Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

Until we overcome our loser mentality these type of losses will continue.

We lack confidence in tight situations and go into our shells. Protecting leads and playing conservative football is fraught with danger.

We are at our best when we take the game on and play attacking football. Coupled with a better defensive structure, we should be aiming for a better balance. The slow and stodgy style allows the other team to set up behind the ball. Hence the long kicks into forward fifty.

I liked the look of McGovern and Williams yesterday as they have attributes that can pierce lines and create overlap and space in our forward fifty. Hopefully they have injury free runs in 2023.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

First side since 1977 be in the top 8, top 5 back then, every week only to drop out last round. 1977 was us too. Only consolation back then is we won 3 of the next 5 flags after that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:38 pm 
Bob Chitty

The article about ginnavins block is interesting ... He is getting appluaded for it ... Yet weitering was penalised for standing in the way ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:44 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Couldn't post yesterday, every word would have started with F.

Remember that game? You know, the happy place? by 1 point and ruined everything for them? Well guess what ...

Now that I've cooled down (didn't go to work today ...) losing a game is a part of the game and that's just how it is. Losing by 1 point to Collingwood - nah bs that's just twisting the knife.

Because of this there is now only 1 remedy. We must win a Premiership as payback. Against them. Soon.

I don't know if the Gods will smile on us once more. But I pray, by some miracle we get that chance. The good news is its possible. Something to pray for. We are on the rise. We actually have something to work with at long last.

My brother who's a bit more less passionate than me said "its the best thing that could happen to those guys" and then went about explaining this will harden them up blah blah blah ...

Collingwood by 1 point? SPIT! I'm absolutely filthy on this. 2 points 100 points anything but 1 fkn point.

Anyway that's 2022 and it ended the worst way possible. Couldn't have planned it any better if I were an Collingwood supporter. I hope they make the Grand Final and lose by 1 point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

idle wrote:
Couldn't post yesterday, every word would have started with F.

Remember that game? You know, the happy place? by 1 point and ruined everything for them? Well guess what ...

Now that I've cooled down (didn't go to work today ...) losing a game is a part of the game and that's just how it is. Losing by 1 point to Collingwood - nah bs that's just twisting the knife.

Because of this there is now only 1 remedy. We must win a Premiership as payback. Against them. Soon.

I don't know if the Gods will smile on us once more. But I pray, by some miracle we get that chance. The good news is its possible. Something to pray for. We are on the rise. We actually have something to work with at long last.

My brother who's a bit more less passionate than me said "its the best thing that could happen to those guys" and then went about explaining this will harden them up blah blah blah ...

Collingwood by 1 point? SPIT! I'm absolutely filthy on this. 2 points 100 points anything but 1 fkn point.

Anyway that's 2022 and it ended the worst way possible. Couldn't have planned it any better if I were an Collingwood supporter. I hope they make the Grand Final and lose by 1 point.

I'd accept straight sets by a point each time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

In 1978 we lost to these cauliflower in a final by 15 points and then beat these cauliflower by a kick in the 1979 Grand Final - but posting this doesn’t make me feel any better.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The day after I don't feel any better. Idle not going to work... I went 3 hours late. I'm wondering around like a zombie today. Seeing all the articles pop up on socials just rubs it in. And then I see that cauliflower David King saying we're his pick for top 4 next year. @#$%&! off you drip. Surely he's just trying to wind us up. I hate this. I hate it so much. My only hope is that this burns in the guts of our players as much as it is the supporters.

Thanks everyone for sharing their pain. As shitty as it is, it's therapeutic to share with you all

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

20-11 inside 50s in the last quarter. 24 pts up three quarter time.

How did we lose???!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Traveller86 wrote:

How did we lose???!!!

That is a staggering statistic.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 pm 
Garry Crane

my favorite kick of the day was LOB to motlop in goal Sq ,surround by coll talls . Seriously until we train for TEAM DEFENCE ( hard running ) back will we not improve,how did ginnvan and jamie v saad and all that space ,how many years have we watched sides stroll into easy goals. think we need to look at our fitness and defence coach.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

diesel95 wrote:
Effes wrote:
The problem is there are clubs who finished below us who you can easily argue will be better than Carlton next year.

The truth is you haven't got a second to lose.

who? Hawks possibly? who else. please don’t say Essendon**. we played well against top four teams at the business end of the season, well enough to win but we don’t have the full game plan together yet. ., the only bad performance was against Geelong, never in it and against Brisbane we were too inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won’t know until after the trade period. If StKilda offload Hill and have cap space to pick off a couple of good targets they could go past us.

