Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

For @#$%&!’s sake.

Gold Coast
St Kilda
Adelaide

That’s the ball game, not tonight.

Tonight is just the sting in the wound already festering from the above 3.

If there’s any footy god they’ll give us a chance to atone next week - bring this same heat but with renewed vitriol after the screwing tonight, flog our mortal enemy and get into finals the appropriate and most deserved way.

There’s no more chances left - leave the supporters to cry because there’s not a second to lose. Raise hell next week boys.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:01 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just back... Devastated..

We played well.. Good structures and play... Didn't allow loose Lever or Hibberd...
We played dumb footy at certain times and the last 2 minutes were typical of that..
We dominated the last... and never played tempo footy.... resulting in giving back the ball all too often...INCLUDING at the death

Shocking umpiring non decisions... If our tackles stuck... Zip... Nothing... Just drop or throw the ball and play on?? And to rub salt one free ended up being because the player was held?? WTF (Setters on Viney) Cripps clearly held and pulled off the ball.. Nothing....
Spoiling and hitting the point post is deliberate but handballing into the point post isn't??

Rubbish...

We also got killed in centre clearances... Clean take aways vs rushed when we got one... Very costly in the last...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:06 am 
Ken Hunter

CFC8795 wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Effes wrote:
Feels like post 2011 semi final. Won't be able to sleep.
Ooooh yeah.

Was that the Denis Armfield one?
No, that was 2010 v Sydney.

2011 semi was v WC in Perth, the game that gave us the Marcus @#$%&! Davies double goal to them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:15 am 
Bob Chitty

Devastating
I suspect that was the last punch we’ll throw for the season. Not sure they’ll get up for next week after that. Hopefully they do but it feels like we’ve blown it now
Like Doc in the middle. Would go with it again next week

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:22 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

david31 wrote:
Devastating
I suspect that was the last punch we’ll throw for the season. Not sure they’ll get up for next week after that. Hopefully they do but it feels like we’ve blown it now

It might makes us more determined. If we can't respond after a close loss then we don't deserve to play finals. Collingwood will have a tough 'finals like' game against the Swans tomorrow and we will have an extra days break.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:45 am 
Stephen Kernahan

This game was basically like watching West Ham when something is on the line for years.

If anyone needs help please reach out. I'm experienced.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:09 am 
Bruce Doull

Well I can’t sleep….

I’m like a prawn here…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:09 am 
Harry Vallence

I'm still numb.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:23 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tommi wrote:
Well I can’t sleep….

I’m like a prawn here…!

kindest regards tommi
There's always prawnhub for moments like this t-dawg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:33 am 
Bruce Doull

It's just going to depend on how we get up after that match. It'll either totally drain us or completely spark us into action. I don't think it'll be anything in between

We've looked hopelessly out of form the last 2 weeks & the good thing is most of the team found form again tonight.

Got the 8 day break & didn't get any injuries in game for once. Hope the Swans really crack into the Pies tomorrow

The team really has to move on from this game though, very quickly.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:34 am 
Bruce Doull

That Newnes dropped mark though. Jesus.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:51 am 
Ken Hunter

CK95 wrote:
That Newnes dropped mark though. Jesus.

Were his arms outstretched?

:oops:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:04 am 
Bob Chitty

CK95 wrote:
It's just going to depend on how we get up after that match. It'll either totally drain us or completely spark us into action. I don't think it'll be anything in between

We've looked hopelessly out of form the last 2 weeks & the good thing is most of the team found form again tonight.

Got the 8 day break & didn't get any injuries in game for once. Hope the Swans really crack into the Pies tomorrow

Spot on mate.

This was a tough one, but I honestly hope we learn from it.

The effort was great. The intensity was immense. But we have to learn it's what is expected every week.

The challenge for us is, we should have been playing like that against the crows, against the lions etc..

That is what we must take away from the game.

Super tough loss, but we pick ourselves up and we go again. It will be loses like this that build the resilience we need to take the next step.

I'm glad we played the dees. That was as close to a finals type pressure we have played, and we weren't shown up as not capable ...

Im looking forward to next week, with another finals like opportunity for us to embrace.

The loss sucks, but in the same breath its also got to be in a position where games mean so much coming into the last game of the season .. been along time since that was the case

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:04 am 
Garry Crane

Was it my imagination, or did Walsh get his head slammed in to the turf when tackled by Viney, early in the first quarter (would have been near the boundary, Members' side, towards the Punt Rd end)?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:03 am 
Bob Chitty

Blueboy Benny wrote:
Was it my imagination, or did Walsh get his head slammed in to the turf when tackled by Viney, early in the first quarter (would have been near the boundary, Members' side, towards the Punt Rd end)?

Absolutely that’s what happened. I almost needed a new TV during that game. For all the tackles we landed how many were called holding the ball? How many times did get done for holding the man when Melbourne were immune. Shattering loss.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:08 am 
Stephen Kernahan

21 of their 23 premiership players played the game. The 2 additions were Hunt and Melsham who were huge in the last 2 minutes.
How much of a clubs total injury management is luck, or capability? Whatever it is, we haven't been able to unlock it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:30 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Still feel sick angry @#$%&! pissed off.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:

Melbourne responded well against us after their losing a match to Collingwood they should have won. The Lions smashed us last week after a heartbreaking loss to Richmond the week before. If this match drains us (after an 8 day break) then we don't deserve to play finals.
Hopefully the Pies sustain some injuries and/or suspensions against the Swans today.
If Cerra comes in I wonder who goes out?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:43 am 
Harry Vallence

ScottSaunders2 wrote:
CK95 wrote:

Spot on mate.

This was a tough one, but I honestly hope we learn from it.

The effort was great. The intensity was immense. But we have to learn it's what is expected every week.

The challenge for us is, we should have been playing like that against the crows, against the lions etc..

That is what we must take away from the game.

Super tough loss, but we pick ourselves up and we go again. It will be loses like this that build the resilience we need to take the next step.

I'm glad we played the dees. That was as close to a finals type pressure we have played, and we weren't shown up as not capable ...

Im looking forward to next week, with another finals like opportunity for us to embrace.

The loss sucks, but in the same breath its also got to be in a position where games mean so much coming into the last game of the season .. been along time since that was the case

Good to see a couple of level heads around the place.
Hugely disappointed but also hugely proud of the boy's effort last night.
Next week against the pies is a huge must win!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:09 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Haven’t been able to sleep. Keep replaying the last few mins in my head. A living nightmare.

Brutal @#$%&! way to lose. With what was at stake. We couldn’t of [REDACTED] it up more if we tried.

I hope we can bounce back and bring that level of effort and intensity again. If the players are anything like me, it’ll be the opposite. Just about broken.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next