Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Best 23 Team in 2023
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
killpies wrote:

Its about right.

He hasn't considered Boyd for Fisher.

Whether Voss goes with TDK and SOS instead of Pitto is a wait and see.

I also think Marchbank's next game against GCS will determine where he plays. My guess is Marchy may play himself in good form, too good to leave out, and ahead of Kemp (if Marchy plays another good game), and Kemp goes for McGovern for the Finals.

I’d think Fisher would be a more likely omission for McGovern
I like Weiters, Kemp, Gov in defence. Along with Newman, Saad, Cincotta, plus a 7th rotating small/med defender.

Young & Marchbank solid depth players.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Best 23 Team in 2023
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
killpies wrote:

Its about right.

I also think Marchbank's next game against GCS will determine where he plays. My guess is Marchy may play himself in good form, too good to leave out, and ahead of Kemp (if Marchy plays another good game), and Kemp goes for McGovern for the Finals.

I like Weiters, Kemp, Gov in defence. Along with Newman, Saad, Cincotta, plus a 7th rotating small/med defender.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

Agree to that, but right now we have six defenders plus Fisher, I don’t see Fisher as a long term defender.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

CK95 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
killpies wrote:

Its about right.

Agree. Seems to be Boyd & Fisher fighting for the last spot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

That article isn't far off the mark BUT assumes we have a clean bill of health from here on... which I very much doubt.
There will be opportunities for some of those the article leaves out, unfortunately.
It will be fascinating to see how the MC goes - the beauty of the last few weeks is there is clear exposed good form at senior level upon which to make their decisions. Compared with earlier in the year when there would have been more speculation based on VFL form, and sub-standard seniors form across the board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:09 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

FarmerBlue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
killpies wrote:

Its about right.

Agree. Seems to be Boyd & Fisher fighting for the last spot

Agree too. As it sits currently Fisher is the incumbent and playing good footy despite what spin others want to put on it. It is his spot to lose.
Yes Boyd was stiff to cop 3 weeks but he did and Fish came in and took the opportunity and his spot. As long as his form continues, he keeps it. His form drops off and Boyd comes in. Pretty simple really.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

rhino27 wrote:
Agree too. As it sits currently Fisher is the incumbent and playing good footy despite what spin others want to put on it. It is his spot to lose.
Yes Boyd was stiff to cop 3 weeks but he did and Fish came in and took the opportunity and his spot. As long as his form continues, he keeps it. His form drops off and Boyd comes in. Pretty simple really.

Fisher has really impressed me. Only question is I haven't seen him play on anyone? Boyd can
I agree about incumbancy but match ups and roles are very important come finals.

Post subject: Best 23 Team in 2023
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

The way I see it Boyd is the better defender, Fisher gives you more offensively. While Boyd is a beautiful kick, Fisher finds more of the ball and is more creative with his ball use

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14