Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

grrofunger wrote:
Club website shows 2 Weitering's

Bonus !!

Yes!!,

Releases Young to play KPF / Ruck

Harry FF

Releases Charlie HHF, and let’s see his engine running forward.
No defender can tag him when he’s playing the Dusty type…go where you want.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
I say to hell with it, let's try something different.

Throw JSOS and Charlie into the centre square mix with Walsh, Dow and Cerra. Pitto in the ruck. Harry and TDK the key forwards. If they can't mark it, it must come to ground for Owies, Motlop, Durdin, Fish and Martin, to do their thing. Cottrell tags Langdon all game all over the ground. We can't stop Viney, Truck, Ginger Megs, Brayshaw, Jackson and Gawn so we must play our own game and back ourselves to spread their defense. Out aim should be keepings off and stop the intercept marks. I would love to see our guys spot up between 40-50 out and keep pinging away from there.

What's the worst that can happen? If we play by the numbers we will get rolled. Might as well show some variety and dash.

Regards Cazzesman

I like Charlie and sos in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie and Silvagni have engines, Charlie the quicker. Let ‘‘em run, rotate midd / HHF
Both are marking forwards too. Both can kick a goal. Charlie kicks them from 50..I’m talking snap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DeKoning Dow & Setterfield we’re rewarded for last weeks output.

I’m all for it because it tells me MC feel the same way as most.
I don’t know if we are in a position to drop both.
I wonder if Dow would be able to follow orders and play Vossy footy.
Dow can rid his image as a weak performer. IMO he’s soft. Really soft in every way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:02 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Midfield rotation should be interesting.........

(yes,..... singular)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

billc3 wrote:

(yes,..... singular)

Go Blues

:lol: … Durdin, Owies, Fisher … all our big boys … is that all right?
Have we got a choice?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:

(yes,..... singular)

Go Blues

Have we got a choice?
Ok... 3 rotations?
:lol:

Still, will be interesting to see what we do.... And fingers crossed Pitto hits a few to our advantage

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
billc3 wrote:

(yes,..... singular)

Go Blues

Have we got a choice?

We still have Cerra and Walsh - our two under 22 All Australian selections. :grin: They should be able to do it by themselves, I mean 1 Dalek can beat all the Cybermen in the universe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 pm 
Ken Hunter

I just had a look at Melbourne's results this year. It's interesting, some here play down our 8-2 start because of who we played, but you look at Melbourne's 10-0 start and the best team they beat was 8th-placed Richmond. Since then they're 4-6... They had two huge wins against Brisbane and Freo... and that's about it! The Brisbane result is about the only thing that differentiates their season from ours. Yeah yeah, reigning premiers, I get it... Still reckon we can do these!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Carlton by 154 points

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:49 pm 
Robert Walls

CK95 wrote:
Carlton by 154 points

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

The old Cripps 155 point influence!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:28 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Charlie free on a wing?

Quote:
Former AFL coach Brenton Sanderson has urged Carlton to make significant adjustments to its game plan, suggesting a change for star forward Charlie Curnow.

The Blues are currently facing the idea of missing finals, a drastic change from their early-season expectations with the side sitting third on the ladder heading into the bye.

With their last two games consisting of matchups against premiership contenders Melbourne and Collingwood, Sanderson believes Carlton must make big adjustments.

“Carlton normally take more marks than the opposition, they control the tempo, they share the ball around… we need to see more dare in offence now,” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/11/former-coach-suggests-big-change-for-coleman-leading-curnow/

Quote:
Curnow has kicked 61 goals throughout 2022, five clear of Geelong's Jeremy Cameron in second.

“He’s got a great engine, he’s got aerial, he’s great around contest, throw him up on the wing for five or eight minutes if things aren’t going your way,” he said.

“A bit like how Richmond use Dustin Martin or how Collingwood use (Jordan) De Goey, why not do it with Curnow?

“Don’t be afraid to look at something different within the game, go smaller in the forward line, put Curnow up around the footy.”

Sanderson believes the Blues could pair this adjustment with a change in their midfield approach during the moments when Curnow would be playing his traditional forward position.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:35 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Charlie free on a wing?

Quote:
Former AFL coach Brenton Sanderson has urged Carlton to make significant adjustments to its game plan, suggesting a change for star forward Charlie Curnow.

The Blues are currently facing the idea of missing finals, a drastic change from their early-season expectations with the side sitting third on the ladder heading into the bye.

With their last two games consisting of matchups against premiership contenders Melbourne and Collingwood, Sanderson believes Carlton must make big adjustments.

“Carlton normally take more marks than the opposition, they control the tempo, they share the ball around… we need to see more dare in offence now,” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/11/former-coach-suggests-big-change-for-coleman-leading-curnow/

Quote:
Curnow has kicked 61 goals throughout 2022, five clear of Geelong's Jeremy Cameron in second.

“He’s got a great engine, he’s got aerial, he’s great around contest, throw him up on the wing for five or eight minutes if things aren’t going your way,” he said.

