Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Voss named Setterfield in the press conference.
I doubt he is dropping him this week.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

Same effort as last night and control Sidebottom and Elliott and we are right in this.

I dont subscribe to the theory that last night was our grand final and that there will be a let down this week.

Professional footballers and unlike supporters they need to get straight back on the bike, I know we are still feeling the pain from last night but the players should move on - I'm sure Voss will not let them dwell on what could have been.

I'm feeling more confident now than I was after the Adelaide and Lions game.

Hit them hard, pressure footy and we will win this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue4ever wrote:
Same effort as last night and control Sidebottom and Elliott and we are right in this.

I dont subscribe to the theory that last night was our grand final and that there will be a let down this week.

Professional footballers and unlike supporters they need to get straight back on the bike, I know we are still feeling the pain from last night but the players should move on - I'm sure Voss will not let them dwell on what could have been.

I'm feeling more confident now than I was after the Adelaide and Lions game.

Hit them hard, pressure footy and we will win this.

:thumbsup:

Good post!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:48 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Learn from last nights game. Forget playing "our way" like earlier in the season when we had close to a full complement. "Our way" is now taking away the oppositions strengths and trying to maximise ours. Cottrell to Sidebottom, Setterfield to De Goey. If De Goey doesn't play, send him to Pendlebury or Nick Daicos.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:01 pm 
Ken Hunter

killpies wrote:
Looks like that cheating little ducking turd did a minor hammy vs Swans. That 3 goals from dodgy frees eliminated

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:48 am 
Geoff Southby

As others have said, we’re getting the valuable experience of playing in an elimination final in front of 80,000 - but making the actual finals is unlikely from here. We don’t have enough of our good players playing well.

If it’s another gallant loss and we miss the finals, I will be disappointed (obviously) but 12-10 is about what most of us expected at the start of the year and, considering the injuries we’ve had and where we’re coming from, isn’t a bad season.

We clearly need to improve - and the club needs to have a serious look into our injury management/prevention area - but there’s plenty of reasons to be positive about the future.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
IN: Cerra & Newman
OUT: Newnes & Setterfield.

:?

I meant LOB.

I thought Setterfield showed some intensity in the guts...played like a hungry inside mid, and can play wing if needed when mixing it up with mids.

Love Doc in the midfield (Salivate thinking of the Fab 6 in 2023)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

jezzarules wrote:
Newman unavailable afaik

2 games was all he was expected to miss: Bris, Melb.

22 days for skin to regrow should be plenty.

Players play 2 weeks after an appendix, and that requires stitches too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:20 am 
Ken Hunter

I thought Newman was entire H&A season?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:23 am 
Harry Vallence

daggs001 wrote:
Voss named Setterfield in the press conference.
I doubt he is dropping him this week.

I thought he was very good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

SurreyBlue wrote:
Why are dropping Setterfield Bondi? We need to keep exploring the role he played on the weekend. Mind you we all said he was better playing midfield but tagging makes things very, very exciting for the future.

My mistake.

I was thinking about LOB as the 23rd and Setters in.

Setters played with intensity and no doubt purpose. He had a role...otherwise he's a ball watcher like his other first round draftee mates LOB and Dow.

LOB, Newnes and Motlop had 7 possies between them in the 2nd half.
Dow 22 handballs in the VFL...even when he could have gone for a gallop...no thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:10 am 
Harry Vallence

Is it Sunday already?!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 am 
Harry Vallence

Gonna be huge. I feel like it's gonna be another tight one and we'll be given the opportunity to prove we've learned from this week - ice the final minutes of next week, break the Filth's heart and get into finals the right way.

Of course I'd love to see a dominant flogging but the footy gods have this fated - blockbuster sold out crowd, mortal enemies, a true arm wrestle, Carlton's chance to atone and get the media tongues wagging.

Big test for Voss in terms of getting the team up mentally - if he can get them believing we know they have what it takes.

GO BLUES

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

missnaut wrote:
I thought Newman was entire H&A season?

You're right on that.

The cut "required a procedure to close the wound that will take an extended period of time to heal.
At this stage he is expected to be unavailable for the remainder of the home-and-away season"

That was the report on 2nd August.

Game is on 21st August.

I guess I'm being hopeful that 22 days would be long enough to close the wound and ready to play. Could be the spot which makes things awkward.

I guess I should'nt get my hopes up.

I like Doc in tyhe middle and I would like Newnes AND LOB replaced. Stocker surprised me. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:24 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Scotty12000 wrote:
Gonna be huge. I feel like it's gonna be another tight one and we'll be given the opportunity to prove we've learned from this week - ice the final minutes of next week, break the Filth's heart and get into finals the right way.

Of course I'd love to see a dominant flogging but the footy gods have this fated - blockbuster sold out crowd, mortal enemies, a true arm wrestle, Carlton's chance to atone and get the media tongues wagging.

Big test for Voss in terms of getting the team up mentally - if he can get them believing we know they have what it takes.

GO BLUES

That's right Scotty.

We've been in the 8 all year, and it comes to the last game of the year to either continue that record, against the odds, or, fall at the last hurdle with an injury depleted list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:29 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Scotty12000 wrote:

GO BLUES

That's right Scotty.

We've been in the 8 all year, and it comes to the last game of the year to either continue that record, against the odds, or, fall at the last hurdle with an injury depleted list.

I tipped us to finish 8th or 9th on percentage at the beginning of the year, but I never thought in a million years we'd be there in such an exciting and simultaneously infuriating manner; if we'd played like 8th/9th all season I'd be okay with that but for patches we've played like 1st and also 18th - wildly inconsistent but the taste of our best has me wanting so much more. Gotta be in it to win it, and next week is D Day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:38 am 
Harry Vallence

I expected the main talkback topic to be us but it's all about Essendon* this morning. Nice to have them deflect from us!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:48 am 
Bruce Doull

If Collingwood win you just know it's going to be "Injury decimated Pies kill Carlton's finals dream" in the media.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:52 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'd keep the same 22, even though I would love dearly to drop Newnes and Owies.
Even if Cerra is fit I would be leaning towards keeping Doc and Setterfield onball.
Pies move the ball at a blistering pace on the rebound and our midfield has been slow all year, Cerra doesn't make it quicker, Doc does.
Keep the 22 and lay down the challenge to that 22, to right the wrongs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

God if ever a game could be a draw this is it.
1.92 vs 1.92 right now.
I would take a draw.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next