Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yup….

that’s a stronger team than last week…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:44 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Why isn't there much fanfare for Fisher playing his 100th game?

Has anyone heard anything about Fisher's 100th in the Melb media?

Its not a surprise nothing has been mentioned in Sydney media: Swans n Rugby territory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Why isn't there much fanfare for Fisher playing his 100th game?

Has anyone heard anything about Fisher's 100th in the Melb media?

Its not a surprise nothing has been mentioned in Sydney media: Swans n Rugby territory
I didn't realise either.

In Adelaide and everyone keeps telling us the Crows are gonna flog us. LOL South Australians.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluegirl72 wrote:
You are a dynamo Bondi!
Have a blast and help us win!

I'm excited you're back in the fold BG. :thumbsup:
Can't believe your baby is 28yo, and how good you memory is, mine are now 15 and 19.
Both loyal Carltonians. Both calm and cool, nothing like me, till I get them to the footy.

I played your song you recorded about your beloved Blues to a couple lads at Mushroom back in the day.
Gosh 10-15 years ago. Neither were Carlton supporters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I reckon we smash them. Vossy would've read them the riot act after their weak performance last year and rightly so. Players would still be smarting from that too. This game would've been circled once the fixture came out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:
You are a dynamo Bondi!
Have a blast and help us win!

I'm excited you're back in the fold BG. :thumbsup:
Can't believe your baby is 28yo, and how good you memory is, mine are now 15 and 19.
Both loyal Carltonians. Both calm and cool, nothing like me, till I get them to the footy.

I played your song you recorded about your beloved Blues to a couple lads at Mushroom back in the day.
Gosh 10-15 years ago. Neither were Carlton supporters.

:lol: :lol: you crack me up B.B.!
Stuck it right up 'em at Mushroom.
Excellent.
Great to hear you boys are cool calm baggers.
Now for the win baby!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:35 pm 
Robert Walls

bluegirl72 wrote:
Is Bondi on something besides natural exuberance?
Asking for a friend who has a seat a few rows back from him.
:razz: :yikes:

Known him for +35 years

Mad as a cut snake, gives life a shake……high on life

Family man. Love him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cincotta not even in the extended squad. Hmm, if he’s not close to selection when Doc, Boyd & Williams are out then it makes me wonder why we drafted him at 26 years of age.

I would also read into his non-selection that one of Cerra, Hewitt or E.Curnow are going to play extended periods in defence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

Known him for +35 years

Family man. Love him.

:grin: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Emergencies named

O'Brien Plowman Carroll Honey

2 will go for the ride, one sub and the other emergency.

Good team, I would expect Plowman may be the sub.
Personally, I would have bought in Cincotta as a defensive rotation and left out either Silvagni or Pitto but in Voss we trust.
Crows have a very strong line up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 pm 
Bob Chitty

I have two tickets for the game ... i had every intention of going but work has just gone mental with all the 7 star, whole of home, livable standards, condensation management and plumbing regulation clarifications coming in ...

so two tickets available.

1 is an adult, 1 is a conc ...

free to any good carlton supporters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:22 pm 
Geoff Southby

I know I’m not the first to say this, but we are not playing particularly well. It’s great we’ve been able to bank a few wins, but we need to improve. I’m sure the players and coaches are aware of this - eg. Voss seemed genuinely pissed off at the way we finished vs North - but I’m still seeing us as a middle-of-the-table type side. Our percentage is a better indicator than our ladder position IMO.

The obvious hope is that we hit our straps soon and that we look back with relief that we managed to remain undefeated in the first month despite not playing great footy.

However, there’s also a very real possibility that we look back at these as the good times and regret that we didn’t respond to some early danger signs.

So what needs to improve? A run of weeks without fresh injuries would help, but we can’t count on that. We need to stop teams taking the ball from their defensive 50 to their forward 50 with little or no delay. We need a greater spread of goalkickers. We need to make the most of our opportunities when we have the momentum. We need improvement in our tackle and clearance numbers.

