Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:34 pm 
Bob Chitty

I don't care that we got a dud free kick, and it was a did free kick l, but flower have we been on the wrong side of shit decision in the pass

Abit surprised about this game.

I was actually really disappointed in the result ... Who the @#$%&! am I to be disappointed with a win .. it's been a quick turn around under Voss, where just a win isn't good enough.

That alone is a huge positive.

We can actually win Playing very poorly. That tells you that the system is working.

A few positives

Cripps
Newman
Young
The two new lads are impressing more every game
Fisher grew into the game
McGovern looks better every game he plays
Durdin, Motlop look good as smalls.

More positives that originally thought whilst watching the game

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

The best part of the win was being headed with momentum GWS’s way yet coming from behind to hold on and close it out.
Where are we? Hard to know. At this stage in our development we should always beat teams like GWS. Last weeks win against the Centrelink Cats maybe has lost a little gloss give what happened up at GC today.
However we are undefeated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:44 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Racked up another early win.
Managed to shut down their defensive rebound.
30 scores.
Cripps, Newman, Acres, Docherty, SOJ and small forwards.
Another good game in the ruck from De Koning. But relatively useless when resting forward. Needs to become a goal a game player.
Liked Fisher's willingness to contribute deep in defence.

Cons:

Inaccuracy. Forward 50 entries.
Even though Harry had a very good opponent, he was poor. Needs to get back among the goals again.
LOB no longer dreads body contact. But doesn't look like he has any idea about how to play forward. Time to give someone else a go as sub, so LOB can play some full games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Sydney peeps - what is going on at the left of screen at that ground? What works are they doing there? Looked really weird

I think they’re building a shrubbery.

Hopefully nobody does a ni…

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:38 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Prep for the Easter show. Expecting a big crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:02 am 
Bruce Doull

robertbb wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
A win on the road ? i will take that every day of the week . Great effort i thought . We controlled large parts of the game without reward . That will come i feel sure . And don't forget , GWS have some highly talented polished footballers who are very clean ball handlers . It was muddy , slushy , and very blustery . Conditions that where very foreign to us . A great effort for mine and something you can build on .

P S ............. Blake Acres was severely hampered with a bung shoulder for most of the game yet battled on to be one of our best . Superb effort under the circumstances . Thats G and D for you . To all you guys singing his praises prior to him coming to us i say great get guys . Far better player than i thought . A ripper . He sought of reminds me of a Shane O" pick of the nineties diamond in the rough type . You know , an Earl , Matty Hogg , Dean Rice type .

The ground is a sh*thole. Olinda-Ferny creek's a better AFL venue.

When I was a kid playing U14's there was an oval on the outskirts of Swan Hill that everyone called "The Cow Paddock", I can't even remember its proper name.
Watching the game on Sat I was reminded of that ground.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:23 am 
Geoff Southby

Wow.....terrible game to watch.
The whole list needs to have a hard look at itself if we want to play finals.
Positives:
1. We got the points.
2. And the game replay should be great to watch with Benny Hill music.

Cons:
1. Hewett was brought back too early, we need to stop doing this to our players.
2. Fisher, I watched a bit of him and he was running around like a chicken without a head, he is not AFL standard. Time to see what Honey has got.
3. Unfortunately, LOB didn't look the part up forward and if we want to make sure this kid 100% fails keep using him as a sub, you can see he is losing more confidence week by week. Either drop him or name him, this half in half out sub rule is no good for any player to remain as, especially one we've already damaged.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Lol Sam Edmund reporting the charge sheet lists Acres as qtr 2, but it happened in qtr 4

It'd be hilarious if it gets thrown out because they've stuffed up again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Lol Sam Edmund reporting the charge sheet lists Acres as qtr 2, but it happened in qtr 4

Michael Christian just saw a Navy Blue jumper and a possible hit from the smother.
He probably had a quick look at the replay, possible the last 5 minutes, looking for a possible Carlton victim and forgot to find out the quarter for his report.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Michael Christian just saw a Navy Blue jumper and a possible hit from the smother.
He probably had a quick look at the replay, possible the last 5 minutes, looking for a possible Carlton victim and forgot to find out the quarter for his report.

