Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 139  Next
 Post subject: List Management 2023
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 4:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I’d much prefer our players were always running and moving and creating chaos, and that we constantly kicked for leading players or took a risk and centred the ball. Maybe we would have still lost but at least we would have tried.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:21 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

To many introverts in this team.
Introverts are not going to step up when it counts.
We have an entire list of introverts

Need extroverts

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: List Management 2023
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:27 pm 
formerly Fevola

Sydney Blue wrote:

Need extroverts

This !! I have been saying this for years. We have too many goody two shoes. We need mongrels, arrogant players who hate losing.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

Watching Toby Greene right now, if I could steal one player from any team in the league it'd be him. Genius footballer, and snide.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 5:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sydney Blue wrote:

Need extroverts

:thumbsup:

Its so obvious. Has been for 2 decades. Mummies boys

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:48 pm 
Bert Deacon

bondiblue wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Need extroverts

:thumbsup:

Its so obvious. Has been for 2 decades. Mummies boys

Yeah. Mummies' boys. Doull, Nicholls, Hunter, Fitzpatrick. Never stepped up. Woozers.

Where do you get this shit from?

Studies have shown that people who continuously post on internet forums, are usually Mormons.

Last edited by billy_bongo on Sat May 27, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 7:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

They were playing 2 decades ago?

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:02 pm 
Bert Deacon

CK95 wrote:

Oh sorry. Didn't introverts exist in the 20th Century?

Mmmm. You post quite frequently as well....

Last edited by billy_bongo on Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:04 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Point taken Mick.

Last edited by Blue Vain on Sat May 27, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

I think Billy bongo's point was that Doull et al were introverted but also tough as nails. Probably should have replied to syd instead of Bondi, mind...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

GreatEx wrote:
I think Billy bongo's point was that Doull et al were introverted but also tough as nails. Probably should have replied to syd instead of Bondi, mind...

Exactly . Very quiet blokes off field but tough and as hard as nails when they crossed the white line .

P S ............... i don't want to put my nose into other peoples quarrels , BUT , boys , pull up . A heap of fantastic knowledgeable posters on here . Let 'em speak . We can all learn from each other .

The Carlton Football Club .................... Now Always Forever .

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:23 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Don’t think anyone was suggesting an introvert can’t be a great footballer.

More that a team needs a mix and our current team is massively unbalanced with an oversupply of introverts.

We need a good dose of cauliflower injected into that team.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Recycled players...

Pearce, Spalding, Clape, Hogg, Rice, Madden, Williams, Manton

It's not the fact that they're recycled. It's the system and club culture you bring them into and the leadership under which they play.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 8:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It's ok to have your introverts.
Just not a whole team of them.
Johnston Buzz McClure Buckley Jones.
Compliment Doull Jezza and co.

Same applies to Sticks Rhys Jones Williams Madden Campo Kouta complimented by Braddles Mackay Ratten

You need a blend we currently don't have one extrovert and it shows up . Every time there is a chance to take the game on ,step up and win they shit themselves.

I will bet once it is basically mathematical impossible for us to make finals we will play the best football all year we will knock everyone off.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 pm 
Bert Deacon

Blue Vain wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Take no notice. That's his style. Sits back trying to be a smart arse, taking potshots at other posters and just embarrasses himself doing so.
I thought he'd moved on for good after being laughed at last week.

Ah BV. Sorry I didn't reply to your post praising Kennedy. The thread was closed.

In that post, you said this:

Quote:
Kennedy had the most centre clearances for us. Where was he sitting in the last quarter when the Dogs got on a run? The bench.

These two sentences would be commonly be interpreted as Kennedy dominated the clearances for us. So why was he rotated to the bench when the Dogs got a run on in the last quarter?
Is that a fair enough understanding of your intent? And they would also have thought that you thought it was a tactical error by the Carlton brains trust to take him off. In my reply, I used the word "blunder" instead of error but you went all semantic - an old internet trick.

The truth of the matter is you were being somewhat deceptive. Kennedy only had two (2) centre clearances for the game, both in the first half. Therefore, for the sake of accuracy and honesty, your above statement should have read:

Quote:
Kennedy had two centre clearances for the game, both in the first half. Where was he sitting in the last quarter when the Dogs got on a run? The bench

This doesn't make much sense now, does it? You will probably claim that there is no connection between the two sentences and that you were merely enquiring about Kennedy's seating arrangements for the game.

Plus in the last quarter, Kennedy got one (1) kick, three (3) handballs - one a SI (Walsh's goal I think), one went no where (maybe not his fault) and the other ok; he gave away 3 free kicks (2 caught with the ball, one over zealous tackles). Oh yes, and no clearances.

