had this is your 6th year of viewing LOB.

Sydney Blue had this to say about Honey "Nah". Whatever that means but I will take that as a bust, without any explanation. So, you're not on your own writing off a 21yo whose played only 13 games.

Honey had 11 kicks on the weekend 100% Def, kicked a goal in only 41% game time as a small forward.

Dow, SPS, Fisher, LOB, Stocker, Fogarty were all round 1 and 2 picks...high picks....Honey was a rookie, albeit pick 3, but a rookie nonetheless, and he's still on the list. He's only 21yo and was just selected yesterday. The players like him. He's fun. He's good for teams culture (Farmer should know that). He's got time to develop in a good system with good coaches and I can see why he will be given more chances. "Nah" doesn't cut it with me.

I just can't see him being delisted because he's not an AFL footballer: quite the contrary. Maybe he is superfluous to our needs because we have a plethora of small forwards or half backs, but not because he isnt an AFL footballer.

I'm a glass half full guy. I can see what Honey brings to the game that the abovementioned high picks dont. I see a lot of upside. I will leave the writing off of players at the end of the year, rather than after round 4, and back the decisions of Vossy and co. I just dont think Austin has 21yo Honey's paper stamped.

Honey got selected on the weekend ahead of first round picks Dow and Fogarty. I'm sure he was selected because he is a developing AFL footballer and next in line for a like for like swap. Previous years he's kept his spot in the team, but his week I expect him to make way for the established players Walsh Kennedy and Acres coming into the team. There's also Martin coming back too, but then again, Honey was a like for like replacement for Owies, so who really knows? He's in the frame for 2023 and I'd back for future years too at this stage of his career.

I'm curious what your take on what's wrong with Honey, other than his age and experience?

Great essay but you're not accurately representing me. I'm not saying he can't make it in the future but he's currently not AFL standard. He's reactive, his skills aren't up to scratch and he doesn't use his main weapon (pace) to his advantage. He isn't a natural footballer (struggles to win his own ball). But I'm happy for him to continue developing his craft in the VFL with a view to promotion if his form warrants it.

Thank you. I try and not be cryptic and too clever.
I tried to respectfully explain my position with Honey. Share my thoughts, with facts, why he shouldn't be written off.

I dont always agree with you BV, but respect your opinions, and asked for explanation accordingly.
I referenced, Farmer, Sydney and Cru who also have question marks on Honey, well Sydney's "nah" didnt really tell me anything but his feelings.

I wanted clarity and understanding as to why he is not AFL standard, which usually implies isn't going to make it in the AFL, for insight as to what I'm missing.
That's all.

I wasn't representing you at all, and I read what you typed accurately. You explained what you meant. Thanks.

I don't think I'm missing anything with Honey's progress and attributes, and now I know some of his shortfalls, from your perspective and that you didn't imply he doesn't have a future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Spot on. :clap:

Which bit? All of it?

I agree with the logic of the LOB point, because its self explanatory and supported by Hollands and Cerra comparison.

What does "Humbly" mean in footy terms?

Cincotta instead of Carroll?

Honey is not AFL standard?

Durdin not getting the rewards for effort? That's sort of justified, but Durdin, like others needs to show rewards. Compare Durdin's rewards with Honey's. Why not?

Charlie is a freak, which is also explained.

Feeling a bit antagonistic Bondi?
They were just my opinions. No-one is saying you or anyone else has to agree.

Humbly should read fumbly.

Cincotta? My opinion. I'm not looking for you or anyone else to agree, just giving my thoughts. We're pushing Doc into the middle later in games and pushing midfielders into defence to cover for him. Players that are not training in those positions and gaining chemistry with the other defenders.
It seems logical to play a defender as the sub. Especially one who had 35+ possessions last week and had an excellent game. Looking to the future, we have Adelaide next week who have a number of excellent small forwards. I'd bring in another small forward to play a defensive role.

Honey? He's currently not AFL standard IMHO. It doesn't mean he cant be in the future or if he's trialled in the VFL in another role. He's just not there yet. See above post.

Durdin? If you cant see the value he provides over Josh Honey, that's fine.

