Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Like i said Veller….

it’s a disabled persons “exercise” at times…!

it’s hard to look forward to things…when
you can’t do things…!

no use me looking forward to a game of
golf…or a kick with my nephew…or take
the boat fishing…&#@$ i can’t even
look forward to going for a DRIVE…!

but i can look forward to the game on
the weekend…!

I’m not saying i look forward to it more
than anyone else here…because we’re
ALL nuts here…clearly…!

it’s just as someone who’s now classified
as…well i hate %#@&ING saying it…
ostensibly I’m disabled…!

physically…and now visually…!

hey…it’s better…at least i can do THIS
now…although it’s still tough…!

I’m basically a shut in these days…hey
don’t get me wrong…i have a beautiful home
and great friends…and feel quite blessed
really…!

but the mourning part is there…because like
you…that joy we get from the club playing
well and winning…?

well…there’s not much i can do these days
that gives me that same joy*…!

but when the opposite happens…well…
it’s tough finding a replacement…!

kindest regards tommi

* the things that bring me joy…

-my family…(i don’t have kids…but my sister does)
-jamming with my boys…
-my 30 year old hairdresser coming over
to cut my hair in her boob tube…!

How did your hair get in her boob tube? :sly:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:30 pm 
John James

Yes, Tommi, mourning and embarrassed, but mostly mourning...an opportunity (or several) gone begging.

I might feel more embarrassed if we had a full side in &/or produced four quarters of shit &/or hadn't had quite a few episodes of class and grunt throughout the year that we just couldn't apply consistently, &/or we hadn't been ROBBED of an early Cripps sealer by overzealous (?) umpiring (there, I said it, even though it's not the appropriate thread).

The jokes at our expense will come, but that third quarter alone will be playing on the minds of opposition fans over the summer. We have the building blocks.

So, yes, embarrassment - and you summed it up, missnaut, with our tragically precise near-miss of the pin - but the overriding feeling - for how long, I don't know - is mourning...for a season that promised so much and fell away so pathetically. And I'm not even allowed to drown my sorrows for the next few weeks for medical reasons. :sad:

But surely the upside is that we will be back with a vengeance next year. I remember 1977's failure, 1978's early exit but with the confidence that we would dominate '79, and the collective effort of Blues fans in keeping a lid on it throughout '95 after the car crashes of '93 and especially '94. And if Collingwood fans see this week as payback for events of 40 or 50 years ago, then we obviously haven't been doing it as tough as them all this time. The wheel is turning, and not a hamster one. Go Blues. :fight:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

I've decided it is now cricket season and I don't even like cricket!

Although I could kick a cat!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:36 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fenwick Snap wrote:
Yes, Tommi, mourning and embarrassed, but mostly mourning...an opportunity (or several) gone begging.

I might feel more embarrassed if we had a full side in &/or produced four quarters of shit &/or hadn't had quite a few episodes of class and grunt throughout the year that we just couldn't apply consistently, &/or we hadn't been ROBBED of an early Cripps sealer by overzealous (?) umpiring (there, I said it, even though it's not the appropriate thread).

The jokes at our expense will come, but that third quarter alone will be playing on the minds of opposition fans over the summer. We have the building blocks.

So, yes, embarrassment - and you summed it up, missnaut, with our tragically precise near-miss of the pin - but the overriding feeling - for how long, I don't know - is mourning...for a season that promised so much and fell away so pathetically. And I'm not even allowed to drown my sorrows for the next few weeks for medical reasons. :sad:

But surely the upside is that we will be back with a vengeance next year. I remember 1977's failure, 1978's early exit but with the confidence that we would dominate '79, and the collective effort of Blues fans in keeping a lid on it throughout '95 after the car crashes of '93 and especially '94. And if Collingwood fans see this week as payback for events of 40 or 50 years ago, then we obviously haven't been doing it as tough as them all this time. The wheel is turning, and not a hamster one. Go Blues. :fight:

There, you said it. Robbed.

That 3rd Quarter blitz: the Premiership Quarter. Etched in the opposition. It was better than a Final. 8 goals in 15 minutes.

Good thing I'm only hearing praise: etched I tell you ... but then again I haven't had any correspondence from Pies supporters.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sorry - this hurts and it’s only going to be worse next week.
Really hope it’s hurting the boys as much as it’s hurting the supporters, as this will then be the making of this group.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Embarrassed... not sure that's quite the emotion. Definitely mourning.

Traumatised might be it.

I've shut myself off from my mates. I just can't deal with their shit. 2 best mates are scum and filth supporters. At some point I'll have to face the music... but not yet. Can't do it yet. Traumatised.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:40 am 
Bruce Doull

It’s peculiar….

i had a Hawk mate try and engage me
today with…”your team really know
how to punish you…jeeezus”…!

my reply simply said…”yep”…!

he didn’t text again…usually we’d have a
little back and forth about the game…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:13 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Tommi, we have a bit in common.
The fortunes of cfc means a lot to our enjoyment of life, day to day.