Adelaide at home will be a tougher proposition than some on here think it will be. If we don’t improve, we could be in for a rude shock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Attachments:
Shock.jpg
Shock.jpg [ 107.69 KiB | Viewed 748 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

london blue wrote:
bluegirl72 wrote:

Known him for +35 years

Family man. Love him.

Well clutch my pearls, what I sneaky thing to say.

That's not what you said when I pissed on your dunny seat after the Cats or was it Tigers game. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
I know I’m not the first to say this, but we are not playing particularly well. It’s great we’ve been able to bank a few wins, but we need to improve. I’m sure the players and coaches are aware of this - eg. Voss seemed genuinely pissed off at the way we finished vs North - but I’m still seeing us as a middle-of-the-table type side. Our percentage is a better indicator than our ladder position IMO.

The obvious hope is that we hit our straps soon and that we look back with relief that we managed to remain undefeated in the first month despite not playing great footy.

However, there’s also a very real possibility that we look back at these as the good times and regret that we didn’t respond to some early danger signs.

So what needs to improve? A run of weeks without fresh injuries would help, but we can’t count on that. We need to stop teams taking the ball from their defensive 50 to their forward 50 with little or no delay. We need a greater spread of goalkickers. We need to make the most of our opportunities when we have the momentum. We need improvement in our tackle and clearance numbers.

Adelaide at home will be a tougher proposition than some on here think it will be. If we don’t improve, we could be in for a rude shock.

Agree with everything except we are a middle of the road team because that isnt based solely on percentage. The 4 points count more.

We've shown a commitment to tough footy. Fk we've come a long way. More than middle of the road. Would love a greater spread of goal kickers, but then again as long as our goalkickers kick goals, whoever they are, and we're winning there's something working that hadn't been. We are deservedly 2nd on the ladder, based on what all our expectations were after 4 rounds of footy against Top teams and north..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

aboynamedsue wrote:

Soooo…… Carlton by only 40 then?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:30 am 
Bruce Doull

Cripps, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy, Walsh

At last, I can die

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Soooo…… Carlton by only 40 then?

I believe we are a genuine outsider. It's great that we're winning but we're not playing particularly good footy.
Last week we beat a very average side with better kicking at goal. North had more possessions, more inside 50's, more scoring shots, they flogged us at clearances and it's fair to say the umpires looked after us.
So we've beaten 9th, 13th, 15th and we drew with 12th. Our defence is holding well but we've kicked less "points for" than any other team in the 8. With the past 2 Coleman Medallists in our front half!
With our defence, we're relying on individual talent as much as system to hold us up. Number 1 in the AFL for defensive 1 on 1 wins. I believe it's the same with our attack. Individual talent over system.

Couple that with our scoring from clearances dropping off the cliff from last year and we're playing average footy at the moment. 16th in the AFL for clearances when you look at the talent we have in the middle? That's not our profile of strength.
It's great that we've found the ability to bank wins whilst playing average footy but the time has come to step its up. Especially with an almost full strength side this week.
We have a reasonably highly touted coaching staff. It's time to see if they can insert some flow into our ball movement. The Adelaide game will tell us a lot about where we actually are placed structurally, methodically and progressively. And how much we have missed Sam Walsh's linking ability.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:14 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm not really overly confident either but at the same time hopeful this is the game where it all clicks.

Especially with the ins

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:38 am 
Stephen Kernahan

How many games did Brisbane win without two of Voss, Lappin, Black, Akermanis and Power?

I posted this a week ago…

Three best mids - 40%.
Four best mids - 58%.
Five best mids - 62.5%.

Out five best mids have only played together 8 times out of 26 games and in some of those one got injured.

We’ve been winning ugly but trying to hold all five of our guys won’t be easy and if we control the middle it’ll take pressure off the defence.

If Kennedy and Walsh are fully fit we’re a very different side to when we only had three.

Blues by 279 points.

Mort Sahl

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next