So maybe he got rotated off - twice - because he was having zero impact.

Kennedy's clearance history also does not point to him - as you imagine - single-handedly holding back the Dogs' run via the centre bounce. His average clearances - CB and stoppages - for this year are 2.8 per game (2.9 career). Hewitt averages 3.4 and Cerra 5. Cripps is the beast (altho not at the moment) with over 7.

As for Kennedy being on Bont, I said he wasn't exclusively on Bont. I'm talking about times Bont and Kennedy were in the same centre bounce or stoppage. So there were a number of times when Cripps was on Bont and Kennedy was on Libba, Smith or Daniels, or stoppages on Libba and Macrae. That's just what I noticed, altho you probably got your info from Vossy or the kids from afl.com.au.

Now you've around a long time and have been the go-to poster for sensible footy opinions. BUt you've gone a bit fanboy recently and your infatuation with certain players (like Kennedy) have robbed you of your previous objectivity. I've noticed a few posters going on about Kennedy the clearance beast and they've probably been reading your recent posts.

With reputation goes responsibility.

And thanks for this opportunity to reply.

** And just on Kennedy, he's from Collingulie, which is in my area and I therefore have shown an interest in his AFL career (along with Hopper) by watching GWS games (esp when Carlton were looking at him and Hopper). He didn't play much on ball when I watched, playing mostly half back, wing, half forward. I figured GWS was having a look at him in a number of possies so they could decide who they would let go. I see him as a good soldier, who will always give his best (and a good solid mark). However, he's bit slow, which by itself may not be a big issue but the problem is his mates (Cripps, Hewitt and to a lesser extent Cerra) aren't exactly speedsters. And I see this lack of pace in our midfield as one of our biggest problems.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:26 pm 
Bert Deacon

Sydney Blue wrote:

I somewhat agree with this - there'd be a mixture and they'd compliment each other.

But you also said: Introverts are not going to step up when it counts.. Does that apply to Braddles Mackay Ratten.

Sydney Blue wrote:
You need a blend we currently don't have one extrovert and it shows up .

So your a psychoanalyst now?

Sydney Blue wrote:
Every time there is a chance to take the game on ,step up and win they shit themselves.

So the introverts shit themselves?

You're a Sydney boy, I assume. Do you remember Les Boyd?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:32 pm 
Bert Deacon

GWS wrote:
Don’t think anyone was suggesting an introvert can’t be a great footballer.

But they don't stand up when it counts and they shit thmselves...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Most disappointing side in the AFL for the talent on the list
GC Hawthorn GWS all less talent all show more grit aptitude and will for contest

Really is disgraceful we are now 13 th
What the hell are the players and coaches doing

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

billy_bongo wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Take no notice. That's his style. Sits back trying to be a smart arse, taking potshots at other posters and just embarrasses himself doing so.
I thought he'd moved on for good after being laughed at last week.

Ah BV. Sorry I didn't reply to your post praising Kennedy. The thread was closed.

In that post, you said this:

Quote:
Kennedy had the most centre clearances for us. Where was he sitting in the last quarter when the Dogs got on a run? The bench.

These two sentences would be commonly be interpreted as Kennedy dominated the clearances for us. So why was he rotated to the bench when the Dogs got a run on in the last quarter?
Is that a fair enough understanding of your intent? And they would also have thought that you thought it was a tactical error by the Carlton brains trust to take him off. In my reply, I used the word "blunder" instead of error but you went all semantic - an old internet trick.

The truth of the matter is you were being somewhat deceptive. Kennedy only had two (2) centre clearances for the game, both in the first half. Therefore, for the sake of accuracy and honesty, your above statement should have read:

Quote:
Kennedy had two centre clearances for the game, both in the first half. Where was he sitting in the last quarter when the Dogs got on a run? The bench

This doesn't make much sense now, does it? You will probably claim that there is no connection between the two sentences and that you were merely enquiring about Kennedy's seating arrangements for the game.

Plus in the last quarter, Kennedy got one (1) kick, three (3) handballs - one a SI (Walsh's goal I think), one went no where (maybe not his fault) and the other ok; he gave away 3 free kicks (2 caught with the ball, one over zealous tackles). Oh yes, and no clearances.

So maybe he got rotated off - twice - because he was having zero impact.

Kennedy's clearance history also does not point to him - as you imagine - single-handedly holding back the Dogs' run via the centre bounce. His average clearances - CB and stoppages - for this year are 2.8 per game (2.9 career). Hewitt averages 3.4 and Cerra 5. Cripps is the beast (altho not at the moment) with over 7.

