Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

jake_h03 wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
I’ll admit it, I’m nervous. I hope the occasion gets to Adelaide and not us.

What occasion? It’s a game against Adelaide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the Gill McLachlan Gather Round Me, if you do t think it’s a big deal then I suggest you ask him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

I hope we have the Crows beaten by quarter time and then control the game for the last 3 quarters.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

DesEnglish wrote:
jake_h03 wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
I’ll admit it, I’m nervous. I hope the occasion gets to Adelaide and not us.

What occasion? It’s a game against Adelaide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is the Gill McLachlan Gather Round Me, if you do t think it’s a big deal then I suggest you ask him.
Oh LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Both teams have creative talented footballers, concern is Adelaide's physicality and fanatical approach on home ground, Walker and Fogerty will rip it up, can't see our defenders holding them back for a whole game, both players are aggressive, punish and crumbs/loose balls fall to Rankine & Rachele, ouch.
Our mighty midfield is the key, if we dominate and spread well and we should, we'll win the game, otherwise a very dure affair.

Last edited by bmaurizio on Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Adelaide at home will be a tougher proposition than some on here think it will be. If we don’t improve, we could be in for a rude shock.

Soooo…… Carlton by only 40 then?

I believe we are a genuine outsider. It's great that we're winning but we're not playing particularly good footy.
Last week we beat a very average side with better kicking at goal. North had more possessions, more inside 50's, more scoring shots, they flogged us at clearances and it's fair to say the umpires looked after us.
So we've beaten 9th, 13th, 15th and we drew with 12th. Our defence is holding well but we've kicked less "points for" than any other team in the 8. With the past 2 Coleman Medallists in our front half!
With our defence, we're relying on individual talent as much as system to hold us up. Number 1 in the AFL for defensive 1 on 1 wins. I believe it's the same with our attack. Individual talent over system.

Couple that with our scoring from clearances dropping off the cliff from last year and we're playing average footy at the moment. 16th in the AFL for clearances when you look at the talent we have in the middle? That's not our profile of strength.
It's great that we've found the ability to bank wins whilst playing average footy but the time has come to step its up. Especially with an almost full strength side this week.
We have a reasonably highly touted coaching staff. It's time to see if they can insert some flow into our ball movement. The Adelaide game will tell us a lot about where we actually are placed structurally, methodically and progressively. And how much we have missed Sam Walsh's linking ability.

I agree 1000000%. We also need to bury teams when we have the ascendancy (especially those teams we should beat and beat well aka North). Not sure, but it seems some are fixated on our draw to "offset" our ordinary %. I think we cannot just think that so called "buffer" is enough. Much more scoring needs to come from others outside of Harry and Charlie and it has to start tonite IMO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

I've gone way to hard to early...so its time to bring out...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

To all those at the ground, YELL for me!

GO BLUES!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17