Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:10 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Even if we “fall” into the finals and are out in the first week, I think it’s an invaluable experience for our list. Remember that hardly anyone on our list has actually played in a final. Let them get over the experience this year and next year they can treat it like just another tough game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:41 pm 
Garry Crane

Durdin in the middle ,said few weeks a go he could our prestia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 pm 
formerly Fevola

i hope we take a risk this week and play someone like Durdin or Stocker in the middle. And just play on and play bold footy. Better go down fighting than playing scared.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

jpulice1969 wrote:

Be interesting. Was tried in the middle at SANFL level and didn't do a lot. Motlop showed a bit in the midfield at WAFL level and club said when recruited he is a mid/fwd. Fisher was recruited as a mid and had great numbers at Undrr 18 level in midfield.

Honey is think can play up the ground but not mid. Martin has shown bits as a mid but not consistently. IMO Setterfield's best role is as an inside mid so this may be his chance. Fogarty has been playing a lot of mid in VFL lately and was a mid as a junior.

Stocker is a mid but isn't fit enough and there are issues with attitude. Hayes can play mid

Kemp I have no doubt could be a gun mid if given chance. Carroll I really like but is young and has been injured

We have options but nothing stands out at the moment

So this weekend we have:

Walsh Cerra as definites
Dow Fisher as next options
then.............

Last edited by FarmerBlue on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:52 pm 
Geoff Southby

rhino27 wrote:

Yep. Can pretty much forget getting in on % alone. Need to win one. For the record, I think we will beat the pies in round 23.

Geez, I hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Sidefx wrote:
We're all good, apparently Paolo has found a Cripps replacement.

https://twitter.com/paulseb05/status/1556968891045527552

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

FarmerBlue wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:

Be interesting. Was tried in the middle at SANFL level and didn't do a lot. Motlop showed a bit in the midfield at WAFL level and club said when recruited he is a mid/fwd. Fisher was recruited as a mid and had great numbers at Undrr 18 level in midfield.

Honey is think can play up the ground but not mid. Martin has shown bits as a mid but not consistently. IMO Setterfield's best role is as an inside mid so this may be his chance. Fogarty has been playing a lot of mid in VFL lately and was a mid as a junior.

Stocker is a mid but isn't fit enough and there are issues with attitude. Hayes can play mid

Kemp I have no doubt could be a gun mid if given chance. Carroll I really like but is young and has been injured

So this weekend we have:

Walsh Cerra as definites
then.............

Goodness me….

a room full of artichokes…and not a thing to eat…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:09 pm 
Rod Ashman

david31 wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
david31 wrote:
To be even half a chance to win this one we need to come with manic pressure. Effectively that’s what got Collingwood over this mob last week.

Also need to take the game on from half back. Change angles and use the corridor where possible. Melbourne sweat on the long down the line kick with May, Lever and Petty stationed behind the ball. They do squeeze the ground very high when they’ve got the ball locked in their forward 50 so you can get them out the back but only if you’re willing to take the game on through the middle.

Finally we need to get inventive with the midfield. Maybe try JSOS in a midfield role negating a key Melbourne ball winner. Give Motlop or Durdin a couple of CBAs. They will do it with Pickett. Motlop has done it at WAFL level and Durdin was a midfield until u17/18s.

What's a 'CBA'?
(Sorry for my ignorance...)

Centre bounce attendance

Thx. And I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

Lewis Young was great when he went into the ruck.

I would like to see him pinch hit in the centre bounce and the head back to backline after that.

We got our hands on the ball first when he was rucking.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Yep. Can pretty much forget getting in on % alone. Need to win one. For the record, I think we will beat the pies in round 23.

Geez, I hope so.

So do I!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have a feeling GWS beat the Dogs on Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully between that and Brisbane, it's a dead rubber.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
I have a feeling GWS beat the Dogs on Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully between that and Brisbane, it's a dead rubber.

I would've given GWS a massive chance if Toby was playing. He is not only a ripper player but the leader of that club. They walk taller when he is on the field.
Having said that, dogs are pretty average at best so an upset wouldn't totally shock.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
The next two weeks are made for Voss.
Any chance we have will rely on effort, intensity, attitude.
(Plus a few very basic skill and tactical improvements.... ie. hit your targets, lower your eyes, use your teammates, help your teammates...)

But, if we can just find a way to win one of these games and/or the Bulldogs drop one, we'll hopefully be close to full strength and kicking down the door in the first week of the finals!
PS. I do think we'll find a way to win one, and I also think the Bulldogs will drop one.

Like that 17 p . We can actually lose remaining two games and still make finals . But it will come down to percentage and that is why we must not get blown away and have our percentage wrecked . Two honourable losses with narrow margins could see us retain our spot in the eight .

I hope you're right.

With percentage difference between Dogs and Blues is exactly 2% or a score differential of 16 points.

They would have to win each of their games by 4 points, and we would have to lose our two games by 4 points and we would be even.

I dont think GWS (without Toby) and Hawks (in Tassie) can beat Dogs outfit desperate to make Finals, with practically a full list avaiable.

Jeez , i didn't think the margin was so fine Bondi . ...............dare to dream i suppose .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hopefully the MC are putting plenty of time in to Fritsch and Pickett.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 pm 
Geoff Southby

Seems like rain forecast. Dee licious

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

I say to hell with it, let's try something different.

Throw JSOS and Charlie into the centre square mix with Walsh, Dow and Cerra. Pitto in the ruck. Harry and TDK the key forwards. If they can't mark it, it must come to ground for Owies, Motlop, Durdin, Fish and Martin, to do their thing. Cottrell tags Langdon all game all over the ground. We can't stop Viney, Truck, Ginger Megs, Brayshaw, Jackson and Gawn so we must play our own game and back ourselves to spread their defense. Out aim should be keepings off and stop the intercept marks. I would love to see our guys spot up between 40-50 out and keep pinging away from there.

What's the worst that can happen? If we play by the numbers we will get rolled. Might as well show some variety and dash.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Cazzesman wrote:

Throw JSOS and Charlie into the centre square mix with Walsh, Dow and Cerra. Pitto in the ruck. Harry and TDK the key forwards. If they can't mark it, it must come to ground for Owies, Motlop, Durdin, Fish and Martin, to do their thing. Cottrell tags Langdon all game all over the ground. We can't stop Viney, Truck, Ginger Megs, Brayshaw, Jackson and Gawn so we must play our own game and back ourselves to spread their defense. Out aim should be keepings off and stop the intercept marks. I would love to see our guys spot up between 40-50 out and keep pinging away from there.

What's the worst that can happen? If we play by the numbers we will get rolled. Might as well show some variety and dash.

Regards Cazzesman

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jpulice1969 wrote:

Durdin is tougher and stronger than Fisher in the contest.

I see Fisher getting thrown around, not as much so for Durdin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:53 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
jpulice1969 wrote:

Honey is think can play up the ground but not mid. Martin has shown bits as a mid but not consistently. IMO Setterfield's best role is as an inside mid so this may be his chance. Fogarty has been playing a lot of inside mid in VFL lately and was a mid as a junior.

So this weekend we have:

Walsh Cerra as definites
then.............

Lets not over rate Fog. He is limited, but can extract well and dish off a handball ala Cripps (not that good, but good)

We have options. All you mentioned are options. Carroll has been below avearge since he returned to VFL imo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:56 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Bring on Terry Wallace's Dogs Super Flood circa 2000 vs Effendruggies

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next