Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Is leaving names off the list sloppy, or strategic?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If Geelong are Dad's Army then Carlton are M*A*S*H.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:46 pm 
Wayne Johnston

showbag wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Walsh or LOB might need to spend more time behind the ball. We have to get more run from the back half. That's where it all starts under Voss' steady on game plan. Our defenders get high possessions. Someone needs to get their hands on it down back. Dare I say it McGovern's selection is critical.

This is exactly the role Cerra is playing, and I'm fairly sure I've seen you criticise Voss for it on the basis that Cerra is our "second best inside mid".

Now you want to take our best running midfielder in Walsh, or our stop-gap running winger in LoB (who can't tackle) and stick them behind the ball?

Play either of them behind the ball and we may as well put up the white flag before the bounce.

What rubbish.
Cerra is playing onball. He is probably our only consistent onballer right now.
In suggesting a Walsh or a LOB spend a fair amount of time down back, I am acknowledging we are a bit desperate for run and rebound down back and something might need to give.
Fist Williams then Doc and now Saad.
St.K are not a quick side so in some respects it is probably timely our sluggish and under performing midfield comes up against them now. Voss needs to throw down the challenge to Cripps, Hewett, Ed Curnow and Kennedy. To win the contest.
But he also needs to find some way to generate run from defense. I like Cincotta, have watched him for 2 years in the VFL, but it is a big ask for him to come in and be a large part of the solution.
Our stuttering midfield less Walsh has got us to 4th on the ladder. So maybe ask Walsh to start on a wing but play with an eye on the backhalf so he can be the guy playing Saad's role. Or LOB. Someone has to generate that run.
And what do you mean by stop-gap? Sounds like a throw away term from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
LOB and Walsh are two of our best runners, someone has to help the backs this weekend and maybe next weekend also if Saad is out again. Saad is a major avenue out of defense for us. His absense will be acutely felt if we don't find other ways to run and carry from defense. Again I like Cincotta but gee it is his first game.

No wonder we've got problems down back :yikes:

I got it . ...i think.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

I have total confidence in the club that Saad & doc are right :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 pm 
John Nicholls

Saaaaaaaad, what's up Doc.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
I have total confidence in the club that Saad & doc are right :lol:

I’m not going to say what I’m thinking out loud, as I don’t want to jinx anyone :yikes: :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

club29 wrote:
showbag wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Walsh or LOB might need to spend more time behind the ball. We have to get more run from the back half. That's where it all starts under Voss' steady on game plan. Our defenders get high possessions. Someone needs to get their hands on it down back. Dare I say it McGovern's selection is critical.

This is exactly the role Cerra is playing, and I'm fairly sure I've seen you criticise Voss for it on the basis that Cerra is our "second best inside mid".

Now you want to take our best running midfielder in Walsh, or our stop-gap running winger in LoB (who can't tackle) and stick them behind the ball?

Play either of them behind the ball and we may as well put up the white flag before the bounce.

What rubbish.
Cerra is playing onball. He is probably our only consistent onballer right now.
In suggesting a Walsh or a LOB spend a fair amount of time down back, I am acknowledging we are a bit desperate for run and rebound down back and something might need to give.
Fist Williams then Doc and now Saad.
St.K are not a quick side so in some respects it is probably timely our sluggish and under performing midfield comes up against them now. Voss needs to throw down the challenge to Cripps, Hewett, Ed Curnow and Kennedy. To win the contest.
But he also needs to find some way to generate run from defense. I like Cincotta, have watched him for 2 years in the VFL, but it is a big ask for him to come in and be a large part of the solution.
Our stuttering midfield less Walsh has got us to 4th on the ladder. So maybe ask Walsh to start on a wing but play with an eye on the backhalf so he can be the guy playing Saad's role. Or LOB. Someone has to generate that run.
And what do you mean by stop-gap? Sounds like a throw away term from someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
LOB and Walsh are two of our best runners, someone has to help the backs this weekend and maybe next weekend also if Saad is out again. Saad is a major avenue out of defense for us. His absense will be acutely felt if we don't find other ways to run and carry from defense. Again I like Cincotta but gee it is his first game.

No wonder we've got problems down back :yikes:

I got it . ...i think.

Well Cincotta was good. And I am glad he's kept his spot.

But we were so slow with our ball movement.

TBH this is not just about personnel. It's as much about system. Yes not having our best running HBs hurts but it's not like the others can't run. They're professional athletes FFS.

Much of the media criticism this week has been on system and I think that's spot on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:33 am 
Geoff Southby

The same media also made mention about the amount of injuries we have also.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

Nice to have a couple of players coming back earlier than expected. Usually our players seem to be unavailable for longer than originally thought.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:

Yes but that and game plan are mutually exclusive.
At least in our situation, in my view.
Yeah losing Williams was a blow but injuries happen and I don't believe for one minute our slow game plan which has been there all year was designed around his absence.

Voss needs to wake and see that the better teams are taking the game on.
Essendon* look great and have banked wins through taking the game on with rapid fire handball chains.
Far cry from chip chip chip.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Yeah losing Williams was a blow but injuries happen and I don't believe for one minute our slow game plan which has been there all year was designed around his absence.