“A bit like how Richmond use Dustin Martin or how Collingwood use (Jordan) De Goey, why not do it with Curnow?

“Don’t be afraid to look at something different within the game, go smaller in the forward line, put Curnow up around the footy.”

Sanderson believes the Blues could pair this adjustment with a change in their midfield approach during the moments when Curnow would be playing his traditional forward position.

His goal kicking can be inconsistent but personally I think his field kicking is elite. Him kicking it inside 50 would be a real weapon for us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Free Saad's electric speed as the extra number at the contest suggested by Sanderson on SEN

Quote:
They’re so good at contest and clearance you can even go one down at the contest, so play six forwards, play one (less) in the midfield at contest, at clearance, and throw someone (extra) behind the ball… free up someone like Saad,” he said.

“If you lose clearance, you’ve got the extra number, and then Adam Saad is free to run kamikaze, let’s take this game on like that last quarter against the Lions, and you’ve still got six forwards, you’ve still got even numbers.

“If you win clearance, even though you’re outnumbered by one there, you go to an even-numbered forward line… whoever is going to play as that seventh defender can then go back forward into the midfield and then equalise.”

“I wouldn’t be afraid to do something like that, to give the opposition another look.”

Does that really jeopardise a possibility to win an AA for a HB role? Is that really important?

We have to win this game, and it isnt our contested bulls Hewett and Kennedy who are going to help us here.

Its Cripps and Walsh and...the outside ball after the clearance.

WE have to stop the ball getting in the hands of Oliver and Petracca. Viney can contest against Cripps.

Back in 2013?? after Carlton won its first 4 games of the year James Hird smothered our outside running power of Judd Stevens and Murphy by surrounding them with another bunch of players who didnt let our boys get the ball out of the area...they won. Admittedly they were on the juice, played ultra dirty and played to maim and injure players. I think we got 4 injured in the first quarter....Loneghan broke Carrazzo's shoulder in a dirty filthy Sheedy like move.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Free Saad's electric speed as the extra number at the contest suggested by Sanderson on SEN

Quote:
They’re so good at contest and clearance you can even go one down at the contest, so play six forwards, play one (less) in the midfield at contest, at clearance, and throw someone (extra) behind the ball… free up someone like Saad,” he said.

“If you lose clearance, you’ve got the extra number, and then Adam Saad is free to run kamikaze, let’s take this game on like that last quarter against the Lions, and you’ve still got six forwards, you’ve still got even numbers.

“If you win clearance, even though you’re outnumbered by one there, you go to an even-numbered forward line… whoever is going to play as that seventh defender can then go back forward into the midfield and then equalise.”

“I wouldn’t be afraid to do something like that, to give the opposition another look.”

Does that really jeopardise a possibility to win an AA for a HB role? Is that really important?

We have to win this game, and it isnt our contested bulls Hewett and Kennedy who are going to help us here.

Its Cripps and Walsh and...the outside ball after the clearance.

WE have to stop the ball getting in the hands of Oliver and Petracca. Viney can contest against Cripps.

Back in 2013?? after Carlton won its first 4 games of the year James Hird smothered our outside running power of Judd Stevens and Murphy by surrounding them with another bunch of players who didnt let our boys get the ball out of the area...they won. Admittedly they were on the juice, played ultra dirty and played to maim and injure players. I think we got 4 injured in the first quarter....Loneghan broke Carrazzo's shoulder in a dirty filthy Sheedy like move.

This is a very confusing article, maybe I just can't see what he is trying to say.
1. We haven't been winning the clearances for a few weeks now and having 1 less mid at the contest will make sure we don't.
2. Pulling Charlie out of the forward line, our most dangerous forward seems ridiculous and to be honest it sounds like he just wants him to not win the Coleman.
3. The centre bounce is where we are losing the most footy so how on earth are we going to play one less in the middle.

I'd prefer to see us push the ball into the F50 at all costs and lock it in TBH.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 am 
formerly Fevola

Does anyone give us any chance? I am hoping for St Kilda to lose and Bulldogs to lose (bloody GWS). Then we have no pressure on this game and we can just treat it as a bonus game. I know too good to be true, but who knows.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:33 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I give us some chance. I would love us to get through by winning and not rely on others losing.

I think though that if bulldogs and saints have lost by time our game starts we'll lose :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:36 am 
Harry Vallence

bluehammer wrote:
I give us some chance. I would love us to get through by winning and not rely on others losing.

I think though that if bulldogs and saints have lost by time our game starts we'll lose :lol:

Surely if the Dogs and Saints have lost, there'd be about half a dozen flu related late withdrawals?

Massive LOL if they spent all that effort getting Cripps's suspension overturned just to pull him out five minutes before the bounce with general soreness.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Surely if the Dogs and Saints have lost, there'd be about half a dozen flu related late withdrawals?

Massive LOL if they spent all that effort getting Cripps's suspension overturned just to pull him out five minutes before the bounce with general soreness.
Oh wouldn't that be great :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:48 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

Oh wouldn't that be great :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
bluehammer wrote:

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next