Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:52 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
:lol:
Good work Surrey. I haven't seen :garthp: for years.

Surrey showing his age. He must be old nowdays. He was once young and hip. :wink:

Its a great saying.

For those not aware of the roots of :garthp: . "Garthp" was a Saints supporter who use to visit TC with the most outlandish comments, so far fetched, so consistently wrong, someone at TC created the :garthp: emoticon. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:57 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

Quote:
The Blues are hopeful that Owies will return at some level as early as this week, but Cuningham, Marchbank and Martin remain a few weeks away. De Koning has entered the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols and won't play. – Riley Beveridge

They may be held back, to be sure, to be sure, but they were amongst all the drills yesterday and looking free of injury and keeping up with the pace. That's the best sign. We need them at the pointy end of the season. A fit Martin, or Cuningham with Owies at HF would be the most handy additions.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:17 am 
Bruce Doull

How about we just put a pause on all the backslapping in this thread....it's making me nervous :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 11:44 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Marchbank, Martin, Cuningham all still 3 weeks off with the same leg injury. Laughable.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 am 
Harry Vallence

OK there's some confusion with different injury lists floating around, can someone please provide the correct and up to date list?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:20 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
OK there's some confusion with different injury lists floating around, can someone please provide the correct and up to date list?

Is there one? afl list, carlton list, sen list, Foxsports list. Eye test list.

What is a correct, up to date injury list?

Doc was suppose to be out for another couple weeks based on an "official" club injury list.
Walsh was ready a few weeks prior to being "allowed" to play, when some thought he'd never return the same player.
Saad was 1-2 weeks.....
Martin was 1-2 weeks....

I think the approach thus far has been to report worse case and deliver earlier.
Lets see what happens tonight when VFL team is announced. That would be this week's injury report in a round about way.

IMO Boyd has had a couple weeks in the VFL, and Cottrell one, so they are the closest returns from recent injury lists.
As long as they are training and being held back I'm fine.

Marchbank and Martin didn't look to be another 3 weeks with a calf at yesterday's training. Owies is a test and looked fine.
Getting Owies back for Honey will be closer to getting our best side on the field. Cottrell for Fisher would be even better.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
How about we just put a pause on all the backslapping in this thread....it's making me nervous :lol:

I know what you mean. I just hope the boys don't get ahead of themselves.

One week at a time.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
Marchbank, Martin, Cuningham all still 3 weeks off with the same leg injury. Laughable.

Why? The three you name are very injury prone. We are being very cautious and buidling up slowly to give them the best chance. The way it should be

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 12:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Is there one? afl list, carlton list, sen list, Foxsports list. Eye test list.

What is a correct, up to date injury list?

Doc was suppose to be out for another couple weeks based on an "official" club injury list.
Walsh was ready a few weeks prior to being "allowed" to play, when some thought he'd never return the same player.
Saad was 1-2 weeks.....
Martin was 1-2 weeks....

I think the approach thus far has been to report worse case and deliver earlier.
Lets see what happens tonight when VFL team is announced. That would be this week's injury report in a round about way.

IMO Boyd has had a couple weeks in the VFL, and Cottrell one, so they are the closest returns from recent injury lists.
As long as they are training and being held back I'm fine.

Marchbank and Martin didn't look to be another 3 weeks with a calf at yesterday's training. Owies is a test and looked fine.
Getting Owies back for Honey will be closer to getting our best side on the field. Cottrell for Fisher would be even better.

I don't know when Marchbank Cuningham & Martin will be back, but they are in full training. Important to make sure they are 100% ready to go. They break down too easily.

We want them all up and going for the second half of the year. At this stage they aren't vital to our side

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Why? The three you name are very injury prone. We are being very cautious and buidling up slowly to give them the best chance. The way it should be

I think you answered your own question

Mate we have been cautiously building them up since late last year and how many games have they played?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Paddycripps wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Mate we have been cautiously building them up since late last year and how many games have they played?

Yet the same players keep breaking down. So I would be even more cautious

The bottom line with Marchbank Cuningham & Martin is they have never been on the park consistently in their careers. IMO that says more about them than the fitness staff

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

We can't kick them off our list.
We have to do what's best for them and the team.
Its a good idea to have them ready to rumble when needed, if needed, like we did last year in rounds 22 & 23.
Next year is another story. Marchbank and cuningham are out of contract. I dont think they will get another ccontract unless of course Russell has worked a miracle, they break into the team and become stars, or increase their trade value.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:55 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Paddycripps wrote:

laughable?, that's good news!! Let us down time and time again over the years and need to go.

Post subject: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 6:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Paddycripps wrote:

At least if they’re not playing they’re less likely to get injured again (slightly)

Nek minnit one of them stubs a toe and shatters every bone in his body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post subject: Injury thread 2023
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 6:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Honestly none of those 3 even deserve to come in or need to come in if they were fit this week.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
Honestly none of those 3 even deserve to come in or need to come in if they were fit this week.

There's no way they would even be considered for this week or next week, and probably the next one after that.
They may not even be selected in the reserves this week, or next.
When they do they will bolster the reserves team and put pressure on spots imo.

Owies will take HF before Martin does.
Kemp is making a name for himself and may get a block of games ahead of Marchbank.

If anyone is, Owies, Boyd and Cottrell are building towards a recall in the AFL in the next few games.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Traveller86 wrote:
Just out of a matter of interest were you saying the same thing about Charlie when he was missing for 2 years and hurt himself clowning around.

There is not much up there is there . Significant amounts of empty space

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Surrey showing his age. He must be old nowdays. He was once young and hip. :wink:

Its a great saying.

For those not aware of the roots of :garthp: . "Garthp" was a Saints supporter who use to visit TC with the most outlandish comments, so far fetched, so consistently wrong, someone at TC created the :garthp: emoticon. :clap:

Yep - Just a grumpy old man now Bondi. Moving towards 60 does that to you. :wink:
CFC need to hurry up and get their act together. I don't have long now. :razz:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:53 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

Its a great saying.

And of course that poster’s username was in tribute to Garth Pickford, a ruckman who played reserves footy for both the Blues and the Saints: https://www.blueseum.org/Garth+Pickford

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Wasn't there talk that he actually was garth pickford?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1077 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 54  Next