Suns get King back, and could also pick off a couple of missing pieces for their midfield.

GWS get a new coach, so do the Junkies…

Outside of Norf and WCE everyone is dangerous

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

Even WCE could be dangerous. This year is a complete aberration for them.

Who's to say they won't bounce right back and challenge for or make the 8?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I think we have far more upside that teams around us.

I don't think anyone below us will go past us, if anything we finished 3-4 spots below where we 'should' have finished

I think dogs and tigers slide. Collingwood won't have another kissed on the dick season like this again. St Kilda are St Kilda.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

Traveller86 wrote:

You can say the same for teams in the 8 too. At least one always falls.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

missnaut wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

You can say the same for teams in the 8 too. At least one always falls.

Correct. Nobody knows.

The beauty of footy. It's torturous right now for us though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

After another sleepness night I also woke up just as angry as I was yesterday.
I went into work and a lovely lady I work with who happens to be a Collingwood member and went to the game, came up to me and asked if i was ok.
Nice of her, she meant it too.
I didn't want to tell that I hoped Collingwood loses its next two games by under a goal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Traveller86 wrote:

How did we lose???!!!

We couldn't buy a goal. What was it? ..... 6 points and 2 OOB on the full ???

Charlie's kick at goal in the second quarter (I think). Under 40 metres out at best and does a 25 metre round the corner kick straight into Noble's chest. WTF ???
And then we lose by a point.
Yep .... still hurting

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

diesel95 wrote:
keogh wrote:
I’ll say it again
It comes back to recruiting and List Management
It goes back to 5 years ago
Our 3 top 10 picks around that time OBrien Dowand SPS have all been misses
Setterfield cost us 2 good picks
If we are fair dinkum we need to delist players like him
Mc Govern cost us pick 26 28 and McAdam

On top of this we have Martin and Wiiliams on big money long term deals

Good list management gets you into finals
IMO it’s the most important thing with regards to success
Richmond’s 3 flags had on average 9 blokes who weren’t top 50 picks in the draft

It makes it very hard to win big games when it matters if your depth is tested

WAlsh was obviously a big loss but we haven’t been the same since Hewett stuffed his back
Kennedy has been a big loss too
Look at Collingwood
They have recruited very well with late picks in the draft and rookie picks
It can be done
The Lewis Young SPS trade has been a win but we really have to get List Management right over the next 2 years
Why get Hayes in the midseason draft
A good VFL player and no upside
Our top end talent is top shelf but our depth is crap

Some tough and smart decisions need to be made over the next 2 years otherwise the window won’t happen

Setterfield was named on AFL game summary as one of caletons best. just sayin.
Obviously looked at the stats sheet and nothing else

He is vanilla
Can’t kicked over 45 slow
Most of his possessions were junk
If we want to get better we have to get passed these players
Rumour is that he will be delisted and re-rookied

Williams
Mc Govern
Martin
All on big coin
All incredibly overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:
I think we have far more upside that teams around us.

I don't think anyone below us will go past us, if anything we finished 3-4 spots below where we 'should' have finished

I think dogs and tigers slide. Collingwood won't have another kissed on the dick season like this again. St Kilda are St Kilda.

Agreed.

Geelong win the flag or go out in straight sets again, you probably see a bit of turnover.
Dees and Swans will still be thereabouts.
Pies will get a more difficult draw next year.
Dockers arguably got lucky by having Fyfe out the side for most of the year, and played their worst footy with him around. Having to lose a heap of their core to accommodate Jackson might upset apple cart.
Do Brisbane have the cap space to improve? McStay leaving changes their structure a fair bit.
Richmond could lose Edwards, Cotchin, Martin, Lambert in one off-season. Huge loss.
Dogs could go either way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

The_Cranium wrote:
The day after I don't feel any better. Idle not going to work... I went 3 hours late. I'm wondering around like a zombie today. Seeing all the articles pop up on socials just rubs it in. And then I see that cauliflower David King saying we're his pick for top 4 next year. @#$%&! off you drip. Surely he's just trying to wind us up. I hate this. I hate it so much. My only hope is that this burns in the guts of our players as much as it is the supporters.

Thanks everyone for sharing their pain. As shitty as it is, it's therapeutic to share with you all

Mate, I recommend just ignore socials, SEN, & fox footy for the week

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next