Not antagonistic at all. I'm seeking clarification, and defending the MC and a 21yo young player on our list.
I also wanted to share what I've been told about Honey too, which is contrary to some of the throw away lines I'm reading.

haha your last line. I've no idea where you come up with the idea I don't see the value of Durdin over Honey. Why say that? Cant think of any reason other than to deflect my line of questioning which revolves exclusively around Honey and your statement/ opinion. The art of deflection is commonly used with one particular poster gets your back up. Lets stick to the discussion and drop the personal crap. Remember my essay? Honey centric. I also know uou read "I love Durdin and Motley" just a couple posts earlier.

In all my Best 23 teams for 2023 I have Durdin well ahead of Honey as a small forward, and I really do love what Durdin brings to the team. You would never have heard any criticism of Durdin from me, even when he was quiet in a couple of games this year. I didn't blame him for a quiet game on the statistic side of the ledger. I see Honey attributes to be different to Durdin, in size and speed and I'm hoping we can develop him other positions if needed....maybe Martin's, or Fisher's as a HHF for example....one day....maybe HB. Who knows. He's on our list. We have an obligation to add value.

I'm not going to cry if Honey is delisted, but I'd like to think the club is doing the right thing these days and developing players like Honey for success by honing in on his weapons and fixing up his weaknesses. He's only 21yo and I think there's potential there.

MC picked him last year and last week. I thought you had faith in the MC and coaching group. Obviously you think the MC was mistaken to select Honey. I was surprised by that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

I am not down with the technical jargon & tactical nuances of the game, but in very general terms I thought Honey looked like a headless chook on Friday. That's my knock on him.

Maybe I need to watch the replay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Quote:
WORLD RECORD’ STAT AMID BLUES’ ‘CLINICAL’ COMEBACK

Facing the prospect of a Good Friday flop, Carlton flipped the script and blitzed North Melbourne in an ominous second-half display.

And the Blues did it via one of the most unique scoring profiles ever seen in the AFL.

The Blues on Friday night kicked 11.5 to 6.10 to run away with a 23-point win.

Remarkably, 31 of those second-half points (5.1) came from kick-ins, compared to 4.2 from turnover and 2.2 from stoppages. According to Champion Data, Carlton’s 31 points from kick-ins were the most ever produced from that score source in a half of footy.

[color=#FFFF00]“World record statistical announcement … no one has ever done that in the history of stats,[/color]” five-time All-Australian Garry Lyon proudly announced on Fox Footy.

Four-time premiership Hawk Jordan Lewis added:[color=#FFFF00] “It was clinical.”[/color]

What made the scores-from-kick-ins feat even more remarkable was the fact Carlton was severely struggling to move the ball during the first half.

The Kangaroos in the first half, according to Champion Data, used the corridor to transition out of their defensive arc 45 per cent of the time. The Blues, conversely, didn’t use the corridor at all, with their slow ball movement giving Alastair Clarkson’s side ample opportunity to set up behind the ball.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-round-4-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-nick-daicos-brownlow-medal-paddy-mccartin-concussion-retirement/news-story/ef43632d5aeb43079c68ece3a70c6969

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
I am not down with the technical jargon & tactical nuances of the game, but in very general terms I thought Honey looked like a headless chook on Friday. That's my knock on him.

Serious. Third quarter is worth watching over and over.

I was disappointed in that stuff too.
I felt he didn't attack the contest with his power and speed like he did last year.

He has the body and mongrel to hurt but didn't
Maybe the coach told him to stay out wide. That's what it looked like to me. I'm guessing too.

Honey had 11 kicks. 100% efficiency. Kicked a nice set shot from 40. He played virtually half a game.
I'm not saying he was amazing, nor better than Fisher. But, he replaced Owies like for like at HF.

Our No 1 choice HF, Jack Martin, in his last game had 6 disposals in 71% game time.
Our No 2 choice HF, Zac Fisher, in his previous game had 10 disposals in 74% game time no tackles
Fisher didn't get a kick after Quarter time.
Amazing how things look when we put a different perspective to it.

Things change, and sometimes the good things are right under our noses.
I believe there's a lot going for him, and he's doing a lot well, and regardless of what his instructions may be, we still want to see the aggressive Honey.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I find disappointment with every player, but whilst they're on our list, they're all our boys.
Some will help us win a Reserve Grade flag after all these decades.

I'm also realistic that there's going to be 3 rookie upgrades at the end of the year, and the 2 Camporeale boys will be coming too. We have round 1 & 2 picks to take or trade....7 spots.
We have to make room. at least.

