Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
tommi wrote:
It’s ok….

not great to watch…but licka paint here…licka paint
there…we should be alright i reckon…!

kindest regards tommi

I don’t think Stephen O’Reilly will help us now.

:lol:

You Orally men…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

[youtube] https://youtu.be/zyuS8GcENfQ[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/zyuS8GcENfQ

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:34 pm 
Ken Hunter

Thanks for the updates on the match. I haven't seen any of it as I was at the Ed Sheeran concert, which was brilliant.
No injuries seems like one of the few positives.
I am a bit worried about this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

That’s great Kezz….

no injuries…!

does he fall off the stage often…?

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Was at the airshow & missed it, might watch later, not sure.

No injuries is the main thing for me, as it was last week. It's a worry that we've got Marchbank Mcgovern Martin not playing a preseason game though. Really not sure any of those 3 can be considered for Richmond, even if they freshen up over the next 2 weeks.

Practice matches are strange & we really don't know what Voss wanted out of the game. Maybe he told the mids & forwards to take the foot off the pedal a bit, to see how the defence holds up if we're getting beaten.

Did Sydney name s strong squad? Ours was way off best 22.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:04 am 
Rod Ashman

I’m a bit disappointed with Motlop.
His constant “ability” to give away free kicks for poor tackling releases the pressure valve for the opposition.
Don’t tackle at all if you’re going to give away so many free kicks.
The small forward positions & hff is a weakness.
Fisher is nearly at 100 games & yet I can’t remember a time he was one of the top players on the ground.
He needs a game where he gets the ball a lot & impacts. He’s ok.. but more than ok is needed.

Carroll to me knows how to work in traffic. The game slows down for him… yet he only got a quarter of action, so I guess he is out of calculations for Rd 1.

If Hollands has the wing, can O’Brien go to a forward line role? Move the chess pieces around.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:04 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tommi wrote:
AGRO wrote:
tommi wrote:
It’s ok….

not great to watch…but licka paint here…licka paint
there…we should be alright i reckon…!

kindest regards tommi

I don’t think Stephen O’Reilly will help us now.

:lol:

You Orally men…!

kindest regards tommi

You hideous orangutan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:14 am 
Geoff Southby

I’m starting to think our team is like an Andy Warhol film - better talked about than seen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
Yep TDK cannot ruck……. The audacity of him trialling to fit in with Carlton and wanting more money. Play properly first rather than wanting to take speccies all the time.

I don't think he's asking for anything Drewgirl. I think the hype is all media driven.

He wants to stay despite Saints throwing ridiculous money at him.

He's just waiting to see where he fits in the pecking order and determine if his form warrants anything special.

Carlton will offer what they can afford/ what they think is a fair offer to retain him.
If Carlton don't want him, they will low ball him.

There's 22 rounds and possibly Finals ahead of him before he's officially gone, or he signs earlier to avoid distraction from Finals.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
TDK is not a ruckman and a seriously rubbish player.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Other than that last quarter vs Tigers in round 1, and those marks he pulled on the boundary vs Cats, I haven't been convinced he has footy IQ like his younger brother.

His timing after 4 years is seriously crap.

He looks like a KP player to me. A tall target, who may take the odd screamer after 10 attempts for mark of the year.

I dont mind him as the 3rd tall, playing Fwd-Ruck, but I also expect to see heaps more improvement. FFS he got towelled by Ladhams, whose behind 32yo Hickey on one leg.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:54 am 
Geoff Southby

tap in 79 wrote:
His constant “ability” to give away free kicks for poor tackling releases the pressure valve for the opposition.
Fisher is nearly at 100 games & yet I can’t remember a time he was one of the top players on the ground.
He needs a game where he gets the ball a lot & impacts. He’s ok.. but more than ok is needed.

Carroll to me knows how to work in traffic. The game slows down for him… yet he only got a quarter of action, so I guess he is out of calculations for Rd 1.

If Hollands has the wing, can O’Brien go to a forward line role? Move the chess pieces around.

Watched the game from start to finish i did . What did i think ? dunno what i thought except we where flat footed . So i reckon i will tap into " Tap ". Reckon you have made two really good points " Tap ". Motlop , well i don't get the hype coz he was atrocious . When is he at the drop of the ball ? look i like his energy and hustle and bustle but i just can't see multiple goals from him ................... and the other one is Carroll . In his brief foray he showed far more class than many of the others . Carroll is AFL standard . He has got what it takes . Continue to play him in the magoo's and you will destroy him . And whats the go with Dow ? why do his teammates continually ignore him ? Paddy put in last night . He gave off the ball a few times and kept running to receive and was ignored . Why ? unfortunately he seams like one of those players that teammates don't have faith in no matter what they do . Having said that i reckon it is curtains for Paddy . Just a half a level below . Good type of young bloke all the same .

On a positive not it is so obvious Hollands is up to it . He is AFL level . Good player . Cowan is also good . Plenty to like about him least of all is his willingness to mix it and put his head over the football . Ditto Cincotta . He looked better as the game wore on . Definitely not a wasted pick ........................... so , for me , Hollands MUST debut in round one . Give us supporters some faith in the future . I would also debut Cowan or Cincotta . One or the other . OK i'll go Cincotta . Although Cowan has had a great preparation i think Cincotta has bee just if not more impressive . The bloke has been an absolute credit how he has embraced his opportunity .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:59 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:
Hornet wrote:
LOB sleeps with the lights on...
So does Fisher

I'm not a big Fisher fan, same goes with LOB.
Depth players for mine.

Take a look at players from Finalists who are the same size.

