Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

I'll open the batting.
I predict we'll be at least as good as last year.
I think and hope we''ll be 8 wins 2 losses.

GO BLUES!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm going to say 6/4 after 10 but we'll do far better in the 2nd part of the season than we did last year and finish with 14 or 15 wins.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Apparently our hardest pre-season ever . Its not an accident . Its for a reason . Its to hold us in good stead for the second half of the season . No fadeouts this year . Its all part of a cunning plan .................. i reckon we will go five and five and have the media in a frenzy baying for blood . And thats when we will start getting players back and starting to build momentum and finish in sixth position in the eight . Finishing sixth is a perfect position for a side that hasn't seen action for a few years . Not to high for unrealistic expectations , and not to low giving us a copout if we bomb .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

8 wins 2 losses

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'll take 6-6 after round 12, our first half of the fixture is tough.

So i'll say 5-5.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mickstar wrote:
Apparently our hardest pre-season ever . Its not an accident . Its for a reason . Its to hold us in good stead for the second half of the season . No fadeouts this year . Its all part of a cunning plan .................. i reckon we will go five and five and have the media in a frenzy baying for blood . And thats when we will start getting players back and starting to build momentum and finish in sixth position in the eight . Finishing sixth is a perfect position for a side that hasn't seen action for a few years . Not to high for unrealistic expectations , and not to low giving us a copout if we bomb .

^
This

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:30 pm 
Robert Walls

6 wins, after what I saw in the practice game vs the swans

Thought Buckley said it well on SEN

Carlton have work to do

Buckley: “Carlton have work to do.”

“I was quoted as saying they might not make it (finals). It’s not run and won and it’s not something I’d expect to be a fait accompli.

“(Assistant coach) Ash Hansen had this to say about the Blues last practice match (against Sydney).”

Hanson: “We got beaten at the contested ball, we base our game around contest which I think most AFL teams do … it was a reality check tonight especially early around the ball with clearance numbers.”

Buckley: “They didn’t have Patrick Cripps, who is their contested ball leader, their heart and their soul and he’s dragged them over the line a couple of times.

“They didn’t have Sam Walsh, who eventually will come back into the side and he’s one of the best transition runners in the competition.

“But they cannot just roll into this season and assume improvement and assume they’ll go from ninth to into the finals.

“It’s the hardest position to make up, between ninth and eighth at the end of the year on the ladder.

“Their top end is elite, their clearance work into the forward area when they get that game going is nearly unbeatable. Their Plan A and the best of their best is as good as any team in the competition, but their transition efficiency needs work.

“When they don’t have their A-game going and you need to grind it out, I’m not sure how they hold up effectively and efficiently with momentum against them.

“I think the whack on top of this is the psychological challenge, and Vossy has spoken about this, they’re trying to stay in the moment and not get ahead of themselves.

“Saying that is the right attitude, doing it is harder than the words that you need to caution against it.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

Sydney Blue wrote:

Bo Derek came to kind when I started this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

5-5 with losses to Richmond, Geelong, Adelaide, Brisbane and Collingwood. Wins against GWS, NM, StK, WCE and WB. I have us finishing 6th at 15-8.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:51 pm 
Geoff Southby

london blue wrote:

Carlton have work to do

“I was quoted as saying they might not make it (finals). It’s not run and won and it’s not something I’d expect to be a fait accompli.

“(Assistant coach) Ash Hansen had this to say about the Blues last practice match (against Sydney).”

Hanson: “We got beaten at the contested ball, we base our game around contest which I think most AFL teams do … it was a reality check tonight especially early around the ball with clearance numbers.”

Buckley: “They didn’t have Patrick Cripps, who is their contested ball leader, their heart and their soul and he’s dragged them over the line a couple of times.

“They didn’t have Sam Walsh, who eventually will come back into the side and he’s one of the best transition runners in the competition.

But they cannot just roll into this season and assume improvement and assume they’ll go from ninth to into the finals.

“It’s the hardest position to make up, between ninth and eighth at the end of the year on the ladder.

“Their top end is elite, their clearance work into the forward area when they get that game going is nearly unbeatable. Their Plan A and the best of their best is as good as any team in the competition, but their transition efficiency needs work.

“When they don’t have their A-game going and you need to grind it out, I’m not sure how they hold up effectively and efficiently with momentum against them.

“I think the whack on top of this is the psychological challenge
, and Vossy has spoken about this, they’re trying to stay in the moment and not get ahead of themselves.

“Saying that is the right attitude, doing it is harder than the words that you need to caution against it.”

I think Buckley has summed it up very well here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

5-5 or 6-4.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:35 pm 
John Nicholls

DocSherrin III wrote:
5-5 with losses to Richmond, Geelong, Adelaide, Brisbane and Collingwood. Wins against GWS, NM, StK, WCE and WB. I have us finishing 6th at 15-8.

Got tickets to Gather Round, bloody hope we can knock the Crows off over there. Boys should be out for revenge after last year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

I will say 5-5.
Hopefully have a better second half to the year this time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

5 or 6

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:07 pm 
Robert Walls

aboynamedsue wrote:
london blue wrote:

Carlton have work to do

But they cannot just roll into this season and assume improvement and assume they’ll go from ninth to into the finals.

, and Vossy has spoken about this, they’re trying to stay in the moment and not get ahead of themselves.

That’s what stood out for me too ABNS…..transition work needs continued work based on what we saw last Friday

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:29 pm 
Bob Chitty

london blue wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
london blue wrote:

Carlton have work to do

That’s what stood out for me too ABNS…..transition work needs continued work based on what we saw last Friday

agree, i think he summed up our issues from last year, and its for this season to see if we have addressed those issues or not. Against the pies i was reasonable happy, abit dissappointed against the swans .. if not concerned .. but they are only pre-season games.

i think our injuries will also play a huge part in being able to play our best for longer. get that right, and it should be finals.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin III wrote:

I think 7 - 3 as I am confident of the wins stated by Doc plus beating Adelaide and Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:27 am 
Ken Hunter

4-6. Too many injuries, yet again. Hopeful we can get the squad ready for the second half but history isn't our friend.