There will be a lot of delisted players at the end of the year, and injury prone players are on notice (Philp, Marchy, Cunners, Gov, Fog..) Martin and Williams still under contracts. Honey is also out of contract. But there's also 1st rounders, Dow and LOB to consider, having seen them develop & blossom over 7 years. Honey might be with us for a while. He's only 21yo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hey….

did Honey look lighter…?

seemed less brick outhouse than usual…!

don’t know if i read it here or dreamed it…but
how would Honey go as a small defender…?

i don’t mean permanent…but as a reserve type
player…be groomed as a small BP…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Hey….

did Honey look lighter…?

seemed less brick outhouse than usual…!

don’t know if i read it here or dreamed it…but
how would Honey go as a small defender…?

i don’t mean permanent…but as a reserve type
player…be groomed as a small BP…!

kindest regards tommi

Farmer Blue suggested that. Good idea.
The more I think about it...
Plenty of time to develop. We will need a good 7th Defender when oldies retire.
He's definitely depth at this stage.

He's going back to the reserves to make way for the big boys'return.
At 184cm, so he's not small like Durdin Motlop Fisher.
Owies is 183. Hence like for like.

I've pigeon holed Honey as a HF probably because I'm desperate to fill that hole, that's why I'm hoping Austin is going to hook one from SAFL (if true).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

With regards to Honey 6 of his 7 disposals were turnovers.
There was one particular instance under little pressure he kicked the ball to an unmanned North player and there wasn't a Carlton player within 30 metres.
His game awareness appears to be zero.
At least he doesn't shit his pants when someone comes near him like others.
But he has a long way to go

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

Congratulations to both clubs. It should become an enduring rivalry.

As much as I hate Clarko the coach I take my hat off to him, his treatment of the young bloke was outstanding.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:46 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
There was one particular instance under little pressure he kicked the ball to an unmanned North player and there wasn't a Carlton player within 30 metres.

I agree he has a long way to go. I think all the peripheral, depth and developing players have a long way to go, or not so long.
Honey has weapons. You didn't see anything good with Honey?
I remember the days we applauded players for being a straight kick at goal. Its the one thing we expect from, Forwards.
If we have stopped doing that, then we shouldn't complain then when Harry misses easy shots.

100% Disposal Efficiency is what afl.com stats chow, Herald Sun too.
Not sure where they get their stats. Anyone know what Champion data report.
You'd think that a ball kicked to an unmanned opponent would be a clanger and affect his Def.

I can't recall turnovers. Kicks to a contest are not turnovers. I can't recall that kick either.
I have watched the game sober too. No doubt I will watch the game again before Crows game.
I usually trust your judgement SB, as a bloke who says it as he sees it. I'll look for these clangers that were missed by me and the data farmers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:42 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

I agree he has a long way to go. I think all the peripheral, depth and developing players have a long way to go, or not so long.
I remember the days we applauded players for being a straight kick at goal. Its the one thing we expect from, Forwards.
If we have stopped doing that, then we shouldn't complain then when Harry misses easy shots.

You'd think that a ball kicked to an unmanned opponent would be a clanger and affect his Def.

I can't recall turnovers. Kicks to a contest are not turnovers. I can't recall that kick either.
I have watched the game sober too. No doubt I will watch the game again before Crows game.
I usually trust your judgement SB, as a bloke who says it as he sees it. I'll look for these clangers that were missed by me and the data farmers.

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained
77.8% Disposal Efficiency
Only 1 registered clanger though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:12 am 
Geoff Southby

I'm not sure what to say about that game other than glad we got the 4 points and I just hope that this wasn't a missed opportunity for later in the year.
For half a quarter we showed we can now start putting teams away, we just need to keep it up for longer periods like Geelong yesterday.
Either way, wining ugly beats losing ugly everyday.

Pros:
I thought both Harry and Charlie played well, but without a real defence you'd have hoped they would.
Our defence is the most important part of our team structure.
I thought the Gov is really starting to show why he is needed, we just need him to stay on the park for the rest of the year and if we have to manage him like we did then we need a defender as a sub.
We are no longer their bunnies, now it's their turn to be ours.
Saad + Ramadan = Good times.

