Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sydney Blue wrote:
you wonder if it is all bad luck or is it partly bad management

Or partly game style?

We're not exactly playing a low impact keepings off style football.

Except for LOB of course... :lol:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:34 pm 
John James

I think game style has a lot to do with it. Vossie's smash it out of the centre game plan works for players like himself and Cripps but might have a tendency to send everyone else to hospital.

We'll see if he's onto something if the team can do it over four quarters next year.

And, yes, I think I'll just say 'Walsh' to any filth supporters. I'm just not ready yet to be magnanimous.

Post subject: The Mourning After…!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

In a desperate hunt for positives, the Carlton/Collingwood rivalry is properly back.

Unless you're over 40 you probably just know the rivalry exists because your parents told you it did.

It's real. Not 'rivalry round' real like Hawthorn v North or Gold Coast vs Anyone.

It's real again. That's a very good thing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:03 am 
Bob Chitty

bluehammer wrote:
In a desperate hunt for positives, the Carlton/Collingwood rivalry is properly back.

Unless you're over 40 you probably just know the rivalry exists because your parents told you it did.

It's real. Not 'rivalry round' real like Hawthorn v North or Gold Coast vs Anyone.

It's real again. That's a very good thing.

and i feel like we a ships passing in the bay ... whilst collingwood are up now, they really are an older side (depsite what the media might want to sell) who still rely heavily on their experienced talent ... that for mine was the difference in the end, and has been the difference in some of our loses through the season.

we are alot younger, and learning our experiences ... we will get better, i cant see them winning 9 games by under a goal next year ...

we will enjoy the dominance for the next few years, they will enjoy that win, just like we enjoy 99 prelim :-)

we all talk of positives, but that is the huge positive for me this year. Win/Losses actually mean something for the first time in a long time. No dead rubbers anymore (again, something i hope we learn from this year ... every game, every goal, every sheppard makes a difference and is important to win)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:34 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxp4u4P9nk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'd love to see the stat on smothers. In my younger years when I did a little bit of coaching, smothers were one of the true indicators of intent. If the players were truly giving 100%, things like smothers were prevalent and celebrated. I watched Richmond on Thursday night and several of their goals resulted from players getting a hand to a ball in flight or deflecting it off the boot. It has been their method throughout this successful period. They wouldn't have been in the game Thursday without those efforts.
I don't see it from our team yet. I see half arsed efforts where the player jumps in front of the kicker with their back to the ball or puts a hand up in hope but that's not intent.
When we see the players sacrificing their bodies to gain that 1%, that's when we'll be a premiership contender. We have the potential now to be a very good side but the behaviours of elite performance are still there for us to adopt. Some of our players crave success but not at any cost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxp4u4P9nk

Haven't been able to get that song out of my head for a couple days now. Best version too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
It'd be pretty funny if after all these close wins they lost both finals by a kick :grin:

1 down, 1 to go :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Thank you linesman, thank you ball boys.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Who's feeling a bit better about the footy this morning? I reckon I am, about 10-20% better.

Really the first weekend of the finals could not have panned out much better in terms of our rivals.

Richmond - copped it from their supporters just as much as from Pies fans after rd 23. The fact that video call involved that tnuc Tom Lynch made it all the sweeter. And the 5 defenders letting Daniher through was more Carltonish than Carlton.

Melbourne - gave us the first of 2 knockout punches at the end of the year & Pickett had a shocker against the Swans, seemed to spend the whole night mouthing off instead of getting a kick. Reckon they will limp into a prelim & get thrashed. I like Max Gawn but I really hope that team ends up one hit wonders. Let's not forget their coach was at Essendon* during the drugs campaign :mad: :mad: .

Collingwood - say no more. Got some good friends who are Pies fans & were respectful in victory 2 weeks ago, but others, uuuugh, just horrible. I'll admit I was high 5-ing Cats fans at the G after the siren last night :oops: . But just so so happy with that result. EAD.

Dogs - Not really a Dogs hater but they took our spot & danced on our grave, especially the smug neighbours over at my ex's place. I spared a thought for them while they capitulated last night. Don't ever let a Dogs fan accuse us of choking.

Yes yes I know we didn't even make finals when the above did, but god it's therapeutic being a petty little man at times :grin:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:45 pm 
John Nicholls

CK95 wrote:

Really the first weekend of the finals could not have panned out much better in terms of our rivals.

100%

Nothing petty about responding in kind to those who gleefully served it up to us.

Won't be complete until the filth are unceremoniously exited.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
Who's feeling a bit better about the footy this morning? I reckon I am, about 10-20% better.

Richmond - copped it from their supporters just as much as from Pies fans after rd 23. The fact that video call involved that tnuc Tom Lynch made it all the sweeter. And the 5 defenders letting Daniher through was more Carltonish than Carlton.

Melbourne - gave us the first of 2 knockout punches at the end of the year & Pickett had a shocker against the Swans, seemed to spend the whole night mouthing off instead of getting a kick. Reckon they will limp into a prelim & get thrashed. I like Max Gawn but I really hope that team ends up one hit wonders. Let's not forget their coach was at Essendon** during the drugs campaign :mad: :mad: .

Collingwood - say no more. Got some good friends who are Pies fans & were respectful in victory 2 weeks ago, but others, uuuugh, just horrible. I'll admit I was high 5-ing Cats fans at the G after the siren last night :oops: . But just so so happy with that result. EAD.

Dogs - Not really a Dogs hater but they took our spot & danced on our grave, especially the smug neighbours over at my ex's place. I spared a thought for them while they capitulated last night. Don't ever let a Dogs fan accuse us of choking.

Yes yes I know we didn't even make finals when the above did, but god it's therapeutic being a petty little man at times :grin:
You were high fiving? You've gone too far!

Yeah I was thrilled with the weekends results. Normally I'm pretty good about not being that person who gets stuck in after a loss, but after Rd 23 all bets were off.

Last edited by missnaut on Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:23 pm 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:

Melbourne - gave us the first of 2 knockout punches at the end of the year & Pickett had a shocker against the Swans, seemed to spend the whole night mouthing off instead of getting a kick. Reckon they will limp into a prelim & get thrashed. I like Max Gawn but I really hope that team ends up one hit wonders. Let's not forget their coach was at Essendon** during the drugs campaign :mad: :mad: .

Yeah , being bitter and twisted has its place sometimes , like now ..............thats a great post CK ...........the footy wheel never stops turning . So , a dignified silence is the go too tactic number one .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:

The results over the weekend have taken some of the pain away.
I won't be satisfied until Collingwood and Melbourne are out

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:

Yep and with Sydney winning they are now on the tough side of the finals draw. Even if they defeat Freo this week they won't beat the Swans at the SCG.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
It'd be pretty funny if after all these close wins they lost both finals by a kick :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I’m still in mourning but I feel a bit better now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Nature has healed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
I’m still in mourning but I feel a bit better now

Same. Today helped. This whole finals series has.

Couldn't have asked for it better after we got knocked out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next