Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

Crusader wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Harry responded to an otherwise fairly underwhelming game again characterised by poor kicking for goal by taking big important marks at the death. We could have lost the game without his efforts late. So well done Harry.

Far out… check the bloke’s GPS.

He’s run harder than anyone bar Hollands.

‘Underwhelming’…

Clueless.

I loved Harrys game. Contested everywhere and brought smalls into game and took marks when needed. Great team game

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Yeah nah….

Harry was pretty bloody good…some of his chase downs
we fantastic…not to mention the obvious last 7 minutes…!

kindest regards tommi

just watched the second half again…and for a quarter had
NO idea who this “Collins” was playing for us….!

at one stage i berated JB…”WHO THE &#@$ IS COLLINS
ya DINGBAT” i yelled…!

the 90’s man…the 90’s…!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:05 am 
Bob Chitty

DocSherrin III wrote:
* The Coach. Second week in a row he's come up against men whom he captained. It might have been 20+ years, but I don't believe you ever lose that competitive egde against former teammates. He's still Voss the Boss.

* Wings. I was such a fan of what I saw last night that I burst into Mull of Kintyre and Junior's Farm. Acres was close to being brilliant and Dutchy is just going to get better. Massive tick.

* Saad. I've got a theory that he plays his best football during Ramadan. Expecting big things vs GWS, North & Adelaide.

* Curnow Bros Inc. It likely won't be every week but I'm enjoying seeing the memories these boys are making. They clearly love playing footy together. I'd like us to be playing Ed when there's a clear run-with match-up. We knew Cripps would be be paid close attention so it was nice to turn the tables somewhat and have Ed perform the role that he did on Guthrie. I'm not convinced there's a role for him vs GWS if George returns.

* Kennedy. 9 Kennedy's have played for the Blues. I was always bitter at losing Josh. I loved Mick in the '87 side. Greg was a very handy forward in the early 70s and was cruelled by injury. Matthew is fast becoming an outstanding Kennedy. Loved his game last night. Sadly Andy, Ted, Jim, Pat and Tom are no longer with us. They are the dead Kennedy's.
Quite a long set-up but worth it for the finish.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:08 am 
Bob Chitty

Heavs wrote:
Apart from all the ones above, I really liked Jack cleaning up the gatorade bottles after their little shower. Shows a real humility.
Charlie joined in and a couple of others.
I saw Jack do it last year.
Class. Character.
(Pity his Dad wasn't there ti see it...)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
* The Coach. Second week in a row he's come up against men whom he captained. It might have been 20+ years, but I don't believe you ever lose that competitive egde against former teammates. He's still Voss the Boss.

* Wings. I was such a fan of what I saw last night that I burst into Mull of Kintyre and Junior's Farm. Acres was close to being brilliant and Dutchy is just going to get better. Massive tick.

* Saad. I've got a theory that he plays his best football during Ramadan. Expecting big things vs GWS, North & Adelaide.

* Curnow Bros Inc. It likely won't be every week but I'm enjoying seeing the memories these boys are making. They clearly love playing footy together. I'd like us to be playing Ed when there's a clear run-with match-up. We knew Cripps would be be paid close attention so it was nice to turn the tables somewhat and have Ed perform the role that he did on Guthrie. I'm not convinced there's a role for him vs GWS if George returns.

* Kennedy. 9 Kennedy's have played for the Blues. I was always bitter at losing Josh. I loved Mick in the '87 side. Greg was a very handy forward in the early 70s and was cruelled by injury. Matthew is fast becoming an outstanding Kennedy. Loved his game last night. Sadly Andy, Ted, Jim, Pat and Tom are no longer with us. They are the dead Kennedy's.

Great post Doc. AGREE WITH IT ALL. Ramadan theory is insighful. The interview post game showed how important Ramadan is to him. Great human being. Love the Dead Kennedy reference. Clever wordsmith. Not surprised.

1. New kids on the block Hollands Cowan are amazing. Hollands is elite...already
2. Charlie and Harry KPF combo for obvious reasons
3. Backline were fantastic. Saad is a freak. AA form
4. Beat the reigning Premier because we applied 4 quarters of high pressure footy.
5. The small forwards Motley Owies Durdin were back to their best.

6. Loved it when TDK showing his displeasure by roughing up his brother Sam when he was on the floor after hitting a Carlton player. Cant recall who Sam hit. Showed me TDK is a Bluebagger through and through, and can see him staying at carlton. Carlton will find a way to pay TDK what he's worth to them....might be a back loaded contract.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:31 am 
Adrian Gallagher

BigGartos wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

Great to see Greg Kennedy get a mention.
I was a real fan of his, and in my opinion he's the best set shot goal kicker I've seen for cfc. His deadly drop punts were like arrows, he could dob them from anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cherry Ripe wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

I was a real fan of his, and in my opinion he's the best set shot goal kicker I've seen for cfc. His deadly drop punts were like arrows, he could dob them from anywhere.

A KPF with a deadly shot at goal. I miss that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:10 am 
Wayne Johnston

bondiblue wrote:
Cherry Ripe wrote:
BigGartos wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:

A KPF with a deadly shot at goal. I miss that.

Ross Ditchburn was pretty good at kicking straight for goals.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

In my memory Brian Kekovich was very good also.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:31 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

dannyboy wrote:

Agree with the above 2 posts also.
Kekovich sort of looked awkward but was pretty much reliable.
Ditchburn was very consistent, rarely missed the ones he should have.
Goes without saying Fev was very very good from long range.

A poll on the worst shots would be interesting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:54 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Cherry Ripe wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I’ll get the party started Richard Dennis lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:34 pm 
Geoff Southby

Memphis Blues wrote:
Cherry Ripe wrote:
dannyboy wrote:

I’ll get the party started Richard Dennis lol

Judd wasn’t flash. Earl pre-1995. Kreuzer after his injury.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:30 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Earl Spalding could slot them over his shoulder from the boundary 55 out but miss from 20 out directly in front. :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:32 pm 
Ken Hands

Sticks wasn't exactly a sure thing, but I definitely wouldn't go so far as to place him on the list of worst set shots. Those helicopter kicks went through the middle half the time. :P

If we're including non-forwards, Robbie Warnock has to be on there, doesn't he?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk