Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:56 am 
Harry Vallence

SEN trying their hardest to influence the tribunal re. Cripps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 am 
Robert Walls

So, in theory, aside from the selected 23 yesterday, these players are available for selection:

Stocker
Fogarty
Carroll
Kemp
Plowman
Pittonet
Honey
Hayes
Akuei
Mirkov

There will be at least once forced change with Martin going out (you'd think).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:19 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluechampion wrote:
So, in theory, aside from the selected 23 yesterday, these players are available for selection:

Stocker
Fogarty
Carroll
Kemp
Plowman
Pittonet
Honey
Hayes
Akuei
Mirkov

There will be at least once forced change with Martin going out (you'd think).

Probably 2 forced changes. Hope I'm wrong, but cant' see Cripps getting off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

99prelim wrote:
Can we please stop this witch hunt that is Dow being dropped...it's easy pickings and a distraction

Give him the last two weeks in the seniors...after all, how many other consistently underperforming players have we carried this year

I agree.

We have to be realistic that he's not going to be what SOS thought he'd be.

And, we need to increase his Trade value. This last game devalued him badly. Well, he did it to himself TBH: Ball watcher & Jogger.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

We have moved back to what we were as a team and as supporters...

Focussed on who to drop rather than who to bring in

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:03 pm 
Bob Chitty

i think we lost alot of synergy that was worked on over pre-season when pitto went down .. but lets look at our "one wood" as everyone likes to say .. from the first 6 to the last 6 weeks.

pitto, cripps, heweitt, kennedy, cerra with a late coming walsh ... compare to this week

cripps, walsh, cerra .... and thats it ... i think hewitt, kennedy are enourmous for our strcuture ... no one who comes in can replace what they do, and we have missed it the last few weeks.

TDK is a different ruckmen to Pitto, but i thought we looked more a chance in the ruck when SOS was in it, that we where when TDK was .. (and that is no means a slight on TDK, he is a few years away from being what we hope he can be)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The vicious cycle of modern Carlton has broken me again.

When you think we have finally turned it around, we regress to previous depths and produce two of the worst games you’ll see back to back. With everything to play for.

Just can’t fathom how we could be so poor? Raises so many questions. How and why have we fallen away so badly?

The mindset, intent, effort, work rate, pressure, skill level has all been deplorable and wouldn’t have beaten any other side. Inexcusable.

Bracing for utter heartbreak the next two weeks. Can’t see us winning either game.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

MPH78 wrote:

When you think we have finally turned it around, we regress to previous depths and produce two of the worst games you’ll see back to back. With everything to play for.

Just can’t fathom how we could be so poor? Raises so many questions. How and why have we fallen away so badly?

The mindset, intent, effort, work rate, pressure, skill level has all been deplorable and wouldn’t have beaten any other side. Inexcusable.

Bracing for utter heartbreak the next two weeks. Can’t see us winning either game.

Its really disheartening MPH. I feel your pain, and many many mates are down about the year that slipped through our hands.

I'm ok with the next 2 weeks and likelihood of missing Finals unless Dogs drop one.

I look at who we were in the first 10 rounds and the personnel we had at our disposal, and recognise Carlton and WCE were smashed by injury, and forced to play 10 depth players on a weekly basis.

You can't expect Fisher to go in the middle and be a Hewett or Kennedy. They are built for AFL, and Fisher isn't.

All those things you mention mindset, intent, effort, work rate, pressure, skill level ...now put the names Dow, Setterfield, LOB, Cottrell, Owies.....against those words and that will tell you something about our state of affairs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:43 pm 
Serge Silvagni

MPH78 wrote:

I’m with you MPH78.

It’s as if the players have no pride whatsoever in their performance. If they did, then they would be putting in better efforts. We still lack leadership. When SO MUCH is as stake, it would be plainly obvious to those watching that the players actually care and show a response. I’m not sure what hymn book the players are reading from down at PP but its apparent that is doesn’t contain the words many of us would expect to apply to being a team that is successful and winning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

MPH78 wrote:

Yep. Well summed up. They appear to have found another way to let themselves and the supporters down - raise the expectations with a good start to the season and fall off a cliff late in the year to miss the 8.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:
W Rioli was suspended before that was overturned at the tribunal for a similar (?) incident with Matt Rowell back in round one.

This is what Kane Cornes (lol) said at the time:

Quote:
The decision to allow Rioli to play in Round 2 was met with widespread criticism, but Cornes believes the Eagles small forward was faced with a lose-lose situation.

“Imagine if that was a Prelim Final and Matt Rowell is running back with the flight of the ball in his own forward line, and Willie Rioli doesn’t go, and Rowell takes an uncontested chest mark, goes back and kicks a goal and West Coast lose,” Cornes told SEN’s Whateley.

“Can you imagine how critical of Willie Rioli I would be? How critical commentators would be? How critical West Coast fans would be?

“We’re such hypocrites with this. We’ll be critical if Rioli doesn’t go, and we’ll be critical if he does go when I thought his intention was to actually take a chest mark and at the last minute, when we slow it down, frame by frame, he turns his body.

“On this occasion, I have a lot of sympathy for the players.”

Rowell continued to play out the game . Ah Chee was subbed out of the game with suspected concussion .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

Remember Round 3, 2001?

Have faith.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:41 pm 
Garry Crane

our mids need to rove /read the melb rucks ,we cant drop Dow he is crucified getting a game with all senior mids missing,

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:46 pm 
Geoff Southby

I'm thinking something like this.
Out: Cripps and Martin
In: Hayes, Honey and Carroll.

Setterfield and Hayes to rotate wing and middle.
Honey or Carroll to HFF, the other medi sub.

We need speed and size in the middle.
Unfortunately we don't have a player with both so we will have to spread it across a couple.
And hopefully with Setters, Hayes and Dow working together they already have some synergy from the 2s.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:57 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Dodo27 wrote:
Curnow/Mackay Vs May/Lever

What a good battle it will be....The outcome though is so predictable...Our Big boys will be nullified and smashed again...The delivery from the middle will be non existent, and May/Lever will be marking and chopping off every single rushed ball that gets kicked in!!

No way will they play Lever on Curnow.
Petty will get that gig, so lever can take 15 marks.... up against Durdin or Owies !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 pm 
Ken Hunter

MPH78 wrote:

I hear you.
The last 2 weeks have been pretty hard to take.
After so much promise in the first half of the year to be in this position is so disappointing.
We have only won 4 of the last 10 games and unless everything goes our way in the next fortnight we will miss the finals.
Feeling pretty deflated at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Outback Blue wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Another team on the rebound.
But, aren't we on the rebound?

We had a good last qtr... hope we don't get ahead of ourselves

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

How many here are going this week?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep I'm going. No idea why.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:
Yep I'm going. No idea why.

I am thinking about it.
No idea why either.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next