I'm shocked he didn't try and offer a Weiters a suspension too. Absolutely nothing in it and would have been the biggest joke ever but it is Michael Christian.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AFLCA

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 Adam Cerra (CARL)
2 Sam Taylor (GWS)
2 Josh Kelly (GWS)
1 Jack Buckley (GWS)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

redback wrote:
jim wrote:
redback wrote:
we didn't win, they lost it
so many issues with this playing group and looks like the coaching staff also

After we kicked 9.20 they certainly didn't lose it.

We are panic merchants.
We don't work as a team and are selfish.
Our skill level is low and have no idea how to punish the opposition.

If you think that we won today you are kidding yourself.
The only reason we got the points is because for all the skill they have they are worse than us.

We kicked 9.20 so I can assure you they didn't lose it. 10 more scoring shots means we well and truly won it, not "they lost it" no matter have average we were. Kick properly at goal and we win by 4-5 goals. We may have had an ordinary day but we were still better.

I can't believe you're serious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GWS wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Sydney peeps - what is going on at the left of screen at that ground? What works are they doing there? Looked really weird

I think they’re building a shrubbery.

Hopefully nobody does a ni…
:lol:
This post deserves more love!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Effes wrote:
AFLCA

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 Adam Cerra (CARL)
2 Sam Taylor (GWS)
2 Josh Kelly (GWS)
1 Jack Buckley (GWS)

Probably would have had Tom Green ahead of Taylor... Otherwise this is close to how I saw it.... Doc's game doesn't seem to get much love here or in the media... who cares.... He's been amazing so far

Go Blues

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:37 am 
Laurie Kerr

Wojee wrote:
When I was a kid playing U14's there was an oval on the outskirts of Swan Hill that everyone called "The Cow Paddock", I can't even remember its proper name.

Are you talking about the ground just past the old cattle sale yards on the opposite side of the road? Your description of the oval in swan hill reminds me of the ground where I played junior cricket for St. Mary's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:08 am 
Bruce Doull

Bluetears wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Are you talking about the ground just past the old cattle sale yards on the opposite side of the road? Your description of the oval in swan hill reminds me of the ground where I played junior cricket for St. Mary's

That's the one!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:54 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 Adam Cerra (CARL)
2 Sam Taylor (GWS)
2 Josh Kelly (GWS)
1 Jack Buckley (GWS)

Probably would have had Tom Green ahead of Taylor... Otherwise this is close to how I saw it.... Doc's game doesn't seem to get much love here or in the media... who cares.... He's been amazing so far

Go Blues

I gave Doc votes despite the clangers from him and Cripps. They didnt stop all game and played a huge part in our win.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:41 pm 
Robert Walls

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 Adam Cerra (CARL)
2 Sam Taylor (GWS)
2 Josh Kelly (GWS)
1 Jack Buckley (GWS)

Go Blues

I gave Doc votes despite the clangers from him and Cripps. They didnt stop all game and played a huge part in our win.

So the clangers didn't stop all game and the clangers played a huge part in our win??? Interesting :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

Can’t question the top 3 in this game.
Cripps was in brownlow form, Dcoc was just great and Newman sensational.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Effes wrote:
AFLCA

Votes
Player (Club)
10 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
8 Nicholas Newman (CARL)
4 Sam Docherty (CARL)
3 Adam Cerra (CARL)
2 Sam Taylor (GWS)
2 Josh Kelly (GWS)
1 Jack Buckley (GWS)

Go Blues

:thumbsup:

And I see Carlton socials are plugging Doc's form... media seem (almost understandably) fixated on the cancer battle

Go Blues

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next