Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:41 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
tommi wrote:
are you worried about TDK doing the rucking all
night against the Cats rucks…?

i am…!

Is Pitto still an emergency? I'm losing track

Could he be a late in?
He is an emergency (along with LOB, Honey and Plowman) so could be a late in.

I can only assume he isn't fully match fit? He played VFL last week.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Well….

lets hope the Gee drains nicely…there’s another
little front coming…hopefully it drifts off…!

kindest regards tommi

what about this weather….!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 am 
Bruce Doull

We have to play Pitto surely. Geelong are ridiculously strong in the ruck. We can't have TDK try to do it all against 4 Cats ruck options.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:57 am 
Bob Chitty

I don't think Dow is a pressure forward.
So hopefully they are reprogramming him in the 2nds to be a confident and decisive midfielder.
Would like to see Pitto in.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:12 am 
Geoff Southby

Not sure what to think with our team selections this week, I feel we are rehashing 2022 team selections.
Hewett out for injury again and only 1 change to cover the injury, very uninspiring.
I was kind of hoping we'd show a bit more bravado this season by rewarding and dropping players based on game performance and needs a little more.
Maybe Voss and Co. are trying to show trust and loyalty to players by not dropping them or they are experimenting these first two rounds as they have marked them down as losses.
Either way, I can't really say I'm excited to watch the game tonight, I feel like it may be a train wreck about to unfold.
Which sucks as I really hate these flogs and want to bury them.
Flat as.......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Sidefx wrote:
Not sure what to think with our team selections this week, I feel we are rehashing 2022 team selections.
Hewett out for injury again and only 1 change to cover the injury, very uninspiring.
I was kind of hoping we'd show a bit more bravado this season by rewarding and dropping players based on game performance and needs a little more.
Maybe Voss and Co. are trying to show trust and loyalty to players by not dropping them or they are experimenting these first two rounds as they have marked them down as losses.
Either way, I can't really say I'm excited to watch the game tonight, I feel like it may be a train wreck about to unfold.
Flat as.......

I’d be more concerned if there were several changes after a round 1 draw.
If you pick your best 23 in round 1 and reward pre-season performance, I think you owe it to those players to give them more than 1 game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:38 am 
Ken Hunter

cecil89 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Flat as.......

If you pick your best 23 in round 1 and reward pre-season performance, I think you owe it to those players to give them more than 1 game.
I have been thinking and I agree, we all complain about players getting dropped just because of one below par game and perhaps they want a bit of consistency as opposed to one good VFL game.

Having said that... Get Pitto in FFS :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:50 am 
Geoff Southby

missnaut wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Flat as.......

I have been thinking and I agree, we all complain about players getting dropped just because of one below par game and perhaps they want a bit of consistency as opposed to one good VFL game.

I don't disagree, but you'd have to agree that the Cats are a different team to Bitchmond so you'd expect a few more changes based on team needs at least.
And why bring in a small forward to replace an inside mid?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 am 
Harry Vallence

How good is the drainage at the MCG?

Does it favour talls again, or is it just superficial and the ground remains soft and less suited for bringing Pitto in?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:25 am 
Bert Deacon

cecil89 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Flat as.......

Well, exactly. It's standard practice to put faith in the opening game players, who, as you said, were chosen on pre-season performance. Plus we haven't got that many ready to go players waiting in the wings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:28 am 
Bert Deacon

Sidefx wrote:
missnaut wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
Flat as.......

I don't disagree, but you'd have to agree that the Cats are a different team to Bitchmond so you'd expect a few more changes based on team needs at least.
And why bring in a small forward to replace an inside mid?

We didn't have an inside mid slow enough...or maybe we need a bit more speed on the game and that includes against Geelong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:56 am 
Bert Deacon

CK95 wrote:
We have to play Pitto surely. Geelong are ridiculously strong in the ruck. We can't have TDK try to do it all against 4 Cats ruck options.

Why?? Geelong rucks got their pants pulled down by the Collingwood rucks. Partnered with ex-Saints ruck "Sometimes" Stanley, the monster wingman Blicavs got 5 hitouts. The other two ruckman of your four were Hawkins (4 ho) and Noone (0 ho). Of the nine winners last week (if you include us as a winner) only two teams won the ruck and some of the others got flogged.

I don't know why everyone wants PItto back. Don't you think the team's slow enough? I suppose he could come in for Martin but they may wait until some of our runners are back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:14 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Traveller86 wrote:
How good is the drainage at the MCG?

Does it favour talls again, or is it just superficial and the ground remains soft and less suited for bringing Pitto in?

Either way us fans will likely be drained by the end of the game

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:26 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

CK95 wrote:
I just had a cherry ripe too tommi

I didn't feel a thing !!!!!
Ooh la la.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Dow should be playing this week
I agree with BV to a point that because his performance in the senior praccy games was that bad he should play VFL for an extended period
Things is we extended his contract by one year(2023) we have been treading water with this guy for so long and he is only a mid
Nothing else
With Hewett out he simply has to play given his match fitness over Durdin
These sort of selections can have a large impact on moral
To play Durdin over Dow in these scenarios is simply unfair on Dow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Cherry Ripe wrote:
CK95 wrote:
I just had a cherry ripe too tommi

I didn't feel a thing !!!!!
Ooh la la.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

billy_bongo wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Why?? Geelong rucks got their pants pulled down by the Collingwood rucks. Partnered with ex-Saints ruck "Sometimes" Stanley, the monster wingman Blicavs got 5 hitouts. The other two ruckman of your four were Hawkins (4 ho) and Noone (0 ho). Of the nine winners last week (if you include us as a winner) only two teams won the ruck and some of the others got flogged.

I don't know why everyone wants PItto back. Don't you think the team's slow enough? I suppose he could come in for Martin but they may wait until some of our runners are back.

Fair enough. Makes me feel a bit better. I still think we played our best in the first couple of months of last year when Pitto was in form though.

btw ratugolea can take ruck for them in defence if they want. He was the Noone (0 ho) I was referring to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
I agree with BV to a point that because his performance in the senior praccy games was that bad he should play VFL for an extended period
Things is we extended his contract by one year(2023) we have been treading water with this guy for so long and he is only a mid
Nothing else

Bang on!! On all of it Keogh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:54 pm 
Wayne Johnston

london blue wrote:
keogh wrote:
Nothing else

Bang on!! On all of it Keogh

Bang x 2!

Why bother extending his contract if we never play him?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

He was contracted for 2023 before trade period 2022. We didnt specifically extend Dow for a year.

He won't make it unfortunately. Well, not with us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next