Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just watched game again.
Wonderful Friday.
Wish I could watch reserves.

Can’t get over Hollands.
I thought Farmer Blue was exaggerating more so than hopeful.
I was wrong.

I will wait to see him again next weekend live before I am convinced he’ starts in the 22.

Cowan goes all right too Farmer.
He didn’t look out of place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I love what they’re doing with Honey at HF.
He has wheels and he needs to cement a role.
He has put himself in the frame for 2023.
Like our injury prone players His body has to stand up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:58 pm 
Ken Hunter

Just watched the replay and saw Cripps injury his ankle . Looks like it was caught under him when he was tackled.
He ran off limping but didn't look distressed so fingers crossed it is not too bad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jack Martin should change his name by deed poll to Jack Martin-(calf)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:39 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Final score in reserves

Whooped them

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Final score in reserves

Whooped them
Nice

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:28 pm 
Geoff Southby

Plenty of positives from today but what I didn’t like was we were 19 points ahead at 3/4 time when we should have been 5 or 6 goals clear. I know it didn’t hurt us today (only because Collingwood were inaccurate in the last quarter) but that shit kills us during the real season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Seriously….

how good was it having wings…?

and you know what wings do…yup…
i believe we can fly folk…!

kindest regards tommi

i don’t know when…but we will one day…!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

tommi wrote:
Seriously….

how good was it having wings…?

and you know what wings do…yup…
i believe we can fly folk…!

kindest regards tommi

:grin:

i don’t know when…but we will one day…!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hollands and Cowan both looked promising under pressure.
Dekoning and Motlop looked improved.

When we have the ball we look polished, but can still go missing when defending, especially through the midfield.
This year we have to win the games we should do so easily ie. against teams like the Saints, Suns, Crows etc.

Anyway a promising hit out.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:44 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Agree Vintage, we need to be ruthless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just watching the replay….

please please PLEASE let Hewitt play the year out…!

please…we really missed him…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

Pros:

Impressed most with Crippa, Harry, TDK and Acres.
Makes a difference having Hewett and Kennedy back in midfield.
Encouraging performances from Cincotta, LOB, Fisher, Motlop. Particularly liked LOB's work in the contest. Usually he's a liability there. But not so today.
Thought Honey did some good things. Just wish he'd show some defensive intensity.

Cons:

With some of our quicker players out, our team looked one-paced compared to the opposition.
Defence looked fairly porous. Love to know how many forward entries Collingwood had. It felt like they scored on most entries.
SOJ hasn't improved his set shot goalkicking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Good to be able to see the game, although it was pretty low quality vision. Commentary was awful though. Felt like something produced for the Collingwood website.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:27 am 
Geoff Southby

Princes Park can still put on a show . Bumper crowd for a praccy . Only a practise match for sure but i still reckon you can get something out of these matches if nothing more than blowing the cobwebs out . No doubt for the old stagers its like dancing with your sister ( or in Charlies case it was like dancing with your Grandma he was so slack ) but the younger brigade get an enourmas amount out of it . Hollands , Cowan and Cincotta would have never experienced anything like that pressure before and it brings 'em up to speed real quick . I thought all three acquitted themselves extremely well . Good job boys . Ed is not a new kid on the block but i felt like i was watching a newbie coz he's been out for what seems an eternity . Ed Captain of the Magoo's ? no faaarking way . If he is on the senior list he is there to play senior's . Sure , he is not going to play every game in the one's but he will play his fair share of senior footy don't worry about that . Too right i am biased about Ed . He is my style of blue collar tradie type of player . A beauty is Ed . Come middle of winter when everything is a grind Ed will be front and centre ..................although not a newbie Blake Acres is a newbie to our Club . Cant believe how good Acres was . Fantastic game i thought . Theres running , and there is running isn't there . The headless chook style of running , and the running with purpose style of running . Acres is definitely the latter . His positional play was fantastic in that he went forward at the right time , he dropped back at the right time , and held his ground and stayed at home at the right time which is the hallmark of all the toppling wingmen . Geez , i'm slow to catch on coz a lot of you good judges having what a great acquisition to our team Acres would be . Didn't know what all the fuss was about . Shit boys , you where spot on . Big unit too . What would he be in the old , six-foot two ? great debut Blake Acres and wellcome to our great Club .

