Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Or he enters H&S protocols...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

1 - Chris Donlon
9 - Matt Stevic
20 - Jamie Broadbent
EM: 37 - Matthew Baigent

No Williamson now, but can the AFL play an umpire who isn't named as an emergency?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

If they can't, they'll make up some last minute amendment to allow it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

One word for this week’s banner:

Frolic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:02 pm 
Robert Walls

Round 22 team v Melbourne

Backs: Adam Saad - Lewis Young - Sam Docherty

Half-backs: Caleb Marchbank - Mitch McGovern - Jacob Weitering

Centreline: Lochie O'Brien - Patrick Cripps - Jack Newnes

Half-forwards: Zac Fisher - Harry McKay - Jack Silvagni

Forwards: Matthew Owies - Charlie Curnow - Corey Durdin

Followers: Marc Pittonet - Adam Cerra - Sam Walsh

Interchange: Matthew Cottrell - Jack Martin - Jesse Motlop - Liam Stocker

Emergencies: Tom De Koning - Paddy Dow - Brodie Kemp - Will Setterfield

In: Marc Pittonet, Liam Stocker
Out: Tom De Koning, Paddy Dow, Will Setterfield

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:11 pm 
Rod Ashman

bluechampion wrote:

This is far from our worst team of the year. Sure, Hewett & Kennedy have been extremely important to us. But the starting 18 is pretty good with Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Pittonet in the middle, a solid defensive 6, pretty handy forward line. Wings a bit suspect and it falls away a bit once the rotations come into play and our depth around the ball is tested. But still, not terrible. If we play at our brutal best, we're a shot here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:15 pm 
Bert Deacon

Crusader wrote:
One word for this week’s banner:

Frolic
Hopefully Townshend and Crippa run out together and burst through it arm-in-arm :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
bluechampion wrote:

This is far from our worst team of the year. Sure, Hewett & Kennedy have been extremely important to us. But the starting 18 is pretty good with Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Pittonet in the middle, a solid defensive 6, pretty handy forward line. Wings a bit suspect and it falls away a bit once the rotations come into play and our depth around the ball is tested. But still, not terrible. If we play at our brutal best, we're a shot here!

Well said 17th.

I just had a look and think about the teams.

Stocker rotates with the back 6
Cottrell rotates on the wings or tags
Motlop rotates with small forwards Owies and Durdin ( 3 blokes without engines yet)
Martin rotates through HF/ mid/ 23rd sub :wink: (cant see him lasting the 100 minutes)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:36 pm 
Geoff Southby

Who will step up in the absence of Hewitt & Kennedy? We know it won’t be Dow & Setterfield. Could it be SOJ? Maybe Durdin & Fisher spend time in the guts? How will Cerra respond?

I can’t see us winning - I’d give us a more of a chance if it were at the Dome (I never thought I’d say that).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

The MCG should suit us more than them.
Harder for them to intercept from defence. Easier for our forwards to lead into space.
And they’re not a super quick team.
BUT as everyone has been saying we need to be more bold a faster in transition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 pm 
Ken Hunter

Wojee wrote:
1 - Chris Donlon
9 - Matt Stevic
20 - Jamie Broadbent
EM: 37 - Matthew Baigent

No Williamson now, but can the AFL play an umpire who isn't named as an emergency?

Crippa will have to be extra cautious this week. Not only will they hardly pay him anything and pay everything against him, but they will also be ready to pounce on any minor indiscretion. I normally feel for him but this week even more so.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Looks like rain tomorrow night...
May add to the idea of Curnow up, even to the middle.... and Saad coming up behind the contest.. . Will need bigger bodies around the contest and pace on the outside..

Still can't see us getting many clearances

Go Blues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

Stocker coming in will allow Saad to play further up the ground and assist Docherty.
Still think we might be too tall with McGov & Marchbank playing along side Young and Weits.
I just don’t see what McGov adds right now. Even back, he doesn’t do enough. It’s sad.

Ps, Williams loss is a big hit as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm treating the next two weeks as if we are playing finals, so if we miss out, I still feel like we've been there.

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:01 am 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
Stocker coming in will allow Saad to play further up the ground and assist Docherty.
Still think we might be too tall with McGov & Marchbank playing along side Young and Weits.
I just don’t see what McGov adds right now. Even back, he doesn’t do enough. It’s sad.

We’re not too tall. It will look that way when the other mob run it up rather than bomb it long, leaving McGovern all at sea, but it won’t be a height mismatch.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

SurreyBlue wrote:

I can't see Saad controlling his own destiny. I'd expect Melksham to play a defensive role on him. Much the same as Keays did.
So it amplifies our reliance on McGovern. He's an elite kick and we'll need him if Saad is locked away. Plus having Lever and May zoning off in our front half. McGoverns precise kicking to by-pass them will be important.
I'd expect Petty and May to take Charlie and Harry, leaving Lever to take a small and drop off. It will be a big job for that player to limit his influence. Hopefully Jack Martin catches alight, requiring him to defend a player.

I'd play Marchbank on Fritsch and Weiters on Brown. I'd then play Young on Luke Jackson whether he's up forward or in the ruck. I'm not usually a proponent of having a relieving ruck playing in defence but this combination may be our opportunity. I'd expect Stocker to replace Newnes as 7th defender and Newnes to go back to wing rotation.
Could Cottrell play a defensive role on Ed Langdon?

JSOS' role will be interesting. Do they play him as an attacking forward/second ruck? A defensive forward on Lever or as I would, a defensive midfield role on Oliver.
We've been very reluctant to change things up this year so I'm not sure it will happen. We've consistently changed personnel but not structures.

My one change of role is the half backs at centre bounces. Docherty often comes running in off the back of the square but usually in an offensive role. Wanting the receive. Instead get Stocker to come in with a defensive mindset. Crunch any Demon player taking a forward handball. Get them looking around from early in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:00 am 
formerly King Kenny

DocSherrin III wrote:
I thought he was great. If you're looking for fault in a bit of designer ripped denim jeans, then it tells me you're seeking criticism before the lad opens his mouth. What Harry said was spot on. The year has been a success in terms of implementing the culture and leadership that we want moving forward. He spoke about changes of coach, CEO and President taking place but a core group of on-field leaders who were on the same page and hell bent on taking the club forward and achieving success. Harry was too young to remember Rachel Hunter, but what he was saying echoed the New Zealand beauty to a T. "It won't heppen overnight, but it wull heppen".

Doc is back!

Agree with this.

The cultural change Voss has implemented is success, without even kicking a ball.

12 wins is already 1 more than I tipped before the season, and a big leap on the last 8-9yrs in any season.

Fronting the media is embracing the pressure, what he wears or says, isn’t going to change our approach in game day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:02 am 
formerly King Kenny

sinbagger wrote:
I’d like to see Stocker have a run in the midfield. We need some size and strength to replace Cripps, Kennedy and Hewitt.

Stocker, Dow, Walsh and Cerra. Maybe some JSOS too.

We need him back pocket to free up Saad.

Last week we learnt how much we miss a Newman, Boyd or Stocker in the back 7.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:09 am 
Ken Hunter

I agree with BV forecast that Young could follow Jackson, seems a logical answer to the second ruck question.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:11 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

What do we do then if/Gawn goes forward?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next