Cons:
Our midfield is slow and as I said in the game thread, if Kennedy has the speed it's alleged we really needed that.
JSOS, what was up with his kicking. Hopefully it was just a bad day.
Young has you always guessing as to when and won't he mark the ball, I think it's a part of his game he really needs to iron out.
Hollands and Cowan both competed well but I think overall their output was down a bit, hopefully it was just that game but we may have to look at giving them a spell soon so we don't burn them out.
Honey, didn't really add too much to the position but when we lack depth we lack choice.
Fisher was ineffective again, I'm not blinded by the possession count for him.
LOB, tried hard but disappointing.

And I'm confused as to the way others have seen the game when bagging LOB's performance yet praising Fisher and/or Honey.
To be perfectly honest all 3 had terrible games, all 3 were involved yet all 3 managed little to no impact and all 3 avoid body contact.
The only positive to take out of the game for the 3 of them was that apppart from a couple of nice disposals/acts, for a brief period while they had the ball in their hands, North didn't.

With Walsh, Kennedy and Acres coming back I'd assume the above 3 will be dropped and rightly so based on that game.

Not looking forward to Adelaide game purely on statistics, but geez I hope we can put our game plan together for this one.
Go Blues.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:03 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained

Thanks Sidey
Must have been the Herald sun...I could swear that it was 100% on the afl too.
afl.com suggests 9 kicks therefore 3 ineffective kicks, 6 marks
Sydney Blue 6-7 disposals???
I must have got 11 disposals from Herald sun. They do the qtr by qtr stats.

I dont have a hard copy of HS and don't know how to view back issues.
Anyone got a copy of Saturday's Herald Sun to check Honey's stats in there. Please.

I'm not related to Honey, and I'm not concerned if he is delisted.
Like I said, there's going to be at least 7 changes to the list if we decide to upgrade the rookies coming out of contract.
I see he has weapons we need: mongrel, speed, strength good kick.

I'm more concerned that he may well be another SOS smaller player selection stuff up, coz after watching them for 6-7 years, I dont have much faith in Dow, LOB and Fisher TBH.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained

Thanks Sidey

Anyone got a copy of Saturday's Herald Sun to check Honey's stats in there. Please.

Like I said, there's going to be at least 7 changes to the list if we decide to upgrade the rookies coming out of contract.

I'm more concerned that he may well be another SOS smaller player selection stuff up, coz after watching them for 6-7 years, I dont have much faith in Dow, LOB and Fisher TBH.

Too easy.
Sometimes the stats change after the game on the AFL website, they must go back and adjust them.

You know what I'm like, I want to see all our players do well but at the same time I like to be fair and call out all players who aren't performing.
There is upside in all the above players but unless they prove themselves then it will say more about the strength of our first side than anything.
I've been calling for Honey to come in and have a crack for the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately for him he didn't show enough to stay in ahead of the possible returning players this week.
His advantage like you've said is he is young and he can still go back to the 2s and put the pressure on to get selected again.

I think Fisher and LOB will need this humbling experience also, either way we need depth and there is no better depth than close competition for spots.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained

Thanks Sidey

Too easy.
Sometimes the stats change after the game on the AFL website, they must go back and adjust them.

You know what I'm like, I want to see all our players do well but at the same time I like to be fair and call out all players who aren't performing.
There is upside in all the above players but unless they prove themselves then it will say more about the strength of our first side than anything.
I've been calling for Honey to come in and have a crack for the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately for him he didn't show enough to stay in ahead of the possible returning players this week.
His advantage like you've said is he is young and he can still go back to the 2s and put the pressure on to get selected again.

I think Fisher and LOB will need this humbling experience also, either way we need depth and there is no better depth than close competition for spots.

I'm sure I got my stats right. I have a chart I put players on for lots of reasons, money is one, and am sure what I read, because I referred to those numbers in posts before they entered my chart.

The last 2 players you mention are important for us. They are on the list and are good on their day, but imo depth.

When there's competition for spots players step up...well some do... and I believe Fisher knew his place in the 22 was in a precarious position before last week, and look what he did. He was good enough for me to be happy with his game, but I hadnt forgotten his first 3 weaks (pun intended).

I'm keen on what players can do for us in 2023 because of our injury history.End of year is another story. I want the list to continually improve. A lot more first rounders will be traded or delisted, so a rookie like Honey, well his tenure is precarious too. That's where our list is at. We knew it was going to happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next