Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Arnhem blues wrote:
Another good game in the 2s for Dow- and good to see his tackles. I reckon as much as I like Ed and as good as he might be, Dow is worth the shot. Dow has more potential, adds speed and is a much better field kick. Ed is back up or a tagger
And having Dow going forward from stoppages is more of a weapon.
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed
Could replace Cowan with plow (who dominated in the 2s) for Toby but Cow doing ok.

I agree with most of that but I would argure to keep Cowan in and see what he can do with Toby. Its a risk yes, but on exposed form I think its fair to say he can at least be competitive on him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

GodisNavyBlue wrote:
For me, it would be a simple swap of Hewett in, LOB out and Ed as sub

I'd make Fisher sub. Walsh coming back is the wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:53 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Arnhem blues wrote:
Dow has more potential, adds speed and is a much better field kick.

Say whaaat? :?
They're both poor field kicks IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:41 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Effes wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
Who makes way for George??

Silvagni?

NO NO NO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:09 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Arnhem blues wrote:
Another good game in the 2s for Dow- and good to see his tackles. I reckon as much as I like Ed and as good as he might be, Dow is worth the shot. Dow has more potential, adds speed and is a much better field kick. Ed is back up or a tagger
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed
Could replace Cowan with plow (who dominated in the 2s) for Toby but Cow doing ok.

Ed gets 26 possessions, shuts down a good player and makes the best players list, at least in the papers. Dow has never got 26 possessions in his life and anyone who thinks that he is a better kick than anyone at the club needs their eyes checked. Sick and tired about hearing about Dow's potential. How many years has he been here and what has he delivered ? Zero !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

I’m resigned to the fact the club will get rid of him. I’ll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

Asp wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed

Ed gets 26 possessions, shuts down a good player and makes the best players list, at least in the papers. Dow has never got 26 possessions in his life and anyone who thinks that he is a better kick than anyone at the club needs their eyes checked. Sick and tired about hearing about Dow's potential. How many years has he been here and what has he delivered ? Zero !

I reckon Ed will be rested during the year at times. If he plays 15 games that is a great effort. His workrate adds to our midfield and will hopefully allow Walsh Cerra Cripps to be more impactful

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:10 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
I’m resigned to the fact the club will get rid of him. I’ll leave it at that.

Poor Dow. He's been written off despite being the most outstanding Blue in the Reserves in last 2 weeks.

Let me say it again. I wrote Dow off in early rounds for last 3 years because of his lack of intensity after he gets rid of the ball. But watching him in the last 2 games in the VFL, all I can say his he's ALDI different: good different. He's been strong at the contest and that burst speed is AFL quality. He handballs a lot more than he kicks, and that brings players into the game. I hope he is selected to play AFL when he's in form. He's in ripper form atm.

He will earn a spot in the AFL if he continues to play in the form he's in right now. he's better than anything Ive seen of him in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:13 am 
Bruce Doull

Aldi….

Choceur Chocolate….goes alright…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed

I reckon Ed will be rested during the year at times. If he plays 15 games that is a great effort. His workrate adds to our midfield and will hopefully allow Walsh Cerra Cripps to be more impactful

Eds great on the inside. That releases Cerra and Walsh to be on the outside and use their smarts to run into space and deliver.....I should add Doc in therte too.

Moo offers more intensity than Plowman. I thought Plow was good, but he didnt dominate his taller opponent in the reserves. He did good things, but did not dominate imo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:32 am 
Ken Hunter

Asp wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed

If we're serious about winning football matches instead of playing the AFL equivalent of Football Manager, we will select Ed over Paddy 100% of the time. Although I wouldn't complain if Paddy got selected once, just so he can fail to impress yet again, and maybe just maybe Talking Dow can be shut down for a couple of months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:40 am 
Bruce Doull

Ya know….

i wanted Dow in the team last week for some
added speed…because i thought we looked
FAR too slow…!

but the truth is…as ol Socrates dude said…all i know is…
i know nothing…!

or as we say…i got no idea…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:51 pm 
formerly BlueRob

I would be very disappointed if they dropped SOS. He is the link man in this team. He generally makes smart decisions and we can't get enough of that. Having said that ... I believe that is what they will do.

My choice would be:

Hewett for O'Brien.
Sub: Fisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
If we're serious about winning football matches instead of playing the AFL equivalent of Football Manager, we will select Ed over Paddy 100% of the time. Although I wouldn't complain if Paddy got selected once, just so he can fail to impress yet again, and maybe just maybe Talking Dow can be shut down for a couple of months.

He has played 63 AFL games, averages 13.6 possesions and doesn't apply much defensive pressure.
There is a reason why no club was interested in him during last year's trade period.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

Humpers wrote:
GreatEx wrote:

He has played 63 AFL games, averages 13.6 possesions and doesn't apply much defensive pressure.
There is a reason why no club was interested in him during last year's trade period.

Opposition teams aren’t stupid. They will get him for nothing, like Setters and Stock.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:14 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Lol when a player can’t get a game in the seniors and is constantly playing reserves, it has nothing to do with oppositions teams being smart, the player literally has little value that’s the way it works

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lol - no it doesn’t.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Memphis Blues wrote:
Lol when a player can’t get a game in the seniors and is constantly playing reserves, it has nothing to do with oppositions teams being smart, the player literally has little value that’s the way it works

Setterfield went alright today… 28 possessions, 9 tackles, 13 CPs & a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:
So for me
In George, Dow
Out Lob, Ed

Eds great on the inside. That releases Cerra and Walsh to be on the outside and use their smarts to run into space and deliver.....I should add Doc in therte too.

Moo offers more intensity than Plowman. I thought Plow was good, but he didnt dominate his taller opponent in the reserves. He did good things, but did not dominate imo.

I feel Plowman has been poorly used. Always gets the job against tough opponent deep in defence in a poor side.

As a junior he was more a running HB/Wing. I have even seen him play well as a HF. He is tough, big bodied and a good kick. With Kemp McGovern & Marchbank as 3rd tall options I would like to see us use Plowman a bit differently. He is also rarely injured

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

17th Premiership wrote:
Memphis Blues wrote:

Setterfield went alright today… 28 possessions, 9 tackles, 13 CPs & a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very very disappointed we let him go.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next