Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

All the TV talk... was it just me or did channel 7 zoom in unnecessarily much more than before?

It was so annoying all match, terrible angles, terrible timing of zooming in, zooming in way too far.

Does make it hard to watch for us peanuts.

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mickstar wrote:
tommi wrote:
Navy One wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this but I thought it was a bit (I'll keep it to a bit) piss poor .....

SOS no show at son's 100th

Hopefully you can all read it. If not let me know.

Hey Navy 1….

some discussion about that in the Jack SOS threat…!

typical Steve if you ask me…sook act…!

no time for that behaviour…!

kindest regards tommi

I " m sayin ' nothin' till i hear Steves side of the story .

Twice Micksta….

the Club asked SOS twice if he’d like to join his son
on his 100th game…!

you know…seeing as Serge couldn’t represent…but
for…”dad” not to be there…after being asked twice…
not good enough…!

the player is not bigger than the club…!

even an ex player…!

especially a club that’s been MORE than good to his
family…!

he’s acting like the divorced dad who won’t get out
if the car when dropping the kids back off…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:59 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

tommi wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
tommi wrote:
Navy One wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this but I thought it was a bit (I'll keep it to a bit) piss poor .....

SOS no show at son's 100th

Hopefully you can all read it. If not let me know.

Hey Navy 1….

some discussion about that in the Jack SOS threat…!

typical Steve if you ask me…sook act…!

no time for that behaviour…!

kindest regards tommi

I " m sayin ' nothin' till i hear Steves side of the story .

Twice Micksta….

the Club asked SOS twice if he’d like to join his son
on his 100th game…!

you know…seeing as Serge couldn’t represent…but
for…”dad” not to be there…after being asked twice…
not good enough…!

the player is not bigger than the club…!

even an ex player…!

especially a club that’s been MORE than good to his
family…!

he’s acting like the divorced dad who won’t get out
if the car when dropping the kids back off…!

kindest regards tommi

Unfortunately it’s always been about SOS - probably what made him an absolute champion player - but he won’t make the AFL Team of the Century for Good Blokes.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

SOS….

i have a recurring nightmare…where I’m doing
stand up to a room full of SOS’s…!

my BEST stuff…!

not a teehee…not a single ha…it’s horrible maaaan…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:24 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Dunno about you Sue but i reckon Muse hit the nail on the head . We made 'em uncomfortable . Better days ahead . Onward and upward , but gradually . Second half of the season is when it will all come together .

Mick I just reckon it was a scrappy game that could have gone either way - and ultimately went neither way!

A draw is a bit hard to process, especially given we had our noses in front for most of the game, but I like to think that if we bring that defensive intent every week we’ll win more than we’ll lose. The synergy should improve if we can keep a fairly stable group together. Minimal injuries would be very helpful with that.

Several individual players need to lift, a fit Walsh would be handy, and we need to find the right mix of personnel in attack - but I think the main thing is to get the entire group to truly ‘gel’ as a team. As you say, that might be a very gradual process.

I almost feel like round 1 was just a very big practice match and the season starts next week…

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

He’s just a man-child. The world revolves around him or he’s not interested. Jack, his mum and his grandma should be filthy on SOS.

I hope SOS’s mum paid out on him for disrespecting his father, Jack, his family and the Club that has given him absolutely everything in life.

Pathetic…………..to tired…………..#$&* spare me. Poor didums :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thank you for your service Mr Cee…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

We desperately need a mid/small forward that can kick multiple goals, Martin, SOS, Owies, Fisher etc just don't kick enough goals. We cant rely on Charlie and Harry to always kick a winning score. We need another forward able to kick 30+ goals a year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Maybe Dorotich & Jo Pearson were in the car with him?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
Maybe Dorotich & Jo Pearson were in the car with him?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
Mick I just reckon it was a scrappy game that could have gone either way - and ultimately went neither way!

It was slow and methodical and quite frankly, really really boring. Charlie, blacres, Kennedy and McGovern all had cobwebs it seems. I was disappointed that we didn’t have any smalls at the feet of our big men. As I’ve said I can’t put my finger on it, nor can I explain what we are actually doing all I know is we held it up, and Richmond had no Rythm whatsoever.

All us supporters, and many commentators were lamenting the fact that we allow our opposition bursts of 5-6 goals. We were also applauding Geelong for starting slow and building up for the important part of the season. Last nights game showed me that we are working on these areas. It felt like Freo under Lyon, however I’m sure last night is nowhere near where we need to be, and is just a symptom of change.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
Not everything that fails to come off is a stuff up. I think LOB did what he was brought on the ground to do - gain territory and break through a line with fresh legs. He didn’t have half an hour to make a decision. It didn’t work out, but I don’t have a problem with what he did. And Voss didn’t seem unhappy with him at all when it was mentioned in the presser.

