Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 139  Next
 Post subject: Re: List Management 2023
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

Apparently Pitto re-signed for 4 years taking him up till 2027 today....

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1338940?fbclid=IwAR19uQYRuk5qfJOBf6MRy2Tij0mqgP55etjj1-6-yIFX-IsEQI0B6k0HMR0

Does this give more fuel to the TDK is leaving fire?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 6:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

dannyboy wrote:
keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
really is that what you've been saying? Where have you written that?

When you got a guy who has collected over 3 million dollars and the club gives up 3 decent picks stick his arm out rather than put his body on the line it shits me
Does it shit you
Meanwhile the guys I mention play like they give a shit
It’sfucking embarrassing to me

I’ll keep banging on about it until the club stops overrating the list and recruiting overrated pea hearts like Mc Govern and Martin on long term lucrative contracts

Why don’t you write a poem about it

Just wanted to see if you would bite :wink:

What are you going to do in retirement
Some blokes find it hard to adjust
I can give you a few tips if you like

No need my publisher and I have 2 more novels planned (and 4 already written that will need to be published over the next 5 or so years) when I retire at the end of this year, then there is travel, plus my son wants to write a film with me and I thought I'd probably teach myself to play the piano, plus there is cooking, gardening etc...who knows maybe do a bit of acting again...I think I'll be fine without your help but thank you for the offer.

That’s terrific
Yeah I spend my retirement playing music with a gorgeous woman who sings beautifully
I have lovely partner of 23 years
My 3 kids now adults are all happy and most importantly are independent from their parents mind, body and soul
I don’t live in the hustle and bustle of metropolitan Victoria with the stench of carbon monoxide wafting through the air, living in pristine paradise called Busselton in beautiful South Western Australia
Handicap is 15 hope to get this down whilst hanging shit on mates who give it back to you so that box is ticked which all blokes need unless you’re an upstart snobby prick.
We just have to fix this stupid footy club club that we have to put with every weekend

And no need to travel overseas
Come and visit me
We can go to wineries breweries beautiful beaches
There is even an amateur theater company you can join if you choose to live here and we become mates

Somehow I think that won’t happen

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:

That’s terrific
Yeah I spend my retirement playing music with a gorgeous woman who sings beautifully
My 3 kids now adults are all happy and most importantly are independent from their parents mind, body and soul
I don’t live in the hustle and bustle of metropolitan Victoria with the stench of carbon monoxide wafting through the air, living in pristine paradise called Busselton in beautiful South Western Australia
Handicap is 15 hope to get this down whilst hanging shit on mates who give it back to you so that box is ticked which all blokes need unless you’re an upstart snobby prick.
We just have to fix this stupid footy club club that we have to put with every weekend

Come and visit me
There is even an amateur theater company you can join if you choose to live here and we become mates

I can see you on that jetty, that looooong jetty at Busselltoe.
Great part of the world. Everyone knows the region.
I think my Father in law owns something there...
If you're 30 ish orolder, and you want t pick something that will be NNSW appreciation in 20 years. Bussell toe.
Still gets cold, like Albany, like Melbourne, and sydney.....well, not as cold as melbourne.

You're just loyal like the rest of us, especially those still alive to experience all those flags from 68 to 95, 99 :wink:
Our time will come, and we are in a better spot now than, what sems forever ago.

I don't have an issue with our Governance.
I am sus about any change to the Constitution, till, when we know, if we don't change it, it means bust, or cut by a thousand straps, mediocre

But its all about the team on the weekend that matters in the middle of the year.
I love the post from london the other day about building from today instead of thinking rebuild, and failure.

Its not as easy as it seems.
I never thought Id see the day the New Power Club with the biggest wallet, WCE would end so low so quick. I thought they learned their lesson after their last golden era.
We have a foundation, and contracts to McGovern and Martin which will be bygones soon. Cuningham, Marchbank, Philp, Dow, Ed, Fog will all be gone.

We have 15 hot players, some need a bit more development, TDK, Hollands, Motlop, Durdin, Kemp, Cowans, Honey, Binns. There 10 newies coming over nest 2 years.
I really like Austin in charge of List.

