Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Confirmed Hewett won't play

Post subject: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

If it was cleared of serious damage then what's wrong with it?

I'm sure this will be another classic Carlton seemingly innocuous injury that causes him to miss weeks...

Post subject: Re: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:26 pm 
Laurie Kerr

missnaut wrote:

I'm sure this will be another classic Carlton seemingly innocuous injury that causes him to miss weeks...

This ^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:31 pm 
Robert Walls

you're probably right but hopefully it's the fitness test today but it's too bruised and swollen "no serious damage" rather than the oh sorry he's got 4 broken bones in his hand and off for surgery kind of "no serious damage"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

missnaut wrote:

I hope it doesn’t spread to his back

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:07 pm 
Robert Walls

Martin reinjured his calf apparently

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:31 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bluebo baggers wrote:

Yep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluebo baggers wrote:

Has to be uninjured to be re-injured.

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:24 pm 
Rod McGregor

I am seriously sick of Martin’s constant in/out status. He needs to play numerous games in the 2nds before he gets another games in the seniors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Martin; another of our big money recruits who hardly get on the park.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is where losing second tier players to injury really hurts us. It's that Boyd-Cottrell-Cunningham layer that would be so handy right now

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Some posters would have George play through pain and injury

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Some posters would have George play through pain and injury

Which posters?

What injury does he have?

You don’t know, so how do you know posters would prefer him to play with whatever injury he has when they don’t know? Prove it.

Let’s back the club and their decision. In Voss I trust is my mantra.

Weren’t you having a go at the club assuming they would select Hewett when no one even knew what the injury was let alone severity.

You do a lot of shadow boxing paddy. Shooting blanks. You make a lot of I’ll founded assumptions and claims. You know the old saying re Ass U Me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hamill on SEN just said Walsh is a couple weeks away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Traveller86 wrote:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/23/ ... m-surgery/

Update

Carlton is expecting Sam Walsh to return in either Round 4 or 5 as he edges closer to full fitness from a back injury.

Walsh underwent surgery in December last year to remove a bulging disc portion and relieve pressure on a nerve in his back.

Despite Blues assistant coach Aaron Hamill stating the original timeframe is in place for Walsh, he added that the 22-year-old is training the house down.

“A couple of weeks (away),” Hamill responded on SEN’s Sportsday when questioned about Walsh’s return date.

“If you looked at him during the week and how he’s training you’d think he could play tonight.

“He’s beating down the door, he’s recovering really well, he’s getting a heap of work into him. He’s got that steely determination that Sam Walsh always has about him.

“The main thing is he’s doing large volumes of work, 12 and 14-kilometre sessions but pulling up really well, so we’re hoping it’s in the next fortnight.”

When asked if it could be a back injury that lingers, Hamill added: It’ll be a couple of weeks (on the sidelines for Walsh). Two, three, hopefully not four”.

Walsh missed the opening round of the season as Carlton and Richmond played out a draw, and will miss Thursday night’s game against Geelong.

A return date of two or three weeks will see Walsh return to the senior side against either North Melbourne or Adelaide.

The midfielder’s absence will be a blow to start the season, while a hand injury to George Hewett creates further issues for Michael Voss’ best midfield.

Rumours had flown in the pre-season that Walsh was eyeing off an early return, but the young star knocked back those suggestions in the leadup to Round 1.

“My time in footy I haven’t had a lot of injuries, but the news can be a bit comical in the way it’s talked about,” Walsh told Carlton Media. “I’ve got to remember it comes from a place of interest and people care, but people trying to get in first with what I’m doing with my training and when I’m going to return when there’s only three people at the club who know – and I’m not one of them, it has been funny to listen to.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Update

Carlton is expecting Sam Walsh to return in either Round 4 or 5 as he edges closer to full fitness from a back injury.

Walsh underwent surgery in December last year to remove a bulging disc portion and relieve pressure on a nerve in his back.

Despite Blues assistant coach Aaron Hamill stating the original timeframe is in place for Walsh, he added that the 22-year-old is training the house down.

“A couple of weeks (away),” Hamill responded on SEN’s Sportsday when questioned about Walsh’s return date.

“If you looked at him during the week and how he’s training you’d think he could play tonight.

“He’s beating down the door, he’s recovering really well, he’s getting a heap of work into him. He’s got that steely determination that Sam Walsh always has about him.

“The main thing is he’s doing large volumes of work, 12 and 14-kilometre sessions but pulling up really well, so we’re hoping it’s in the next fortnight.”

When asked if it could be a back injury that lingers, Hamill added: It’ll be a couple of weeks (on the sidelines for Walsh). Two, three, hopefully not four”.

Walsh missed the opening round of the season as Carlton and Richmond played out a draw, and will miss Thursday night’s game against Geelong.

A return date of two or three weeks will see Walsh return to the senior side against either North Melbourne or Adelaide.

The midfielder’s absence will be a blow to start the season, while a hand injury to George Hewett creates further issues for Michael Voss’ best midfield.

Rumours had flown in the pre-season that Walsh was eyeing off an early return, but the young star :grin: knocked back those suggestions in the leadup to Round 1.

“My time in footy I haven’t had a lot of injuries, but the news can be a bit comical in the way it’s talked about,” Walsh told Carlton Media. “I’ve got to remember it comes from a place of interest and people care, but people trying to get in first with what I’m doing with my training and when I’m going to return when there’s only three people at the club who know – and I’m not one of them, it has been funny to listen to.”

He must love reading TC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:17 am 
Geoff Southby

Did anyone else see Ed holding his should late in the game last night?
Have we had any injury reports from the club yet?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:41 pm 
Geoff Southby

S.Durdin left the ground early in the VFL game last night and didn’t return. Anyone heard what happened? We can ill afford to lose KPD depth.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Effes wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Update

Rumours had flown in the pre-season that Walsh was eyeing off an early return, but the young star knocked back those suggestions in the leadup to Round 1.

So he'll play this week :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:42 am 
Ken Hunter

cortez wrote:
Martin; another of our big money recruits who hardly get on the park.

Was for a year.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 54  Next