PS...............the new facilities ? a hideous monstrosity for mine . Who allowed the Robert Heatley to be bulldozed ? destructive vandalism at it its worse . What were the flower heritage people and residents group doing ? now , I've said it , got it off my chest and probably pissed off all you progressives .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:27 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Princes Park can still put on a show . Bumper crowd for a praccy . Only a practise match for sure but i still reckon you can get something out of these matches if nothing more than blowing the cobwebs out . No doubt for the old stagers its like dancing with your sister ( or in Charlies case it was like dancing with your Grandma he was so slack ) but the younger brigade get an enourmas amount out of it . Hollands , Cowan and Cincotta would have never experienced anything like that pressure before and it brings 'em up to speed real quick . I thought all three acquitted themselves extremely well . Good job boys . Ed is not a new kid on the block but i felt like i was watching a newbie coz he's been out for what seems an eternity . Ed Captain of the Magoo's ? no faaarking way . If he is on the senior list he is there to play senior's . Sure , he is not going to play every game in the one's but he will play his fair share of senior footy don't worry about that . Too right i am biased about Ed . He is my style of blue collar tradie type of player . A beauty is Ed . Come middle of winter when everything is a grind Ed will be front and centre ..................although not a newbie Blake Acres is a newbie to our Club . Cant believe how good Acres was . Fantastic game i thought . Theres running , and there is running isn't there . The headless chook style of running , and the running with purpose style of running . Acres is definitely the latter . His positional play was fantastic in that he went forward at the right time , he dropped back at the right time , and held his ground and stayed at home at the right time which is the hallmark of all the toppling wingmen . Geez , i'm slow to catch on coz a lot of you good judges having what a great acquisition to our team Acres would be . Didn't know what all the fuss was about . Shit boys , you where spot on . Big unit too . What would he be in the old , six-foot two ? great debut Blake Acres and wellcome to our great Club .

PS...............the new facilities ? a hideous monstrosity for mine . Who allowed the Robert Heatley to be bulldozed ? destructive vandalism at it its worse . What were the flower heritage people and residents group doing ? now , I've said it , got it off my chest and probably pissed off all you progressives .

I'm with you on all of the above.

Have a feeling Charlie was playing a decoy role at times, making way fort Harry one on one to have his way with his opponent. Maybe.

Facilities are fantastic. Its where they have put them and what they took away that stinks. A footy game needs atmosphere behind the goals...both of them.

Blake Acres ... you dont remember what he did against Pies in the Final, whilst injured too? Has pace to get where he needs to be.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:31 am 
Geoff Southby

If Charlie was going at half pace, Weitering was going 1/4 pace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:55 am 
Wayne Johnston

What I liked is that we held on to win with the pies coming at us hard in the last ten minutes. I would have spewed if we had started off the year with another close loss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:30 am 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
What I liked is that we held on to win with the pies coming at us hard in the last ten minutes. I would have spewed if we had started off the year with another close loss.

Sorry but the Pies had enough looks in the last term to win. We were lucky they missed so many shots. Watching it live, all day it seemed we had more of the play - but every time they got it inside forward 50 it resulted in a shot on goal. I have no idea if the stats support that, but that’s how it seemed. In the second quarter the shots all went in, but in the last term they kicked points. It could have easily been another run of 5 goals against us in the final term and a repeat of last year.

Still lots of work to do defensively IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:37 am 
Robert Walls

Something you notice live that you might not on the broadcast- Acres is very disciplined on keeping his width. You could argue he sat too far from the play, but he was available as a switch on multiple occasions without being used, and his opponent got sucked closer to the play.

Last edited by bluechampion on Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next