Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Cognilio getting back to his best. Toby has 2 already and normally does well against us. Tom Green looking good too. Kelly and Whitfield likely back next week. I expect us to win and will be bad loss if we don't, but it's certainly no gimmee.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Getting flogged now GWS

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:52 pm 
Laurie Kerr

SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

So if it was our club looking to fill a need for a player like Dow doing well in the twos for another club what would you expect our club to pay in terms of picks ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Memphis Blues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

So if it was our club looking to fill a need for a player like Dow doing well in the twos for another club what would you expect our club to pay in terms of picks ?

We MAY get a late fourth rounder but I doubt we will get anything

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:52 pm 
Ken Hunter

Memphis Blues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

Usually a player that does that well in the VFL and has x amount of experience and was a top 10 pick - they have been traded for around a low 3rd rounder.
I think his more valuable to us but I'm answering. Setterfield was for a token pick change - disgraceful trade and Stocker was delisted - embarrasing. Just to add.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:
Memphis Blues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

Usually a player that does that well in the VFL and has x amount of experience and was a top 10 pick - they have been traded for around a low 3rd rounder.
I think his more valuable to us but I'm answering. Setterfield was for a token pick change - disgraceful trade and Stocker was delisted - embarrasing. Just to add.

How would you have handled it differently Surrey?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:55 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Memphis Blues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

How would you have handled it differently Surrey?

"I reckon three first rounders would have been about right..."

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:
Memphis Blues wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Lol - no it doesn’t.

Neither would have featured in our first two games. Nor any others for the year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

Folks
There are no gimmy games in the AFL these days
Anyone that turns up 95% primed against any opposition 100% primed will lose
Over the course of the 22 matches plus finals the best team invariably takes the title
But it’s impossible to be humanly 100% primed every game
And due to better coaching, conditioning, recovery program’s facilities etc the competition becomes more even with every year
So to assume that losing to GWS on Saturday is a bad loss is a statement from someone who lives in the past
Geelong were terrible Thursday night
They were not switched on
GWS arnt a bad side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Folks
Over the course of the 22 matches plus finals the best team invariably takes the title
And due to better coaching, conditioning, recovery program’s facilities etc the competition becomes more even with every year
So to assume that losing to GWS on Saturday is a bad loss is a statement from someone who lives in the past
GWS arnt a bad side

Agree with the sentiment of your post and the need to be switched on against every team.

However, disagree that Geelong were terrible. Cameron demonstrated why he is the best team in the comp, they had
more clearances and inside 50’s. And I thought there were passages in the first 2 qtrs they were very tough, clear they had that Scott ruthlessness about them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

For the best player in the comp to have his best game and still lose speaks volumes for the other 21 blokes
Lloyd pointed it out my on the AFL app this morning
Their midfield was putrid
Crap defensively
De Koning( Sam) had a stinker
Hawkins shouldn’t be playing at all
Dangerfield as captain has shown zero leadership
Stengle has gone back to his Adelaide days and needs to call up Eddie for some advice
Want me to keep going

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

london blue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Folks
GWS arnt a bad side

Agree with the sentiment of your post and the need to be switched on against every team.

However, disagree that Geelong were terrible.

Well obviously they were terrible. It couldn't be because we pressured them into playing poor football.
That would mean Keogh would have to admit that we have a good team! And that's not going to happen.
Boo Geelong! You suck!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

They were pretty shit at times. Fisher being all by himself in a fwd pocket in the 3rd just did not look like the Geelong of the last few years

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:17 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
Folks
GWS arnt a bad side

So youre not giving any credit for the win and we haven't improved at all this year.

I was at the game, and watched the replay several times. Big difference between the two.
You didnt notice the contest between 2 rivals on TV? It was hard and tough footy. They were bigger and better in a lot of facets of the game.

Geelong were not terrible. Far from it.
Not switched on. Pharrque, is that what you saw on TV. They were on alright, and we changed tact during the first quarter.
Cats fans told me we have come along way because they were pretty good.

Geelong are recognised as having 34 players who can play AFL, and had 3 missing. We have 26 players who can play AFL and 4-5 missing, if you count Boyd (who is in most best 22 preseason)
Cats are a well drilled team. A machine.
Some of the stuff they do reminds me of Effendopes in 2000.
Cats have been up for 20 years.
They are conditioned in their early years, built for senior footy and made to wait their turn, and the players don't lose ability over night. Thery have been training for months.

We took risks leaving opponents behind to create an extra at a lot of contests. Hold your breath stuff. This required good timing, a level of risk, halving the contest, and a team effort.

Last year Harry lowered his colours to Sam by staying at home. This year Harry led up the ground like Cameron as an outlet player, and like Young couldnt/didn't go with Cameron, Sam couldnt/ didnt go with Harry. Last year, Ed didnt play, and we had 9 on the injury list, so you cant compare last year with this year.

