Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:37 am 
Bruce Doull

Watched the replay of Q1

Special comments from Ruby were dreadful, kept talking at length over good passages of play

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:02 am 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
Watched the replay of Q1

Special comments from Ruby were dreadful, kept talking at length over good passages of play

I just watched it too. I actually thought Ruby had some good insights, but having her on made the commentary too Collingwood centric. It would have been good if they had a Carlton person (Walsh?) with her instead of Barlow to even it out.
The play by play guy was terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:51 am 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
If Charlie was going at half pace, Weitering was going 1/4 pace.

Yeah , him as well .............Not bagging them , just sayin ' ................actually happy for them to play within themselves . Thats smart .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:53 am 
Geoff Southby

bluechampion wrote:
Something you notice live that you might not on the broadcast- Acres is very disciplined on keeping his width. You could argue he sat too far from the play, but he was available as a switch on multiple occasions without being used, and his opponent get sucked closer to the play.

One hundred percent . He position's himself superbly .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:17 pm 
formerly Fevola

How do all these AFLW Collingwood girls get media jobs ? They are so Collingwood scentric it’s just hard to listen to. And how excited were they all getting when McStay got the ball. One of them said he is a watch for the Coleman medal. Omg..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Any feedback on how paddy Dow went in the reserves practice match?
I did hear about a chase down tackle and at least one goal…
Just rewatched the Carlton saints game from 2021 and reminded about his ability - his step, his vision and F50 delivery was terrific in that game. With Walsh out some speed would be great if he has developed from last year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

**** the media and their bias.
We just need to make sure we keep building on from last year and more importantly, believe that we can repeat it + add to it and grow again.
This game might not have meant much to us supporters, but what that win did for the players, after last years last 2 games, in IMO was immense.
The boys proved to themselves yesterday that last year was no flash in the pan. The fact we beat Collingwood and now get to play Sydney are huge bonuses. We do well against Sydney, who played in the GF last year, and it will lead us into the first 2 games with a positive mind set.
Our first 2 games are huge!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Arnhem blues wrote:
Just rewatched the Carlton saints game from 2021 and reminded about his ability - his step, his vision and F50 delivery was terrific in that game. With Walsh out some speed would be great if he has developed from last year

I only saw the first quarter of the reserves but Pittonet, Kennedy & Dow were toying with what looked a pretty young Collingwood midfield.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

Is there anywhere we can get a VFL match report from Friday?

Thanks in anticipation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:
We do well against Sydney, who played in the GF last year, and it will lead us into the first 2 games with a positive mind set...

…allowing us to get ahead of ourselves once again! :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Watched the replay, Acres BOG IMO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
Arnhem blues wrote:

I only saw the first quarter of the reserves but Pittonet, Kennedy & Dow were toying with what looked a pretty young Collingwood midfield.

Thanks abns :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
We do well against Sydney, who played in the GF last year, and it will lead us into the first 2 games with a positive mind set...

…allowing us to get ahead of ourselves once again! :lol:

How many occasions did we do that last year? I can’t remember too many. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:29 am 
Geoff Southby

P S .............. Alex Mirkov , nice effort . Looked very comfortable out there . Got his share of tapouts . His pushing and shoving in the ruck contests was pretty damn good . Reckon he actually could eventually become a weapon with that big height advantage .........

Yes , i know , i shitcanned the bejesus out of this bloke when he first arrived . He was woeful and i thought the hierarchy had lost there minds . And he was woeful . I watched quite a lot of him in the magoo's and he didn't improve one iota . Painful to watch he was . And then , something just clicked . Like overnight . Towards the end of last season all of a sudden it came together . His tapwork , palming , positioning just came together all of a sudden . Just goes to show Mick , leave it to the experts . From what i hear the bloke who has been a big wrap for him and has also done a lot of development work is none other than " The Diesel " . Kudos to you Diesel coz the improvement in Mirkov is miraculous .

Love to know what you guru's think about Mirkov's game . A lot of my mates reckon he was great and others reckon he was shite so , i dunno , come on guru's , tell me what the go is with this bloke . Will he make it ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
P S .............. Alex Mirkov , nice effort . Looked very comfortable out there . Got his share of tapouts . His pushing and shoving in the ruck contests was pretty damn good . Reckon he actually could eventually become a weapon with that big height advantage .........

Yes , i know , i shitcanned the bejesus out of this bloke when he first arrived . He was woeful and i thought the hierarchy had lost there minds . And he was woeful . I watched quite a lot of him in the magoo's and he didn't improve one iota . Painful to watch he was . And then , something just clicked . Like overnight . Towards the end of last season all of a sudden it came together . His tapwork , palming , positioning just came together all of a sudden . Just goes to show Mick , leave it to the experts . From what i hear the bloke who has been a big wrap for him and has also done a lot of development work is none other than " The Diesel " . Kudos to you Diesel coz the improvement in Mirkov is miraculous .

Love to know what you guru's think about Mirkov's game . A lot of my mates reckon he was great and others reckon he was shite so , i dunno , come on guru's , tell me what the go is with this bloke . Will he make it ?

He was'nt shite.
He wasnt impressive.
He held his ground against average 'light weight' rucks.
He competed and nullified which is all I asked.

When he won a few taps, I too said there's hope for this guy ...and there really is.

I didnt know Diesel had anything to do with him. Thanks Mr Williams. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:09 am 
Geoff Southby

I’ve been more bullish about Big Al than some, but we don’t want him playing much seniors in 2023. It’s great he got a taste at the Pies, and he might get another taste against the Swans, but he is still raw and another season of craft building in the VFL will do him good. If he picks up a senior game or two along the way (injury cover) that’s fine, but I’m not expecting him to have any impact until 2024.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:24 am 
Wayne Johnston

aboynamedsue wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
What I liked is that we held on to win with the pies coming at us hard in the last ten minutes. I would have spewed if we had started off the year with another close loss.

Sorry but the Pies had enough looks in the last term to win. We were lucky they missed so many shots. Watching it live, all day it seemed we had more of the play - but every time they got it inside forward 50 it resulted in a shot on goal. I have no idea if the stats support that, but that’s how it seemed. In the second quarter the shots all went in, but in the last term they kicked points. It could have easily been another run of 5 goals against us in the final term and a repeat of last year.

Still lots of work to do defensively IMO.

Yeah, I noticed that too, yet we won. Winning is infectious, the more you win, the more you are able to win, even if it looks ugly or lucky.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 am 
Bruce Doull

We missed some pretty gettable shots too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
We missed some pretty gettable shots too.

But the point abns is making (I think) is that the Pies got themselves in a position to win the game. We gave them that opporttunity by allowing them to have shots at goal, last year, they would have kicked, and snatched the game.

I dont think the Blue boys showed they learned from last year's last round TBH. I can't buy the fact its a praccy. That last game stung and should have left an indelible mark on the boys all summer, and the solution discussed post game should have resonated over the last 4 months too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 am 
Laurie Kerr

Still think our inside 50’s need work … we waste lots of opportunities when we go forward … the reason why teams like the filth stay in games is because they are much more efficient when they go inside 50 … if we are ever able to increase our efficiency I think that’s when things will truly click for us as a team …

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next