My take is, and think you will appreciate it, this is our Robert Johnson moment.
Classic at the crossroads.

As bad as right now feels....
1969 grand final
1973 grand final
1986 grand final
1993 grand final
1999 grand final.
Now they're real bitter pills we had to swallow. This was a round 23 home and away game

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Could only find a bf link sorry, but it really feels like there is something in this. How do we get the curse lifted from the CFC?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... d.1096946/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:17 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
After the game finished on Sunday, the lady that regularly sits infront of us stood up and said 'See you next year."

I wanted to utter the similar words to the row in front of us.

But I probably could have brought it forward to next Tuesday :lol:
Excessive high fiving from grown men. It's a constant trigger.
You just know they're the sorts who wear footy gear during the week.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:20 am 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Could only find a bf link sorry, but it really feels like there is something in this. How do we get the curse lifted from the CFC?

I'm in Yorta Yorta country and so is Murray. What do we need to do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:09 am 
Ken Hunter

Cherry Ripe wrote:
Tommi, we have a bit in common.
The fortunes of cfc means a lot to our enjoyment of life, day to day.

My take is, and think you will appreciate it, this is our Robert Johnson moment.
Classic at the crossroads.

As bad as right now feels....
1969 grand final
1973 grand final
1986 grand final
1993 grand final
1999 grand final.
Now they're real bitter pills we had to swallow. This was a round 23 home and away game

I'd sell my soul at this point. Not much on the other side anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I'm in Yorta Yorta country and so is Murray. What do we need to do?

Just read that. FMD.

Try a white flag.

Dress in Carlton jumper and show them a video of the name being taken off the formed Elliot Stand and then show them the renamed stand as a sign that change has happened, and ask them if they agree its time to bury the curse because a lot of good people are hurt by this and Elliot's comments.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:31 am 
Ken Hunter

I'm watching the replay as therapy. First half last night, second half tonight. Really looking forward to it. What a cracking match!

The way I deal with the pain is... In 8 days the elimination finals will start. By the end of the weekend, two teams' season will be finished, possibly thousands of kilometres from home. I always find the elimination finals strangely anticlimactic. All the tension, all the number crunching and poring over fixtures, and then one afternoon or evening in September you have a bad 15 minute period and it's all over. What was that all about?

We've had our grandstand finish. It wasn't what we wanted. But it won't fizzle out of our memories.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:34 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:

I've been saying for a while that they need some kind of cleansing ceremony at PP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:55 am 
Bruce Doull

GreatEx wrote:
I'm watching the replay as therapy. First half last night, second half tonight. Really looking forward to it. What a cracking match!

The way I deal with the pain is... In 8 days the elimination finals will start. By the end of the weekend, two teams' season will be finished, possibly thousands of kilometres from home. I always find the elimination finals strangely anticlimactic. All the tension, all the number crunching and poring over fixtures, and then one afternoon or evening in September you have a bad 15 minute period and it's all over. What was that all about?

We've had our grandstand finish. It wasn't what we wanted. But it won't fizzle out of our memories.

Gutting that we have to wait out the pre finals bye before we're down the order in the news though.

Anyway. I've just been listening to music, no TV or radio.

Post subject: The Mourning After…!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:10 am 
Harry Vallence

missnaut wrote:
CK95 wrote:

I've been saying for a while that they need some kind of cleansing ceremony at PP.

I suggest everyone watch this, even if you're not a soccer fan:

https://youtu.be/1_RPfOiKINE

For context, this was filmed before the Socceroos broke the hoodoo to qualify for the World Cup vs Uruguay in that epic 2005 playoff.

The last time the Socceroos made the World Cup was in 1974, and there was heartbreak after heartbreak after that (Iran 1997 the most notable).

Well, there was a curse placed on the team by an African witch doctor back in the 70s which has been attributed to this.

John Safran went over to Africa to get it reversed, and we beat Uruguay and have made every World Cup ever since.

It's time to reverse the Carlton curse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:35 am 
Geoff Southby

The main thing that I hope comes out of this is the team is hungry and angry all year and play that way. No more lapse losses to bottom 8 teams cause we cruised into the game expecting to win. I want the no mercy Carlton back, don't just win games, bury and embarrass opponents.

Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Still feel like I’ve been kicked in the testicles 76 times.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

MPH78 wrote:
Still feel like I’ve been kicked in the testicles 76 times.

Was actually watching the UFC before the game.
Main event Leon Edwards won the welterweight title with a ripping head kick.
Reckon that head kick would've been less painful that what I and most here are going through.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next