Now back to the scene...
It is known, there is a resident clown at The Bussel Toe Theatre ... they tell me he says he barracks for Carlton. Do you know anything 'bout that? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:01 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
keogh wrote:

That’s terrific

Come and visit me

I can see you on that jetty, that looooong jetty at Busselltoe.
Great part of the world. Everyone knows the region.
I think my Father in law owns something there...
If you're 30 ish orolder, and you want t pick something that will be NNSW appreciation in 20 years. Bussell toe.
Still gets cold, like Albany, like Melbourne, and sydney.....well, not as cold as melbourne.

You're just loyal like the rest of us, especially those still alive to experience all those flags from 68 to 95, 99 :wink:
Our time will come, and we are in a better spot now than, what sems forever ago.

I don't have an issue with our Governance.
I am sus about any change to the Constitution, till, when we know, if we don't change it, it means bust, or cut by a thousand straps, mediocre

But its all about the team on the weekend that matters in the middle of the year.
I love the post from london the other day about building from today instead of thinking rebuild, and failure.

Its not as easy as it seems.
I never thought Id see the day the New Power Club with the biggest wallet, WCE would end so low so quick. I thought they learned their lesson after their last golden era.
We have a foundation, and contracts to McGovern and Martin which will be bygones soon. Cuningham, Marchbank, Philp, Dow, Ed, Fog will all be gone.

We have 15 hot players, some need a bit more development, TDK, Hollands, Motlop, Durdin, Kemp, Cowans, Honey, Binns. There 10 newies coming over nest 2 years.
I really like Austin in charge of List.

Now back to the scene...
It is known, there is a resident clown at The Bussel Toe Theatre ... they tell me he says he barracks for Carlton. Do you know anything 'bout that? :wink:

Nah
All good people here

Post subject: List Management 2023
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 pm 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
Crusader wrote:
keogh wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
really is that what you've been saying? Where have you written that?

When you got a guy who has collected over 3 million dollars and the club gives up 3 decent picks stick his arm out rather than put his body on the line it shits me
Does it shit you
Meanwhile the guys I mention play like they give a shit
It’sfucking embarrassing to me

I’ll keep banging on about it until the club stops overrating the list and recruiting overrated pea hearts like Mc Govern and Martin on long term lucrative contracts

Why don’t you write a poem about it

Key-oh!
Way to go.
Wants to give Brackets the old heave-ho.
Oh Key-oh!
Have a piddle-o
In Shane McAdam’s pockets.

What did you think of McGovern on the weekend
Seriously what did you think
What do you think about why we got him
What do you think about what we potentially gave up for him
What do you think about the money he has been on
What do you think about the clubs recruiting
What do you think about McAdams output compared to McGoverns
What do you think about the same tired old rhetoric coming from the captain the coach the head of football the President

Do you think?

What do you think about the clubs last 20 years

None of that rhymes, pretty ordinary poem.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:18 am 
Geoff Southby

We should be looking at Sam Flanders from the Suns.

Quote:
A HOST of clubs are keeping tabs on former Gold Coast first-round pick Sam Flanders, as the young midfielder continues to vie for his spot in coach Stuart Dew's plans after an early-season knee injury.

The Suns are yet to begin discussions with Flanders over a new deal beyond this season, having broken through for only four senior games this year after battling an MCL injury that he sustained in April.

Flanders has enjoyed a scintillating period in the VFL – averaging 33.7 disposals, 9.7 marks and 5.6 clearances from his past three games upon his return from injury – leading to interest from a series of Victorian clubs.

The former Gippsland Power product, who turns 22 in July, has played 34 games from his four seasons at Gold Coast. He was recruited with the No.11 selection in the 2019 national draft, after the Suns traded up to call his name on the night.

Flanders enjoyed a standout pre-season and looked to have cemented his spot in Gold Coast's midfield before being struck by injury, having won 19 disposals and kicked two goals in the side's round one defeat to Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/932594/rivals-circle-demon-deal-close-for-dog-clubs-track-troubled-roo

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

keogh wrote:
It’s the messiah culture repeating itself over and over again

Well said Keogh, I don't always agree with you but you're bang on about this.

You don't even have to venture away from this forum to see how much this is embedded in this club psyche.

The delusion that we can quickly fix our problems by sacking a coach, by bringing in one player or removing another. Dismissing role playing average players (Pittonet) because they're not elite superstars.

I could go on and on.