Gulden is 4 years younger than Fisher and same size.
Gulden has shown more than Fish as an 18yo, 19yo and now 20yo.
Gulden is what we are after for the HF role, not Fisher.
We need to keep turning over the 7-8 peripheral players, or be happy with low benchmarking.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

tap in 79 wrote:

SPS nearly clocked 100 games for Carlton.
The number of games gifted shouldnt increase expectations.

Fisher doesn't like contact, and I'm not crazy about Fisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:59 am 
Rod Ashman

Mickstar wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:

Watched the game from start to finish i did . What did i think ? dunno what i thought except we where flat footed . So i reckon i will tap into " Tap ". Reckon you have made two really good points " Tap ". Motlop , well i don't get the hype coz he was atrocious . When is he at the drop of the ball ? look i like his energy and hustle and bustle but i just can't see multiple goals from him ................... and the other one is Carroll . In his brief foray he showed far more class than many of the others . Carroll is AFL standard . He has got what it takes . Continue to play him in the magoo's and you will destroy him . And whats the go with Dow ? why do his teammates continually ignore him ? Paddy put in last night . He gave off the ball a few times and kept running to receive and was ignored . Why ? unfortunately he seams like one of those players that teammates don't have faith in no matter what they do . Having said that i reckon it is curtains for Paddy . Just a half a level below . Good type of young bloke all the same .

On a positive not it is so obvious Hollands is up to it . He is AFL level . Good player . Cowan is also good . Plenty to like about him least of all is his willingness to mix it and put his head over the football . Ditto Cincotta . He looked better as the game wore on . Definitely not a wasted pick ........................... so , for me , Hollands MUST debut in round one . Give us supporters some faith in the future . I would also debut Cowan or Cincotta . One or the other . OK i'll go Cincotta . Although Cowan has had a great preparation i think Cincotta has bee just if not more impressive . The bloke has been an absolute credit how he has embraced his opportunity .

Mickstar, we’re on the same page with a lot of things.

I agree with you with Carroll. He has class.
Would like him to have the 5th /sub position for rd1.. but going by the fact he only got one quarter I guess he is down the pecking order.

I also agree with Hollands debuting Rd1. Not sold on the others yet.
It is a long season - Dow could still be useful.

Who they pick out of Owies,Motlop, Durdin etc for Rd1 will be vital. You can’t take all three as they all basically do the same thing and get few possessions.
We need a few goals out of the small forwards.
“Pressure acts” where they chase after blokes after they have 5-10 metre break is pointless.
“Tackling pressure” where you give away free kicks isn’t great.

Silvagni looked good to me. Gives you a lot of options.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:06 am 
Rod Ashman

should never play for us again
owies/honey- no speed, take space, average disposal
ed curnow- plenty of heart but nothing else
obrien- seriously htf he gets a game in any form of footy is astounding

also get rid of kruezer as a ruck coach

we had no direction, no structure at all yesterday
same crap as last year,
blind kicking, no run, bombing forward (seems our talls except for silvagni only want a speccy)
no composure
I know it was a practice game but even for us that was pathetic.
Lets give it a few week in the real season maybe but it looks like no Cripps no Carlton still

Bright side loved the look of the young ones but then again give them a bit of time in the system and they will be damaged for the long term just like the rest. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:16 am 
John Nicholls

The game plan looked very Malthouse-esque.

Hopefully they weren't taking this game seriously (first quarter reflects that).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:18 am 
Craig Bradley

Love to know the stats for frees, inside 50s and tackles.
De Koning looks ahead of Pittonet to me.

Pros:

Charlie was terrific. Hewett, Docherty and Acres good. Weiters looked interested.
Encouraging performances from Hollands and Cowan.
More competitive after quarter time.

Cons:

Ball movement and general lack of pace over the ground. We're going to get exposed by a lot of teams.
We've got to defend better when the opposition is on top, or we're never going to beat good teams. Losing a quarter by 5-6 goals is killing us. The better defences will strangle and keep the margin to 2-3 goals.
Got smashed out of the middle.
Getting no defensive rebound. All the opposition need to do is sit on Saad.
Desperately need to find a dangerous forward outside of Charlie and Harry.
Good to see Dow find some ball, but got absolutely slaughtered by Gulden. Can't defend for peanuts.
SOJ's abilility to consistently butcher set shots.
Young doesn't look like he wants the ball in hand.
Too many players invisible: O'Brien, Owies, Cincotta, Honey.
Umpiring was pretty bad.
Not quite sure why you'd only give guys like Durdin and Carroll only a quarter. Didn't see Binns at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:19 am 
Harry Vallence

No injuries, Cowan looks a real prospect, Hollands showed promise.

Anything else is overthinking it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Was at the airshow & missed it, might watch later, not sure.

No injuries is the main thing for me, as it was last week. It's a worry that we've got Marchbank Mcgovern Martin not playing a preseason game though. Really not sure any of those 3 can be considered for Richmond, even if they freshen up over the next 2 weeks.

Practice matches are strange & we really don't know what Voss wanted out of the game. Maybe he told the mids & forwards to take the foot off the pedal a bit, to see how the defence holds up if we're getting beaten.

Did Sydney name s strong squad? Ours was way off best 22.
Not sure who else they were missing but Mills and Papley didn't play they are significant outs.

I have said it for a while we are a 6 man team with the rest making up the numbers
Weiters Walsh Saad Cripps Curnow and Harry.
All 6 play we match it with top 4
Take 1 out we compete with top 8 sides
Take 2 out we are an 8 to 10 side
Take 3 out we are bottom 6

We played last night with half our team and played like a bottom 6 side.

Need to turn that 6 into 8 to 10 man side and we only have 2 to 3 on the list that can do that Doc Cerra and Gov but everything needs to go right

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:35 am 
Geoff Southby

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
No injuries

Dow?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next