Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:39 pm 
Robert Walls

I wouldn't play Cerra. I don't think he comes back from injury very well, and it's not like he's in really outstanding form. If fit... maybe he's the sub.
I'd play Williams in the twos, with the hope that we win and he can go into Finals with a game under his belt. He's missed too much football to come straight back in.
The only true selection dilemma is in the ruck.

Also - I think the Hawks are a big chance to win next week. They play well in Tassie and they're saying farewell to McEvoy. They get up for games like this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Dead rubber this game

I actually don't think the dogs will beat the hawks in Tassie.

Hope so. We will know the result about half way through the first quarter.
It's going to be funny hearing the crowd roar if they put the result up on the scoreboard. It'll either be us or the pies fans cheering

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

Paddycripps wrote:
Hope the Swans win today to dent the Pies self belief a bit. A flogging might be best actually.

I always hope Collingwood lose. A good flogging and a ton of injuries would be what I am hoping for.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
kezza wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:
Dead rubber this game

I actually don't think the dogs will beat the hawks in Tassie.

Hope so. We will know the result about half way through the first quarter.
It's going to be funny hearing the crowd roar if they put the result up on the scoreboard. It'll either be us or the pies fans cheering

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Hopefully it is us and we can relax.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluechampion wrote:
I wouldn't play Cerra. I don't think he comes back from injury very well, and it's not like he's in really outstanding form. If fit... maybe he's the sub.
I'd play Williams in the twos, with the hope that we win and he can go into Finals with a game under his belt. He's missed too much football to come straight back in.
The only true selection dilemma is in the ruck.

Also - I think the Hawks are a big chance to win next week. They play well in Tassie and they're saying farewell to McEvoy. They get up for games like this.

Go Hawks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

The BIG question is how much of a toll does last nights loss have our players psych. What proportion of players will be flattened and defeated and worried about making mistakes and what proportion will be lifted and energized and play with devil may care abandon to seek redemption.

We are good enough to beat Collingwood but momentum and self belief and confidence are EVERYTHING.

I am worried.

This is Vossy biggest ever test to get them up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

Didn't mind Pitto's game at all. Ran out of puff in the last (which has been an issue admittedly), but on the whole - Gawn and Jackson had very little impact on the contest, felt as though he nullified them well enough.

Cerra/Kennedy the only possible inclusions, and I'd only consider one of them if absolutely 100% fit. Setterfield gets another crack at it for mine. Just. Cerra for Newnes seems the way forward.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
Didn't mind Pitto's game at all. Ran out of puff in the last (which has been an issue admittedly), but on the whole - Gawn and Jackson had very little impact on the contest, felt as though he nullified them well enough.

Cerra/Kennedy the only possible inclusions, and I'd only consider one of them if absolutely 100% fit. Setterfield gets another crack at it for mine. Just. Cerra for Newnes seems the way forward.

Pitto infuriated me in the first quarter running through the middle, when he tried to be a bit too cute instead of throwing it on his boot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Finish 8th we'll probably play the loser of Brisbane/Melbourne
Finish 7th we'll probably play the loser of Sydney/Collingwood.

Sort of want another crack at Melbourne, but also think we played our hand against them last night. Can't see Setterfield having that great a game again, or Martin for that matter.

Think we could beat Sydney. Collingwood twice in three weeks, and Brisbane at the GABBA not so much.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:40 pm 
Garry Crane

Stating the obvious, but need both Curnow and McKay to have blinders - reckon their tall defenders are getable.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

The players should and will move on quickly, I’ve already done so and am already picturing the scenes next week. Get a grip everyone, we didn’t blow a grand final, we don’t have to start all over again and in 6 months time, it’s simply a case of winning next week, and if we’re lucky the hawks will do us a favour anyway.

I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

RickJ wrote:
The BIG question is how much of a toll does last nights loss have our players psych. What proportion of players will be flattened and defeated and worried about making mistakes and what proportion will be lifted and energized and play with devil may care abandon to seek redemption.

We are good enough to beat Collingwood but momentum and self belief and confidence are EVERYTHING.

I am worried.

This is Vossy biggest ever test to get them up
This is my concern too. It either pumps them up or deflates them completely.

I don't know if I can handle going next week. You know no results are gonna go our way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:57 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Cherry Ripe wrote:
I had a dream ......

Next week we beat the Pies by 1 point with an after the siren goal.

The frenzied ladder fall out means we get to play Pies again in first week of finals.

We win by 82, de Goey stretchered off.

I had a nightmare.

Collingwood kick us out of the 8 on their way to winning 16 in a row and taking out their 16th flag.

In fact I had that nightmare after they rolled Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

Traveller86 wrote:
The players should and will move on quickly, I’ve already done so and am already picturing the scenes next week. Get a grip everyone, we didn’t blow a grand final, we don’t have to start all over again and in 6 months time, it’s simply a case of winning next week, and if we’re lucky the hawks will do us a favour anyway.

I believe.

I love your optimism!
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Traveller86 wrote:

I believe.

Yeah now that the dust's settled I'm the same Traveller. Trying to think of it as a qualifying final. We lost it, but we're still alive, & now face a cut throat final this week. Or something.

Thought about not going to the Coll game for reasons others have said, but flower it. Gotta go. I'm sure our crowd noise has helped the team at various stages this year.

Do your bit Bluebaggers. It's our home game. flower Collingwood.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

On further reflection I definitely want Swans to smash the woods today; as many here have said about our early form, % is the true indicator of a team's quality, and Collingwood's 106% must be the worst for a 15-5 team in the history of the game. A 103-pt loss would take them below 100%.... Ok, tad unrealistic, but a 7 or 8 goal loss to knock them down to 103% plus change would have to raise some inner doubt. Their bubble has to burst some time... Not saying they got here by luck, they deserve credit for pressing and fighting and staying resolute in critical moments, but ultimately they are at about our level and a halt in their momentum could be all it takes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

CFC8795 wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

I believe.

I love your optimism!
Go Blues!

It hurts sooo much but I'm simply laying out the facts.

Look at it this way - be glad what happened happened last night, and not next week!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Traveller86 wrote:
CFC8795 wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

I believe.

I love your optimism!
Go Blues!

It hurts sooo much but I'm simply laying out the facts.

Look at it this way - be glad what happened happened last night, and not next week!

That thought had also crossed my mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

De Goey a late out today. He is a total flower but can play. Hopefully ruled out for next week too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Based purely on stats, Carroll the only player I'd consider from vfl today. 22 touches, 9 tackles, 7 clearances but unless Cerra gets up, inclined to make no change.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 522 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next