Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Where do you start?

Obliterated in centre clearances (24-8), beaten in clearances (48-37). Actually won stoppage clearances 24-29!

Obliterated in inside 50s.

Unable to chain possession from defensive 50 - outside players butchering the ball.

Some impressive passages of play from Motlop.

Defence actually did ok - look at the goal conversion rate for Brisbane. 17 goals from 69 inside 50s for Brisbane.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

we have had some real dissappointing loses ... this is one of them.

like a few times this year ... everything riding on it, and we fail to rise to the task ...

i keep remining myself, we are a 6 to 10 side, and that honestly seems about right for us this season ... but gee some real dissappointing loses this year ..

its not the losing as such, but the fact that we never gave ourselves the opportunity to win ..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

MVP: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=37593

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:07 pm 
Ken Hunter

I'm feeling a lot less bullish after that. Season not over yet and I still reckon we'll scrape into the finals but can't see us getting past the first week.

My main wish is for this squad to be put through a pre-season that'd make green berets weep. I want this team going into 2023 screaming bloody vengeance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

ScottSaunders2 wrote:

like a few times this year ... everything riding on it, and we fail to rise to the task ...

i keep remining myself, we are a 6 to 10 side, and that honestly seems about right for us this season ... but gee some real dissappointing loses this year ..

its not the losing as such, but the fact that we never gave ourselves the opportunity to win ..

Even that last few minutes we had got back into the game, albeit without a real shot at winning. got our percentage back then let them kick 3 easy ones. Fk me! Couldn't even maintain the 15pt margin with 3 min to go. That would have been at least something and some real momentum to carry into next week. Even stuffed that up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

GreatEx wrote:
I'm feeling a lot less bullish after that. Season not over yet and I still reckon we'll scrape into the finals but can't see us getting past the first week.

My main wish is for this squad to be put through a pre-season that'd make green berets weep. I want this team going into 2023 screaming bloody vengeance.

A brutal leadership camp perhaps?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So @#$%&! disappointed. Two weeks in a row we have played some of the worst football you’ll ever see. With a finals berth on the line.

Inexcusable.

There isn’t one team in the league we would of beaten these last two weeks. Not one.

All credits we have built up have fully evaporated. That’s on everyone. Players, coaches, the whole @#$%&! joint.

Will lose our last 2 games by plenty and miss finals. After being in the 8 all year.

Because we are Carlton.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We lost it in the middle…the centre bounce.

Our disposal by hand and foot are ordinary…worse than that really

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:13 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Plowman unsighted. Disgraceful.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:17 pm 
Garry Crane

our players not good enough to slow and game plan is the worse in the league ,how MANY games have we watched teams kicking easy goals Voss and defence coaches need to change something to save the year

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:17 pm 
Bruce Comben

Heavs wrote:
Plowman unsighted. Disgraceful.

Lions would have won by more if he had played

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:19 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
ScottSaunders2 wrote:

Even that last few minutes we had got back into the game, albeit without a real shot at winning. got our percentage back then let them kick 3 easy ones. Fk me! Couldn't even maintain the 15pt margin with 3 min to go. That would have been at least something and some real momentum to carry into next week. Even stuffed that up.

Pitto net wasn’t there to nullify the Oscar dominance at the centre bounce.

Oscar got the ball going their way for those 3 quick goals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The last two weeks the performance of our key ruck has been utterly deplorable. Unfortunately for us it has been two different players. Our first 2 choices in the position :mad: :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

Ruck is a real problem as it has been for a couple of decades. We were riding off some delicious pittonet early on and been pushing faeces uphill since

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

We are not making finals

Lose our next two. Bulldogs win their next two. In the 8 on percentage. That’s how I think it will play out.

Could be the biggest fall out of the 8 by any team for a long time

Those last 3 goals in the last few minutes from centre clearances just makes it worse. Someone teach De Koning how to ruck. He was woeful today,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

What a peculiar season…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:26 pm 
Serge Silvagni

WOW wrote:
We are not making finals

Lose our next two. Bulldogs win their next two. In the 8 on percentage. That’s how I think it will play out.

Could be the biggest fall out of the 8 by any team for a long time

Those last 3 goals in the last few minutes from centre clearances just makes it worse. Someone teach De Koning how to ruck. He was woeful today,

Nope. We will finish 8th.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:31 pm 
Bob Chitty

TDK was obliterated. Our midfield was obliterated. Our issues start at the centre bounce. Unbelievably frustrating when the centre bounce was perhaps our biggest weapon in the first half of the season.
We look completely shot. Will be surprised if we win another game. Probably puts us 9th but may slip into the 8 by default due to Dogs and Saints struggling.
The season has really unravelled which is a tough pill to swallow after a very positive start to the season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:33 pm 
Robert Walls

GreatEx wrote:

We should get in touch with Adelaide.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:35 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ugh... this one didn't even hurt. The performance was entirely predictable and as expected.

The next 2 weeks will be worse. Our midfield becomes Walsh and Cerra and no one. We're [REDACTED]. The season is [REDACTED]. And I'm struggling to see any more positives than the early Teague days which were filled with similar hope.