Essendon** look great and have banked wins through taking the game on with rapid fire handball chains.

Do you really believe the loss of our fastest backline players (in mind and legs) Saad Doc Boyd Cottrell along with Williams doesn't affect our speed out of defence?

If so, you cant be serious, and obviously cant let go of your anti Voss agenda. Can't that wait till the end of the season? You're blinded by bias imo. Well, TBH its pretty obvious you are.

We were the run and gun team last year, which proves he's onto that game plan, so you can't ignore that, then he adjusted as the media had a go at our defensive side of the game and he adjusted.

Our biggest issue, last year, and the media finally admitted it then, was injury. Same as this year, but like the media, you are choosing to avoid the real issue thus far: injury.

Time will tell. We've won more than we've lost after 6 rounds. Did I mention we would have beaten Saints if not for the shocking kicking for goal and a few misdirected passes from backmen which led to goals.

I know if we get a few more players back from injury over the next few weeks, it will be a different story.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Essendon*** look great and have banked wins through taking the game on with rapid fire handball chains.

Do you really believe the loss of our fastest backline players (in mind and legs) Saad Doc Boyd Cottrell along with Williams doesn't affect our speed out of defence?

If so, you cant be serious, and obviously cant let go of your anti Voss agenda. Can't that wait till the end of the season? You're blinded by bias imo. Well, TBH its pretty obvious you are.

We were the run and gun team last year, which proves he's onto that game plan, so you can't ignore that, then he adjusted as the media had a go at our defensive side of the game and he adjusted.

Our biggest issue, last year, and the media finally admitted it then, was injury. Same as this year, but like the media, you are choosing to avoid the real issue thus far: injury.

Time will tell. We've won more than we've lost after 6 rounds. Did I mention we would have beaten Saints if not for the shocking kicking for goal and a few misdirected passes from backmen which led to goals.

I know if we get a few more players back from injury over the next few weeks, it will be a different story.

LOL you are so pathetic

Seriously I'm posting myself

Keep up the comedy mate. I'm loving it !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

List of players who didn’t play at either level in round 7:

Carroll
Cowan
Cunningham
S.Durdin
Fogarty*
Marchbank
Martin
Motlop**
Owies
Philp
Williams

* travelling emergency- presumed not injured.
** suspended.

Docherty, Saad, Cottrell, Lemmey, Mirkov & TDK returned to action this weekend. If Docherty & Saad pulled up OK (and I’m waiting until they actually run out on Friday night before assuming that!) then that’s credit to the medical/fitness staff - and to the players themselves. Still don’t know why Lemmey & Mirkov missed last week.

Carroll is this week’s mystery absence.

Fingers crossed Owies, Martin, Marchbank, Cunningham, Motlop, Carroll, Cowan & S.Durdin return via the VFL this week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

aboynamedsue wrote:
List of players who didn’t play at either level in round 7:

Carroll
Cowan
Cunningham
S.Durdin
Fogarty*
Marchbank
Martin
Motlop**
Owies
Philp
Williams

* travelling emergency- presumed not injured.
** suspended.

Docherty, Saad, Cottrell, Lemmey, Mirkov & TDK returned to action this weekend. If Docherty & Saad pulled up OK (and I’m waiting until they actually run out on Friday night before assuming that!) then that’s credit to the medical/fitness staff - and to the players themselves. Still don’t know why Lemmey & Mirkov missed last week.

Carroll is this week’s mystery absence.

Fingers crossed Owies, Martin, Marchbank, Cunningham, Motlop, Carroll, Cowan & S.Durdin return via the VFL this week.

Play this week or close

Owies
Fogarty
Cuningham
Motlop
Carroll (Broken finger)
Cowan
Durdin
Mirkov has a bad corky
Lemmey was managed

Marchbank still a couple of weeks
Martin the same
Philp & Williams the season

The Reserves this week should be the strongest we have put on the park in a long while

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Essendon**** look great and have banked wins through taking the game on with rapid fire handball chains.

LOL you are so pathetic

Seriously I'm posting myself

Keep up the comedy mate. I'm loving it !

Problem with that statement is you don’t laugh Mr Cloudy Day.
I read you post and could virtually feel You frothing from the mouth occasionally spitting. Get a grip.

Nothing I said was a lie. You can’t handle opposing views let alone when the holes in your argument are pointed out.

The vulgarity of your post in match thread is noted. You should be given a holiday but I prefer you didn’t to give you some time to adjust the tone of your posts.

Like I said, get a grip coz you’re sounding like a nutcase.

I loved the win. Every bit of it. You’re not going to bring me down Mr Cloudy day.

Next week, more injured players return, and we get to see what we really are about under Voss. Enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Double post

Post subject: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well played Bondi.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:45 pm 
Rod Ashman

And kudos to those who are giving AR credit for getting / giving the green light to Docherty and Saad (assuming they come up ok in the wash up).
We are very quick to knock him when we get injuries, he should get credit when our players get back on the park.

I would prefer a bit more transparency but v happy to see Docherty back after a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:00 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yeah, definitely two in the win column for AR there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

I wonder if Docherty's 2 ACLs actually helped in this recovery.
You know, been there done that, we know what works kinda thing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 54  Next