Enough of this shit.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 pm 
Robert Walls

Build on what we’ve got and make a difference now

Those that look forward with a messiah solution in many ways are similar to those that keep bringing up the past mistakes. Looking forward or looking back.

We are we are now and we have an opportunity to get it right. The sky hasnt fallen. And we re assess end of year by making the calls on redundant needs.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 12:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Sidefx wrote:

Quote:
A HOST of clubs are keeping tabs on former Gold Coast first-round pick Sam Flanders, as the young midfielder continues to vie for his spot in coach Stuart Dew's plans after an early-season knee injury.

The Suns are yet to begin discussions with Flanders over a new deal beyond this season, having broken through for only four senior games this year after battling an MCL injury that he sustained in April.

Flanders has enjoyed a scintillating period in the VFL – averaging 33.7 disposals, 9.7 marks and 5.6 clearances from his past three games upon his return from injury – leading to interest from a series of Victorian clubs.

The former Gippsland Power product, who turns 22 in July, has played 34 games from his four seasons at Gold Coast. He was recruited with the No.11 selection in the 2019 national draft, after the Suns traded up to call his name on the night.

Flanders enjoyed a standout pre-season and looked to have cemented his spot in Gold Coast's midfield before being struck by injury, having won 19 disposals and kicked two goals in the side's round one defeat to Sydney.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/932594/rivals-circle-demon-deal-close-for-dog-clubs-track-troubled-roo

You could substitute the name Paddy Dow and it would read the same.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

True.
So if Sam has Value, Paddy might.

Post subject: List Management 2023
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

Gee not only do you have t o contend with the go home factor, but also the bromance factor. We tried it with finbar and bsos and also managed to slaughter it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 2:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jordan from Demons is a FA. Good tough running mid
Gresham from Saints is a FA. Very good player but injury prone. Type we need

Let TDK & McGovern go

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 3:17 pm 
Garry Crane

i don t want NAME players "haven't we learned former pick 11,12 " i would rather have a Jordan from melb then Gresham from saints for example.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 4:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

AGRO wrote:
Sidefx wrote:

Quote:

You could substitute the name Paddy Dow and it would read the same.

Swap.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 4:41 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
True.
So if Sam has Value, Paddy might.

Unfortunately Paddy has zero value. Every club knows we'll delist him
So it'll either be a Setterfield type trade. Pick 63 for Setterfield and pick 64, or they get him as DFA.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Clubs will get another free hit at one of our players. They don't need to bother to trade for Paddy.
He will sign on as a DFA with whoever he wants or wants him. He knows that and clubs know that!!!!
Don't try to sell it any other way.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 9:09 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
Clubs will get another free hit at one of our players. They don't need to bother to trade for Paddy.
He will sign on as a DFA with whoever he wants or wants him. He knows that and clubs know that!!!!

Dow had a player option on his last contract. Vossy told him - and us - that he wasn’t going to play.

Paddy either didn’t get the message, or ignored it, and opted in. If he lets that option slide, he gets traded last year.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Just posted the Reserves team.

If Young plays reserves ie not named sub then he's been selected to play forward.

This may be the start of the Forward -ruck experiment.

Maybe Voss has dreams of TDK and Young as Ruck Forward combo, now that Pitto is secured for 4 years.

Only problem with that is Sam Durdin's injury (injury prone?) leaves us short in the backline with Gov and Kemp as KPD's

If Durdin was up and firing as he was preseason, then Young could be the ruck forward if/ when TDK earns the No 1 ruck role.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 9:53 am 
Rod Ashman

Crusader wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Dow had a player option on his last contract. Vossy told him - and us - that he wasn’t going to play.

Paddy either didn’t get the message, or ignored it, and opted in. If he lets that option slide, he gets traded last year.

Given his form, to not give him a chance is shortsighted.

It does not set the right tone and damages trust.

Voss should coach the 2s based on performance, maybe then Dow would get that chance

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 10:45 am 
Rod Ashman

DesEnglish wrote:
Crusader wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Given his form, to not give him a chance is shortsighted.

It does not set the right tone and damages trust.

Voss should coach the 2s based on performance, maybe then Dow would get that chance

If selection was based on purely the number of possessions a player gets then fair enough.
If its based on the efficiency of those possessions then maybe not.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 139  Next