Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 2022 B&F
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Are all the winners and top 10 in the B&F listed anywhere? I can’t seem to find on the club website…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: 2022 B&F
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

1. Patrick Cripps - 181 votes
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I am surprised Saad didn't finish a little higher. He was one of our best players in 2022. Would not have lowered his colours many times if at all. Maybe one poor game. His run and ball use off HB was top shelf. Rewarded with AA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

There will always be small nuances in different awards.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Incredible effort by Cripps. Is a real chance to equal Nick's record in the next few years. Walsh likely to take over soon so Paddy would want to win another soon if he can.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

How many votes did Jacob get?

Post subject: 2022 B&F
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:32 am 
Rod Ashman

Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

Thank you :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

Every player from Saad and above could have easily made the AA squad.
If Harry didnt get injured he could have given the Coleman a shake too.

Well done Crippa, and what an amazing year from Docherty. :clap:

I still can't believe the selectors would even consider leaving Doc out of the AA squad after he had featured in most of the conversations for the HB all year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

Every player from Saad and above could have easily made the AA squad.
If Harry didnt get injured he could have given the Coleman a shake too.

Well done Crippa, and what an amazing year from Docherty. :clap:

I still can't believe the selectors would even consider leaving Doc out of the AA squad after he had featured in most of the conversations for the HB all year.

Bingo. Doc should have been in AA team. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:32 am 
Geoff Southby

Congrats . Fully deserved . Cripps is the new Sticks .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:18 pm 
Robert Walls

SurreyBlue wrote:
If you can't see the relevance that I am highlighting comparing the B&F players to an AA guernsey - then look in the mirror and call yourself whatever you please.............but don't insult my knowledge, especially behind a keyboard. That I have never taken lightly!!!!

:lol: You're funny!

This is an online forum - if I can't say something from behind a keyboard, then what do you expect me to do? Jump on a flight to Melbourne and meet you in a dark alley somewhere?! :lol:

Look, the only relevance an AA guernsey has to this discussion is that Saad earnt one this year. You said he didn't have a good overall year. You are clearly wrong and the football world disagrees with you. I can't remember the last time a player earned an AA guernsey that didn't have a good year for their club. It is literally an oxymoron.

Conversely, you can certainly have an excellent year for your club but miss out on an AA guernsey - it happens every year! There is only 22 spots up for grabs from 18 clubs.

It is not my fault that you take pointing out an obvious flaw in your rationale personally.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:47 pm 
Robert Walls

Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

Fantastic year by Cripps after so many doubted he would ever regain his form - well deserved!!

Seriously impressive years by Doc and Charlie after everyone (including me) doubted that they could get back to their best. Doc should've been AA this year, but it was going to be a tough ask to get both of our back flankers in. Imagine the kicker-twisting if they did!! :lol: Next year is your year, Sam. :wink:

Sam Walsh is.... Sam Walsh. He will win a few more of these medals yet.

Hewett and Cerra were seriously impressive in their first years, Hewett more so, but I felt Cerra was hitting his straps at the end of the year. 2023 will be a big year for him. I think these two will be fighting it out at the top of the medal count next year.

Saad had a fantastic year and I honestly expected him to be top 3. You know a guy has well and truly answered his critics when said critics don't mutter a single word throughout the season and there is no outrage when he makes the AA team. This is a man in his prime with a mission to win a flag.

Harry polled well considering he missed/played quite a few games with injury. I have a feeling he will be better than ever next year.

Great to see Fisher and Kennedy in the top 10. Two players that improved significantly under Voss and a better team structure.

The best bit is that there are no average players in this list. In the past, we would have a great top 2 or 3 and then the quality would drop away massively. Onwards and upwards in 2023! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Mil Hanna wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

Fantastic year by Cripps after so many doubted he would ever regain his form - well deserved!!

Seriously impressive years by Doc and Charlie after everyone (including me) doubted that they could get back to their best. Doc should've been AA this year, but it was going to be a tough ask to get both of our back flankers in. Imagine the kicker-twisting if they did!! :lol: Next year is your year, Sam. :wink:

Hewett and Cerra were seriously impressive in their first years, Hewett more so, but I felt Cerra was hitting his straps at the end of the year. 2023 will be a big year for him. I think these two will be fighting it out at the top of the medal count next year.

Saad had a fantastic year and I honestly expected him to be top 3. You know a guy has well and truly answered his critics when said critics don't mutter a single word throughout the season and there is no outrage when he makes the AA team. This is a man in his prime with a mission to win a flag.

Harry polled well considering he missed/played quite a few games with injury. I have a feeling he will be better than ever next year.

Great to see Fisher and Kennedy in the top 10. Two players that improved significantly under Voss and a better team structure.

The best bit is that there are no average players in this list. In the past, we would have a great top 2 or 3 and then the quality would drop away massively. Onwards and upwards in 2023! :thumbsup:

I would hope so given apart from Hewett and Saad they are all first round draft picks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:23 am 
Robert Walls

carntheblues wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:
2. Sam Docherty - 173
3. Sam Walsh - 163
4. Charlie Curnow - 149
5. George Hewett - 125
6. Adam Saad - 124
7. Harry McKay - 123
8. Zac Fisher - 117
9. Matt Kennedy - 111
10. Adam Cerra - 105

I would hope so given apart from Hewett and Saad they are all first round draft picks.

True, although the point still stands.

Perhaps it shows that we have finally been able to nail the high picks (and trade in quality players) to build a talented list capable of going the next step?