Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:09 am 
Rod Ashman

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Hewitt in and JSOS Sub?

Is JSOS an impact player? I’m not sure he’s the right player to have as sub

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:13 am 
Bruce Doull

Ya know….

I’m not sold on LOB being our sub either…just not the right
player for that purpose…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:46 am 
Ken Hunter

Cerra had his head bandaged up after the game (or late in the game - I only saw it in the post-game photos) not sure what happened/how serious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:57 am 
Craig Bradley

tommi wrote:
Ya know….

I’m not sold on LOB being our sub either…just not the right
player for that purpose…!

kindest regards tommi

:lol: :lol:

Any purpose, really.

I couldn’t help but think of those baseball movies, where the big final game has ebbed and flowed and the manager needs to turn to his bullpen to close out for the win.

There’s no Kenny Powers coming out for us. Nope. We get ol’ Propellerhead O’Brien.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:00 am 
Ken Hunter

I think we have to stay with the 2 rucks and JSos taking Martins spot on the HFF. TDK and Pitto provide a point of difference in their styles. It also means a 3 way rest for Charlie, TDK, Harry to the bench for a spell when required, without using JSos in the ruck.

With Walsh and Hewett back who goes? Lob, Owies, Fisher, Cowan or JSos. Lob for sure and probably Fisher if he doesn't lift these next few games.

I'm not a huge Newman fan but I guess he does his role. He is fairly reliable but I'm looking for 'better' if we are to take the next step. I hope Kemp can come good and grab Newman's spot down the track. I would love to see Kemp and Cowan coming through together down back.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:05 am 
John Nicholls

missnaut wrote:
Cerra had his head bandaged up after the game (or late in the game - I only saw it in the post-game photos) not sure what happened/how serious.

Copped a knock above his right eye when tackling, then a second knock back of the head from behind (geelong player's shin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:45 am 
Rod Ashman

Cazzesman wrote:
I think we have to stay with the 2 rucks and JSos taking Martins spot on the HFF. TDK and Pitto provide a point of difference in their styles. It also means a 3 way rest for Charlie, TDK, Harry to the bench for a spell when required, without using JSos in the ruck.

With Walsh and Hewett back who goes? Lob, Owies, Fisher, Cowan or JSos. Lob for sure and probably Fisher if he doesn't lift these next few games.

I'm not a huge Newman fan but I guess he does his role. He is fairly reliable but I'm looking for 'better' if we are to take the next step. I hope Kemp can come good and grab Newman's spot down the track. I would love to see Kemp and Cowan coming through together down back.

Regards Cazzesman

Who is/are the GWS ruck(s)?
Do we need two against them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:54 am 
Bruce Doull

Preuss is out injured so they went with Matt Flynn against Adelaide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:06 am 
Laurie Kerr

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Just regards Newman we have better but both are injured

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:36 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Memphis Blues wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Just regards Newman we have better but both are injured

Still don't think Newman gets the credit he deserves. Brings a lot to the team. Matches up against bigger guys when need be and can take the smaller types too. I too would love to see Kemp step up, but Newman is a countrly mile ahead of him at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Also on the Durdin v Dow selection, I think we saw last night why Durdin was selected. May not have got a lot of the footy, but he brought heaps of energy and intensity. Two qualities Dow does not have. That goal he kicked, Dow couldn't kick in his wildest dreams. Not sure exactly when Dow's contract was extended for another year, but it is clear the mistake wasn't selecting Durdin over Dow to replace Hewett, but the mistake was extending Dow's contract. Should have been delisted last year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:53 am 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:
Also on the Durdin v Dow selection, I think we saw last night why Durdin was selected. May not have got a lot of the footy, but he brought heaps of energy and intensity. Two qualities Dow does not have. That goal he kicked, Dow couldn't kick in his wildest dreams. Not sure exactly when Dow's contract was extended for another year, but it is clear the mistake wasn't selecting Durdin over Dow to replace Hewett, but the mistake was extending Dow's contract. Should have been delisted last year.

I might be wrong - and happy to be corrected - but I don’t think he was extended last year, I think he simply had another year left on his contract (ie. 2023 is the last season of a multi year contract). We tried to trade him out but when no deal could be made, we decided to see out his contract rather than delist and pay out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

I might be wrong - and happy to be corrected - but I don’t think he was extended last year, I think he simply had another year left on his contract (ie. 2023 is the last season of a multi year contract). We tried to trade him out but when no deal could be made, we decided to see out his contract rather than delist and pay out.

Fair enough if that's the case. I thought I read/heard somewhere that we extended it by a year but if it was the contract he signed at the time, it is what it is. Probably weren't in a position to payout his contract last year. However, barring a remarkable turnaround, his AFL career will likely be over in 6 or so months. I really hope like hell he can prove me wrong though. Yes, I have been a critic for a number of years, but still recognise that he does some real AFL traits that would benefit us if he could somehow get his head screwed on right and discover the intensity levels required.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:03 am 
Robert Walls

Newman is also the organiser down back - it's no suprise we lost close games last year when he was out and the defence lost structure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluechampion wrote:
Newman is also the organiser down back - it's no suprise we lost close games last year when he was out and the defence lost structure.

Yep. Exactly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:05 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I see Kelly and Whitfield are both out injured this week. Are they likely to miss next week too?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

rhino27 wrote:
I see Kelly and Whitfield are both out injured this week. Are they likely to miss next week too?

both concussion - they are likely to be back

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:40 am 
Geoff Southby

Depending on their team and their height, I'd drop Fisher for Hewett and possibly JSOS of LOB.
I agree we can't have LOB as a sub for 3 weeks so he's either in or out, I'd prefer more running power so I hope it's in.
I wrote in the injury thread that I think I seen Ed holding his shoulder late in the game, so I hope he's good to go too.
But we won't know until later next week I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

robertbb wrote:
missnaut wrote:

Copped a knock above his right eye when tackling, then a second knock back of the head from behind (geelong player's shin)
So they'll tell us he's fine and then he'll fail fitness test :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Trap game, simple as that.
If we are a good team we win by at least 4 goals.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next