“As a said earlier, if we are going to obsess over mistakes in the last minute - look no further than Weitering (who I love) and Acres. I’m sure they would like to have their time again.

For those watching at home….

Carlton’s substitute Lochie O’Brien had the ball in his hands in space going forward, with behind the ground vision showing key forward Harry McKay in acres of space inside 50.

However, O’Brien bounced the footy, with the ball not quite coming back to him, delaying his kick inside 50 and allowing three Richmond defenders to get to McKay, who then slipped over himself.

“He was about 80m clear, Harry,” King told SEN Breakfast.

“There are three security guards on the fence. They were his closest combatants.

“It’s one thing to teach, it’s another thing to learn. Lochie O’Brien had no idea what he was doing late in the game. No idea. ‘Dumb players get you sacked’ is a Robert Walls-ism. He would’ve been furious this morning.”

If O’Brien had kicked the footy when he should have instead of holding onto it (which was obvious to everyone at the ground and on the ground except O’Brien!!!), Harry would have had enough time to fall over 3 times and still get the footy to ice the game!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Unleeeess….

O’Brien was planning on running into the
5o metre arc…and then around the defenders and
into an open goal…!

that’s what it looked like to me…!

but Harry had the audacity to lead to the pocket…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ColourMan wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Not everything that fails to come off is a stuff up. I think LOB did what he was brought on the ground to do - gain territory and break through a line with fresh legs. He didn’t have half an hour to make a decision. It didn’t work out, but I don’t have a problem with what he did. And Voss didn’t seem unhappy with him at all when it was mentioned in the presser.

“As a said earlier, if we are going to obsess over mistakes in the last minute - look no further than Weitering (who I love) and Acres. I’m sure they would like to have their time again.

Carlton’s substitute Lochie O’Brien had the ball in his hands in space going forward, with behind the ground vision showing key forward Harry McKay in acres of space inside 50.

However, O’Brien bounced the footy, with the ball not quite coming back to him, delaying his kick inside 50 and allowing three Richmond defenders to get to McKay, who then slipped over himself.

“There are three security guards on the fence. They were his closest combatants.

“It’s one thing to teach, it’s another thing to learn. Lochie O’Brien had no idea what he was doing late in the game. No idea. ‘Dumb players get you sacked’ is a Robert Walls-ism. He would’ve been furious this morning.”

If O’Brien had kicked the footy when he should have instead of holding onto it (which was obvious to everyone at the ground and on the ground except O’Brien!!!), Harry would have had enough time to fall over 3 times and still get the footy to ice the game!!!

It was quite funny discussing this with all my Carlton friends/colleagues etc, all those watching at home said it was a great pass and McKay shouldn’t have slipped over and those at the game said Obrien had no awareness and should have kicked it much earlier.

I’m buying the opinion of those who were at the game.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

AGRO wrote:
ColourMan wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

It was quite funny discussing this with all my Carlton friends/colleagues etc, all those watching at home said it was a great pass and McKay shouldn’t have slipped over and those at the game said Obrien had no awareness and should have kicked it much earlier.

I’m buying the opinion of those who were at the game.

I was at the game and it would have been a miracle kick to get it to McKay the first time. The kick he did do was perfect but McKay slipped over. If he hadn't we probably would have one

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:49 am 
John James

So it's settled.

If the TV rights can be sold to an outfit that knows how to show the actual game properly, we could all agree who's at fault and get on with our lives.

Channel 7 is the reason we lost.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:14 am 
Geoff Southby

Fenwick Snap wrote:
So it's settled.

If the TV rights can be sold to an outfit that knows how to show the actual game properly, we could all agree who's at fault and get on with our lives.

Channel 7 is the reason we lost.

Nah , Joe the cameraman .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:37 am 
Rod Ashman

Whilst the points made about bombing it on top of the forwards are true, I think there are 3 reasons, one of which is hardly mentioned.
The two reasons mentioned is that we slowed the transition down on purpose which was good but that gave the Tigers the time to man up in defence. And then, our boys took the easy option to just bomb it in.
But, the forwards need to be in perpetual (& coordinated) movement which creates the opportunity for a lead and for space. Mostly, when we bomb it in, the whole team looking forward are stationary. That is the problem, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Interested to see how the dogs do it tonight. Going in with Naughton, Ugle-hahan, Darcy and Lobb.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:38 am 
Ken Hunter

Question, If O’Brien’s bounces have given 3 or 4 Bitchmond players time to get back and contest, why didn’t our players?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next