Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:40 am 
Rod Ashman

Will you drop fisher this week and give Dow an opportunity after his outstanding ressies game?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:08 am 
Harry Vallence

london blue wrote:
Will you drop fisher this week and give Dow an opportunity after his outstanding ressies game?

I don't see what there is to lose by doing this, even if you play Dow out of position at half forward and he runs around and doesn't touch it for 4 quarters.

At least Dow can go into a stoppage and might be able to provide some burst.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hornet wrote:
What the @#$%&! did you work on during the pre season?

I think we would all like to know that. Seems like nothing has changed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:

I actually think Voss answered this one after the game last night. He said something to the effect of “we would have lost that game by 6 goals last year…” So he obviously saw an improvement in our ability to stop the opposition scoring a run of goals and our ability to stay in a game even when it’s not being played on our terms.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:53 am 
Geoff Southby

What areas of improvement are the focus for Carroll in 2023?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:19 am 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:

I actually think Voss answered this one after the game last night. He said something to the effect of “we would have lost that game by 6 goals last year…” So he obviously saw an improvement in our ability to stop the opposition scoring a run of goals and our ability to stay in a game even when it’s not being played on our terms.

That doesn’t instill me with confidence. We need to be better than that. A defensive mindset only gets you so far. Need to find a better balance between offence and defence. Our slow ball movement may keep us competitive but won’t win you flags. It’s only early in the year so let’s hope we keep our better players on the park and show some real improvement this year.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

WOW wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:

That doesn’t instill me with confidence. We need to be better than that. A defensive mindset only gets you so far. Need to find a better balance between offence and defence. Our slow ball movement may keep us competitive but won’t win you flags. It’s only early in the year so let’s hope we keep our better players on the park and show some real improvement this year.

Agree with this. I also don't like the "power off' sign being held up with so long left in each quarter. Reminds me of the hold the ball up in the air in the Ratten era. Tells the opposition we've essentially chucked it in for the quarter and have little intention of doing anything. They turn up the heat, keep it in their forward 50 and our backs can only hold on for so long.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
kezza wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Agree

He taught the boys when it’s time to flood, and it worked just as it did since Wallace introduced the super flood vs Effendope in 2000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Why don’t we rotate more players through the centre square? Would it help the likes of Fisher, Martin, Motlop and C. Durdin to get into the game if they were part of the rotation? Especially when we’re not dominating the clearances and need to mix things up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:04 pm 
Robert Walls

Do you have faith in implementing an innovative and sustainable game plan that goes beyond all the "contested ball" rah rah"

Also, why did you drop Dow after the Coll game last year? Surely he was not the worst and surely you could have wrapped your arms around him and given him another chance (just like Fisher's X50 chances)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:08 pm 
John Nicholls

99prelim wrote:
Do you have faith in implementing an innovative and sustainable game plan that goes beyond all the "contested ball" rah rah"

Also, why did you drop Dow after the Coll game last year? Surely he was not the worst and surely you could have wrapped your arms around him and given him another chance (just like Fisher's X50 chances)

Dow and Fisher play different roles?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:57 am 
Bruce Doull

Dear Micheal….

why have we adopted the stand 5m back from
the mark play…?

surely all this is doing is giving away extra
metres to the opposition…?

please can we just man the mark…and make them
try and kick over someone…the umps are calling
play on rather quickly these days…and we’re
already 5m further away to run in…!

i don’t like it…i don’t like it a LOT…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:01 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Why the subtle shift in external messaging? Have you lost belief that we can deliver against expectations?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm 
Robert Walls

robertbb wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Fisher is a mid/small fwd

Dow is a mid who can spend time inside f50 as (forward)-mid around contests and a crumbing mid to the tall timber (in the same way as when you rove to a ruckman) when the ball is sent I50

Fisher has done SFA for most of his career

Dow hasn't done much either EXCEPT Dow isn't afforded the same block of games as Fisher

I'm neither a Dow apologist nor am I a Fisher basher. I am however firmly of the belief that sometimes you give players a block of games...Dow doesn't get that. Fisher and Owies do

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Around 10 or 12 of your players (ie. roughly a quarter of the playing list) are unavailable in round 3 due to injury, and half of those are foot or calf injuries. As senior coach, do you feel sufficiently supported by our high performance staff?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

robertbb wrote:
99prelim wrote:

What role is Fisher playing when he drifts out of the game for loooooong periods? Passenger is not a position we need to fill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 pm 
Craig Bradley

How do opposition teams score so many goals from Carlton forward 50 entries?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:55 pm 
formerly Fevola

What he sees in Obrien.
How can he get Fisher into the game more, as he is quality when he has it but doesn’t have it enough.
Why we have trouble at the kick ins and the opposition waltz out so easily.
Why we look so flat the week after we have a good win.
Why we have so many injuries.

And the list goes on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next