Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:34 am 
Harry Vallence

Honestly don't get how Melbourne are such heavy favourites and we should be fearing them?

Last 10 games they have won 4 and lost 6, the same as us.

I'd give us more than an outside chance tonight. Go blues!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:31 am 
Bruce Doull

Geez…

wish Boyd was fit…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
1 - Chris Donlon
9 - Matt Stevic
20 - Jamie Broadbent
EM: 37 - Matthew Baigent

No Williamson now, but can the AFL play an umpire who isn't named as an emergency?

Crippa will have to be extra cautious this week. Not only will they hardly pay him anything and pay everything against him, but they will also be ready to pounce on any minor indiscretion. I normally feel for him but this week even more so.

In other words business as usual …

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

Surely we take something from collingwood's second half last week & play on & move the ball quickly tonight

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Or even our own 2nd half last week.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

I wonder why we refuse to tag opposition match winners.
Is it because we don’t have a good enough tagger or because it doesn’t fit our game plan?
I’d tag Oliver or Ed Langdon tonight.
However, I’m not sure why people keep mentioning Cottrell other than he is a good runner. Has he ever played an effective tagging role?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:07 pm 
formerly King Kenny

17th Premiership wrote:
Is it because we don’t have a good enough tagger or because it doesn’t fit our game plan?
However, I’m not sure why people keep mentioning Cottrell other than he is a good runner. Has he ever played an effective tagging role?

I stated last week, tag Neale we have a chance, don’t tag we lose. It’s obviously more complicated than that, but look what happened last night. Saints should have won, if not for bad kicking, Neale was shutdown.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

The weather has turned to crap.
Rain and thunder at my place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GreatEx wrote:
I agree with BV forecast that Young could follow Jackson, seems a logical answer to the second ruck question.

Yeah its a great idea that makes a lot of sense...killing 2 birds with one stone.

Young and Jackson. Has a ring about it. I feel like a beer now. :beer:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:31 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:

He's been playing a tagging role for the last 4-5 weeks, since the Saints game, when he closed down Hill after quarter time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
The weather has turned to crap.
Rain and thunder at my place.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

If it means snow, then maybe Dees fans will head to Buller for the weekend.

I was told it will stop around 6pm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

FMD, hope we get gifted the game like the Dogs were

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Juddy&theKruezers wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Wojee wrote:
1 - Chris Donlon
9 - Matt Stevic
20 - Jamie Broadbent
EM: 37 - Matthew Baigent

No Williamson now, but can the AFL play an umpire who isn't named as an emergency?

Crippa will have to be extra cautious this week. Not only will they hardly pay him anything and pay everything against him, but they will also be ready to pounce on any minor indiscretion. I normally feel for him but this week even more so.

In other words business as usual …

Exactly.

If Cripps was paid all the frees he should get, he would be clocking up 50 disposals every game.

Remember that photo of 2 Saints players actually holding him at a throw in with the umpires eyes right on him, and no free paid?

Nothing has changed. What ever happened to protecting the ball player whose name isnt Lachie Neal? What happend to puch in the back, dropping the ball, kicking in danger....?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
Stocker coming in will allow Saad to play further up the ground and assist Docherty.
Still think we might be too tall with McGov & Marchbank playing along side Young and Weits.
I just don’t see what McGov adds right now. Even back, he doesn’t do enough. It’s sad.

Ps, Williams loss is a big hit as well.

I can't see Saad controlling his own destiny. I'd expect Melksham to play a defensive role on him. Much the same as Keays did.
So it amplifies our reliance on McGovern. He's an elite kick and we'll need him if Saad is locked away. Plus having Lever and May zoning off in our front half. McGoverns precise kicking to by-pass them will be important.
I'd expect Petty and May to take Charlie and Harry, leaving Lever to take a small and drop off. It will be a big job for that player to limit his influence. Hopefully Jack Martin catches alight, requiring him to defend a player.

I'd play Marchbank on Fritsch and Weiters on Brown. I'd then play Young on Luke Jackson whether he's up forward or in the ruck. I'm not usually a proponent of having a relieving ruck playing in defence but this combination may be our opportunity. I'd expect Stocker to replace Newnes as 7th defender and Newnes to go back to wing rotation.
Could Cottrell play a defensive role on Ed Langdon?

JSOS' role will be interesting. Do they play him as an attacking forward/second ruck? A defensive forward on Lever or as I would, a defensive midfield role on Oliver.
We've been very reluctant to change things up this year so I'm not sure it will happen. We've consistently changed personnel but not structures.

My one change of role is the half backs at centre bounces. Docherty often comes running in off the back of the square but usually in an offensive role. Wanting the receive. Instead get Stocker to come in with a defensive mindset. Crunch any Demon player taking a forward handball. Get them looking around from early in the game.
Agree BV about the defensive player shutting down the forward runner from the centre break.... But we just don't do it...
Doc or Saad running to receive looks a million bucks when we were winning clearances, but just doesn't seem that the opposite is occurring when we don't (which has been more often than not since the bye)...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:15 pm 
formerly King Kenny

JSOS on Oliver was something I thought about the other day too. Could be a good move.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:17 pm 
formerly Fevola

Traveller86 wrote:
Honestly don't get how Melbourne are such heavy favourites and we should be fearing them?

Ummmm Petraca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Viney will barge through us at will. Gawn will smash Pitto. Then you have their forward line and back line.

They play a running game and we cant tackle.

They are a few reasons I guess…….. I am a realist. I know anyone can beat anyone on any given day. But our attitude of late as not been one of positivity and urgency.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:20 pm 
Horrie Clover

Win this and we play finals.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Their forward line I'm not so worried about. No Tom McDonald means they rely more on Brown, & he's no world beater.

Their midfield & defence though, yep. Going to be hard work tonight.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Drewgirl wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Ummmm Petraca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Viney will barge through us at will. Gawn will smash Pitto. Then you have their forward line and back line.

They play a running game and we cant tackle.

Our attitude of late has not been one of positivity and urgency.

EFA
:thumbsup: Drewgirl

and keep this for the post game discussion post.... Save yourself the trouble of retyping something

Go Blues!

Last edited by billc3 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Rocky Henderson wrote:
Win this and we play finals.

We win this….

just give us the cup…!

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next