As for Kennedy being on Bont, I said he wasn't exclusively on Bont. I'm talking about times Bont and Kennedy were in the same centre bounce or stoppage. So there were a number of times when Cripps was on Bont and Kennedy was on Libba, Smith or Daniels, or stoppages on Libba and Macrae. That's just what I noticed, altho you probably got your info from Vossy or the kids from afl.com.au.

Now you've around a long time and have been the go-to poster for sensible footy opinions. BUt you've gone a bit fanboy recently and your infatuation with certain players (like Kennedy) have robbed you of your previous objectivity. I've noticed a few posters going on about Kennedy the clearance beast and they've probably been reading your recent posts.

With reputation goes responsibility.

And thanks for this opportunity to reply.

** And just on Kennedy, he's from Collingulie, which is in my area and I therefore have shown an interest in his AFL career (along with Hopper) by watching GWS games (esp when Carlton were looking at him and Hopper). He didn't play much on ball when I watched, playing mostly half back, wing, half forward. I figured GWS was having a look at him in a number of possies so they could decide who they would let go. I see him as a good soldier, who will always give his best (and a good solid mark). However, he's bit slow, which by itself may not be a big issue but the problem is his mates (Cripps, Hewitt and to a lesser extent Cerra) aren't exactly speedsters. And I see this lack of pace in our midfield as one of our biggest problems.

Nice revision of history billy.
Normally I wouldn't bother with trash like this but if the mods are happy for you to cruise around the site offering no insight and taking piss weak potshots. I should set the record straight.
You were being your usual smart arse self saying I "misinformed" the site in claiming Kennedy played on Bont. The coaches openly confirmed I was correct after they game.
You were embarrassingly wrong. The posts are there for everyone to see.

Your comments about centre bounces are simplistic nonsense as well. The relevant statistic isn't centre clearances per game, it's effective centre bounces per attendance. Cripps isn't the beast. Although it may appear that way to simpletons. Cerra actually wins more centre bounces per attendance. Cripps second, Kennedy third.
The point I made last week was when we were behind with a few minutes to go, Docherty was in the centre bounce instead of Kennedy.
As Sydney Blue beautifully countered to another of your smart arse comments elsewhere, Docherty has attended 50+ centre bounces this year for 1 clearance. 1! And yet when the game needed to be won, he attended 2 of 3 centre clearances that saw the opposition kick 3 goals and take the game away from us.

So run along and let those who are serious discuss footy. I don't need smart arse's doing drive-by's trying to keyboard heroes.
You baited me with 3 or 4 posts taking potshots at me last week when I haven't responded to any of your baiting previously. But I'm not here to be continually stalked by combative flower. Your history shows you're just a clueless clown who cruises around taking shots at posters. Nothing more.

Oh, and thanks for this opportunity to reply.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

billy_bongo wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

I somewhat agree with this - there'd be a mixture and they'd compliment each other.

But you also said: Introverts are not going to step up when it counts.. Does that apply to Braddles Mackay Ratten.

Sydney Blue wrote:
You need a blend we currently don't have one extrovert and it shows up .

So your a psychoanalyst now?

Sydney Blue wrote:
Every time there is a chance to take the game on ,step up and win they shit themselves.

So the introverts shit themselves?

You're a Sydney boy, I assume. Do you remember Les Boyd?

I was in the crowd on Friday night I could hear the wind whistle through their arse cheeks every time they were lining up for goal.

Don't need to be a head shrink to figure that out.

They are timid and the moment pressure is applied to them they go to pieces.
Owies chance to put us 16 points up 10 minutes into the game practically missed his foot.
Motlop Curnow twice and Harry with chances to grab lead in 2nd all missed gettable goals.
Cripps on the siren of half time to give momentum missed.
3rd quarter 3 set shots missed to put us in front all missed.
Last quarter 3 shots all missed Harry drops chest mark. The Swans got bored trying to let us win.
Introverts frightened of making a mistake frightened that expectations might be just to much.
Who is our Papley or Toby or Degoey or Bolton or Martin our Charlie Cameron, Stengle Rankine Stringer . Who is that player who can kick that clutch goal at the right moment.
Who is that bloke that breaks open the midfield.
Who does a Blakey and time and time again backs himself to break the lines.
Who is our Moore or Stewart or Lever or May who has the courage to back themselves and leave opponent to take that intercepting mark.
Who would you want standing behind you if a brawl broke out in a Pub.

No one not one of them

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 139  Next