Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Apologies if already posted. Interesting to see what happens with this game on Brownlow night. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cripps get votes.

AFLCA Votes

9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
I'm sure I got my stats right. I have a chart I put players on for lots of reasons, money is one, and am sure what I read, because I referred to those numbers in posts before they entered my chart.

The last 2 players you mention are important for us. They are on the list and are good on their day, but imo depth.

When there's competition for spots players step up...well some do... and I believe Fisher knew his place in the 22 was in a precarious position before last week, and look what he did. He was good enough for me to be happy with his game, but I hadnt forgotten his first 3 weaks (pun intended).

I'm keen on what players can do for us in 2023 because of our injury history.End of year is another story. I want the list to continually improve. A lot more first rounders will be traded or delisted, so a rookie like Honey, well his tenure is precarious too. That's where our list is at. We knew it was going to happen.

So far this year that's what they have both produced, depth performances.
I know it's only early and as I have stated all along I'll assess them both at the end of the year, still a lot of games to play though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
With regards to Honey 6 of his 7 disposals were turnovers.
There was one particular instance under little pressure he kicked the ball to an unmanned North player and there wasn't a Carlton player within 30 metres.
His game awareness appears to be zero.
At least he doesn't shit his pants when someone comes near him like others.
But he has a long way to go

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I agree he has a long way to go. I think all the peripheral, depth and developing players have a long way to go, or not so long.
Honey has weapons. You didn't see anything good with Honey?
I remember the days we applauded players for being a straight kick at goal. Its the one thing we expect from, Forwards.
If we have stopped doing that, then we shouldn't complain then when Harry misses easy shots.

100% Disposal Efficiency is what afl.com stats chow, Herald Sun too.
Not sure where they get their stats. Anyone know what Champion data report.
You'd think that a ball kicked to an unmanned opponent would be a clanger and affect his Def.

I can't recall turnovers. Kicks to a contest are not turnovers. I can't recall that kick either.
I have watched the game sober too. No doubt I will watch the game again before Crows game.
I usually trust your judgement SB, as a bloke who says it as he sees it. I'll look for these clangers that were missed by me and the data farmers.

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained
77.8% Disposal Efficiency
Only 1 registered clanger though.

Thanks Sidey
Must have been the Herald sun...I could swear that it was 100% on the afl too.
afl.com suggests 9 kicks therefore 3 ineffective kicks, 6 marks
Sydney Blue 6-7 disposals???
I must have got 11 disposals from Herald sun. They do the qtr by qtr stats.

I dont have a hard copy of HS and don't know how to view back issues.
Anyone got a copy of Saturday's Herald Sun to check Honey's stats in there. Please.

I'm not related to Honey, and I'm not concerned if he is delisted.
Like I said, there's going to be at least 7 changes to the list if we decide to upgrade the rookies coming out of contract.
I see he has weapons we need: mongrel, speed, strength good kick.

I'm more concerned that he may well be another SOS smaller player selection stuff up, coz after watching them for 6-7 years, I dont have much faith in Dow, LOB and Fisher TBH.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-carlton-blues--josh-honey

Go to advanced stats they have 4 turnovers

They are being kind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:06 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
With regards to Honey 6 of his 7 disposals were turnovers.
There was one particular instance under little pressure he kicked the ball to an unmanned North player and there wasn't a Carlton player within 30 metres.
His game awareness appears to be zero.
At least he doesn't shit his pants when someone comes near him like others.
But he has a long way to go

I agree he has a long way to go. I think all the peripheral, depth and developing players have a long way to go, or not so long.
Honey has weapons. You didn't see anything good with Honey?
I remember the days we applauded players for being a straight kick at goal. Its the one thing we expect from, Forwards.
If we have stopped doing that, then we shouldn't complain then when Harry misses easy shots.

100% Disposal Efficiency is what afl.com stats chow, Herald Sun too.
Not sure where they get their stats. Anyone know what Champion data report.
You'd think that a ball kicked to an unmanned opponent would be a clanger and affect his Def.

I can't recall turnovers. Kicks to a contest are not turnovers. I can't recall that kick either.
I have watched the game sober too. No doubt I will watch the game again before Crows game.
I usually trust your judgement SB, as a bloke who says it as he sees it. I'll look for these clangers that were missed by me and the data farmers.

AFL stats:
9 Kicks
0 Handballs
0 Tackles
6 Marks
1 Goal
272 Meters Gained
77.8% Disposal Efficiency
Only 1 registered clanger though.

Thanks Sidey
Must have been the Herald sun...I could swear that it was 100% on the afl too.
afl.com suggests 9 kicks therefore 3 ineffective kicks, 6 marks
Sydney Blue 6-7 disposals???
I must have got 11 disposals from Herald sun. They do the qtr by qtr stats.

I dont have a hard copy of HS and don't know how to view back issues.
Anyone got a copy of Saturday's Herald Sun to check Honey's stats in there. Please.

I'm not related to Honey, and I'm not concerned if he is delisted.
Like I said, there's going to be at least 7 changes to the list if we decide to upgrade the rookies coming out of contract.
I see he has weapons we need: mongrel, speed, strength good kick.

I'm more concerned that he may well be another SOS smaller player selection stuff up, coz after watching them for 6-7 years, I dont have much faith in Dow, LOB and Fisher TBH.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-carlton-blues--josh-honey

Go to advanced stats they have 4 turnovers

They are being kind

:thumbsup: Thanks Sydney. I will watch the game sometime in next 2 days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8