Credit where credit is due.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
For the best player in the comp to have his best game and still lose speaks volumes for the other 21 blokes
Lloyd pointed it out my on the AFL app this morning
Their midfield was putrid
Crap defensively
De Koning( Sam) had a stinker
Hawkins shouldn’t be playing at all
Dangerfield as captain has shown zero leadership
Stengle has gone back to his Adelaide days and needs to call up Eddie for some advice
Want me to keep going

You play 18 vs 18
We beat them fair and square.
Is Lloydy as negative about Carlton's win as you? I dont think so. He's given credit where credit is due.
Selwood is yesteryear. Get with the program.

You couldnt see it on TV but Stengle was defended very closely and wasn't given much room to do his thing. That's what happens when good disciplined defence is applied. How about a clap for Moo Cowan ...I'll do it for you :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
They were pretty shit at times. Fisher being all by himself in a fwd pocket in the 3rd just did not look like the Geelong of the last few years

Goes to show how much they fear Fisher.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

As I have said to you guys before I ain’t as emotionally invested in the CFC like when I was younger.
Doesn’t mean I don’t support them.
Just with a lighter heart.
I’ll give credit to the team when they make finals
If they don’t we are still average compared to the rest of the comp
In fact finishing 7 th or 8 th is average as well

It’s a long season
In fact if you look at the same time last year we were play better footy
And we all know what happened.
It’s a long year and teams will go through bad patches
Like we will
Two concerns from me
We still move the ball way too slow and too many long bombs
We have virtually no depth so if we get more injuries we are in serious trouble
When Plowman Dow and O’ Brien are your best in the magoos that shows a lack of depth
I like Carroll. He has skill and awareness but he seems a tad soft
Kemp from report’s hasn’t progressed

The important thing is that if we don’t make the eight this year we don’t sack Voss and as a result turn the place upside down yet again for the 7 th or 8 th time.
Give him his 3 years and see where we are at in 2024

The site is fairly boring these days
But I still love coming on here once in a while and indulge in giving you the alternative view plus the shits :wink:
Synbad and a few others gave the non rose coloured I’ll will look at with realism point of view
Sadly missed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Agree with our lack of depth. Seriously, who in the Magoos would you really want in the team? Maybe Carroll as he has shown something and is young, and Marchbank on the odd occasion he is fit. Injuries will hurt if we get them.

Thank god our drafting and trading has improved under Austin.

Durdin, Carroll, Saad (2 out of 3, with jury out on Carroll)
Cerra, Hewitt, Motlop, Young (unequivocal 4 from 4)
Acres, Holland, Binns, Cowan, Lemmey (3 from 3, with jury out on 2)

That's almost half the team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
Folks
GWS arnt a bad side

I get what you’re saying but still think we need to beat GWS (and basically need to win 3 or 4 of the next 5 matches).
The improvement this year has been in our ability to slow the game down which we couldn’t do last year. We did well with the hard, forward game early last year until teams shut that down and we didn’t have much else in the kit bag.
This year, maybe we do.
But the big change needs to be that we can apply ourselves for longer and more often. Last year we would show up quite well mentally against the better teams, but then drop to that 95% or less against some of the more mediocre teams, or when we’d built up a good lead.
This year, we need to Frank the wins against good teams, with wins against the more mediocre teams (and ram home a big win if/when the opportunity presents).
That is why beating GWS is important. I agree that GWS aren’t a bad side and Adelaide is going to be more challenging than it may at first appear. But we need to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
As I have said to you guys before I ain’t as emotionally invested in the CFC like when I was younger.
Doesn’t mean I don’t support them.
Just with a lighter heart.
I’ll give credit to the team when they make finals
If they don’t we are still average compared to the rest of the comp
In fact finishing 7 th or 8 th is average as well

It’s a long season
In fact if you look at the same time last year we were play better footy
And we all know what happened.
It’s a long year and teams will go through bad patches
Like we will
Two concerns from me
We still move the ball way too slow and too many long bombs
We have virtually no depth so if we get more injuries we are in serious trouble
When Plowman Dow and O’ Brien are your best in the magoos that shows a lack of depth
I like Carroll. He has skill and awareness but he seems a tad soft
Kemp from report’s hasn’t progressed

The important thing is that if we don’t make the eight this year we don’t sack Voss and as a result turn the place upside down yet again for the 7 th or 8 th time.
Give him his 3 years and see where we are at in 2024

The site is fairly boring these days
But I still love coming on here once in a while and indulge in giving you the alternative view plus the shits :wink:
Synbad and a few others gave the non rose coloured I’ll will look at with realism point of view
Sadly missed

A bet each way

and Synbad was intersted in the club politics and elections taking place. He backed an alternative ticket...oh and he did talk footy...he thought Cripps was a bad pick because he had a big arse.

and now, youre calling yourself THE realist.

Here's the reality: There's some things you post are good and appropriate, but most of your posts are extreme with such bias, it becomes undigestible.

Yes its great to have alternative opinion, and honestly, I love it because despite its not Aldi different, and Bad different your posts add a bit of flavour, and fun, and stupidity and food for thought, but to call it realistic....keogh, I dont see you as a narcissist and look forward to meeting you out west one day, and I will, but you start to sound a bit narcissistic. Youre just another member of the family at TC: Dennis the Menace like....nah worse. No need to change, but you are not convincing me that easily commenting from your couch. :thumbsup:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next