Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
diesel95 wrote:
Voss called it details in the final minutes. but it’s details all throughout the seasons. why was setters never given a run with in the middle before when it so obvious he plays better in the middle than on the wing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all you have to do is watch Setterfield's games last year, then our round 1 team to work out that answer why he was on a wing in the first place, then look at Setterfield's form as a senior player, regardless of position to answer that question for yourself.

Setterfield did really well on the weekend. In a pack situation during the year, he just ball watched. Terriblly out of form.

Funny what happens when your career in on the line, demoted to the reserves after 3 very bad games in the seniors, averaging 15 disposals a game, and unlikely to be recalled the ones.

Then a last minute call he gets the call up to replace Cerra because the cupboard is bare in the reserves.

It was do or die for Setterfield. His spot on the list was looking very precarious before this last game.

He's a very lucky lucky boy to get a tagging job on the games best ball winner. Oliver took Setters to the footy0, but can he do it on his own?

Now he has to back it up. Don't put it on the coaches.

Who should he tag this week? or, should he be able to play a real inside mid role and find the ball himself?

if they don’t want him in the middle maybe he tags sidebottom. lots of young players used to learn the fame by being told to follow an opponents best ball getter. nothing new or wrong with that. he’s been getting big stats in the VFL all year. i think it’s the pace of the game that has alluded him at AFL level so far.

like i’ve said before, get so neurological training apps and those lLED comes going for him as extras. speed him up. double short black expresso before each game.

:lol: coffee would help.

He may be a tagger whilst we don't have our one wood: The Fab 5...Fab 6 if you include Doc.

He's a big body, at least tall, and he matched up well with Oliver. I think Sidey or Lachie Neale types are too mobile and quick for Setters laconic style. Having said that, Setters was on his toes playing against a Brownlow favourite.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
club29 wrote:
Saad could have collected Owies poor backpass and booted it 55m into the stand. 18 behind the ball. We win.

As simple as that.

Greg Chappel would have ordered Saad to do that.

I put the whole fiasco to having no quality onfield leadership.

this is all nonsense. shit happens and we didn’t flood back to take the sting out. with more players back saad would have had options to run and carry then handball to a free player. it’s not saad’s fault.

footy gods decided we didn’t deserve it.

We are talking alternative angles here diesel, not normal options, and maybe not realistic...but outside the square won a Flag for Hawks in 2008. Rules changed after that game.

Point is a lot of options, but too hard to make things happen in split seconds...nevertheless, there should be leaders who could coach the team through this dilemma, and they didnt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hasn't been asked enough, WHY THE @#$%&! did LOB smash the ball out of the contest into space?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

diesel95 wrote:
Mil Hanna wrote:
I was out for dinner with a group on Saturday night, so I only got to watch the first half. I was trying not to be rude and so I didn't check the scores at all.

Chatting to a couple of guys there, they asked who I barracked for and after I told them, one said "well, they're 8pts up with less than 3min to go, they're home!".

I snuck off to the toilet and watched the final 2mins on my phone - just enough to see the Melksham mark and the inevitable crumble that followed. I guess I wasn't as invested in the game having not watched it all, so it hurt, but didn't kill my night. Reading the wash up yesterday was depressing though. :banghead:

I haven't watched the second half yet and judging by everyone's pain, I am not sure that I should. Should I save myself the pain? I want to understand what happened, but don't want to get depressed. :confused:

never do that again! you have to hold your match night plans to the end.

:clap: ...... :mad: :banghead: ...... :razz:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:51 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

grrofunger wrote:
Hasn't been asked enough, WHY THE @#$%&! did LOB smash the ball out of the contest into space?

Because if he took possession (which 21 other players would have done), he would have been required to absorb physical contact.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:25 pm 
Laurie Kerr

The Normal One wrote:
Tough loss, but then I woke up and thought, I could be a Manchester United supporter.

Yeah not a good weekend for me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:

I saw that on replay about 10 minutes ago, and I had forgotten that. Not a good move. He was in space.

I dont want to think about woulda coulda, and choose to believe the players will be better for it. The pain will drive them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:17 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

It's unfortunately a consequence of our injury concerns. Newnes isn't a natural defender. He tries but at the crucial stage, he's caught ball watching instead of locking on to his opponent. Newman, Williams, Docherty. They'd all be preferred to Newnes in defence but they're either injured or filling other gaps.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It's Thursday night.... and I'm still not over it.....
I hope the team has better focus!

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

A win this Sunday and we’ll all be over it......

Go Blues!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

I know Billy Boy….

i started turning yesterday…!

nearly there today…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

tommi wrote:
I know Billy Boy….

i started turning yesterday…!

nearly there today…!

kindest regards tommi
Thanks Tommi. Hope I'm starting...
The Essendon* situation is the only thing cheering me up a bit

CFC8795 wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

A win this Sunday and we’ll all be over it......

Go Blues!
Hope so...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Watching Melbourne do that to Brisbane tonight, really hurts. Firstly for our insipid performance against Brisbane and then blowing our lead in the last 30 seconds against Melbourne. You just know we are good enough but are just a basket case above the shoulders.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:17 am 
Wayne Johnston

I also thought I was over it until I watched the game last night.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:29 am 
Harry Vallence

SurreyBlue wrote:
Watching Melbourne do that to Brisbane tonight, really hurts. Firstly for our insipid performance against Brisbane and then blowing our lead in the last 30 seconds against Melbourne. You just know we are good enough but are just a basket case above the shoulders.

Melbourne played better last night than last week

They would have won comfortably against us

Fast conditions really suits their game style

My tip for the premiership unless they get key injuries in September

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:32 am 
Wayne Johnston

Nah, we didn’t let them play well last week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Nah, we didn’t let them play well last week.

That's how I saw it too.

Close space and played close ... except for last 2 minutes.

Melksham was given too much space obviously.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13