Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

CK95 wrote:
Can we still drop setterfield and Dow if cripps & Martin are out? Who's available?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Durdin
Hayes
Kemp
Pittonet
Stocker

Dow and Setterfield have to be dropped. I wonder if Kemp could play Setterfield's role or otherwise we could move Marchbank to the wing with Kemp or Stocker to play in defence.
Hayes to replace Dow.
If Martin is injured then he can be replaced by Durdin - otherwise Durdin could replace Owies anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

FarmerBlue wrote:
In:

Jesaulenko
Kernahan
Johnston
Bosustow
Hunter
Nicholls
Koutafidies
Judd
Stephen Silvagni
Ashman
Doull
Williams
Hopkins (Sub)

Thank you for thinking of me.

By the way, SOS's dad was a brilliant player, especially on wet grounds, the like of which we don't see any more. Used to call them mud heaps.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Traveller86 wrote:
I liked Durdin's cameo, needs to come straight back in.

Has been pretty useless the last 10 weeks

I'd give him some small midfield time. His burst out of packs might help

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:49 pm 
Robert Walls

Can we please stop this witch hunt that is Dow being dropped...it's easy pickings and a distraction

Give him the last two weeks in the seniors...after all, how many other consistently underperforming players have we carried this year

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:50 pm 
Harry Vallence

Plowman has an opponent in Fritsch. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind him trying to run interference on the defensive forward in Melksham. Him in for Setterfield. Marchbank gets his role. I'd love to see how Marchbank goes up against Langdon and see if we can get him close to that wingman role for next year.

Pitto comes in - good record against Gawn. I'm inclined to rest TDK and use Young as the spare ruck, but too good a ruck combo to not have a crack at, and if we are going to play finals we need to work out how that combo best works. JSOS may be unlucky again.

Stocker for Dow. Especially if Cripps is out, lets see him run with Petracca. Give him centre bounce minutes people were clambering for under Teague.

Durdin for Martin

JSOS survives if Cripps gets rubbed out.

Newnes survives as Hayes is worse. I reckon we'll win. Just.

B Plowman Weitering Saad
HB Docherty Young McGovern
C Cerra Stocker O'Brien
HF Fisher Curnow Cottrell
F Durdin McKay Owies
R Pittonet Cripps/JSOS Walsh
INT Newnes De Koning Motlop Marchbank (Kemp)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:55 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Plowman, Dow useless

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
I'd love to see how Marchbank goes up against Langdon and see if we can get him close to that wingman role for next year.

X2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:03 pm 
Garry Crane

99prelim wrote:
Can we please stop this witch hunt that is Dow being dropped...it's easy pickings and a distraction

Give him the last two weeks in the seniors...after all, how many other consistently underperforming players have we carried this year

Completely agree ! Not many players adjust to the pace and pressure in one game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

mymanmurph wrote:
99prelim wrote:

Completely agree ! Not many players adjust to the pace and pressure in one game.

I have always had hope that Dow would come good. Probably due to being a number 3 pick and wanting desperately to think that we haven’t stuffed up another early draft pick.

However, he completely lost me today. His inability to get involved in contests and win the disputed ball was terrible. He is a passenger and a ball watcher. When he gets the ball, he still lacks confidence to steady and make good decisions. Five years in the system tells me he won’t make it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

W Rioli was suspended before that was overturned at the tribunal for a similar (?) incident with Matt Rowell back in round one.

This is what Kane Cornes (lol) said at the time:

Quote:
The decision to allow Rioli to play in Round 2 was met with widespread criticism, but Cornes believes the Eagles small forward was faced with a lose-lose situation.

“Imagine if that was a Prelim Final and Matt Rowell is running back with the flight of the ball in his own forward line, and Willie Rioli doesn’t go, and Rowell takes an uncontested chest mark, goes back and kicks a goal and West Coast lose,” Cornes told SEN’s Whateley.

“Can you imagine how critical of Willie Rioli I would be? How critical commentators would be? How critical West Coast fans would be?

“We’re such hypocrites with this. We’ll be critical if Rioli doesn’t go, and we’ll be critical if he does go when I thought his intention was to actually take a chest mark and at the last minute, when we slow it down, frame by frame, he turns his body.

“On this occasion, I have a lot of sympathy for the players.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

FarmerBlue wrote:
In:

Jesaulenko
Kernahan
Johnston
Bosustow
Hunter
Nicholls
Koutafidies
Judd
Stephen Silvagni
Ashman
Doull
Williams
Hopkins (Sub)

These guys might just fall a goal or two short against Melbourne but let’s not forget that their average age is about 60.

:lol:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

Fogarty and Kemp. Maybe Kennedy and Stocker.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:47 pm 
Serge Silvagni

We want Plowman Back.... its not fair on him watching his teammates Turn over the ball and not get involved....

We need few more Clangers to hit the record books so plz bring him back in!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:51 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Curnow/Mackay Vs May/Lever

What a good battle it will be....The outcome though is so predictable...Our Big boys will be nullified and smashed again...The delivery from the middle will be non existent, and May/Lever will be marking and chopping off every single rushed ball that gets kicked in!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:30 am 
Robert Walls

Humpers wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Can we still drop setterfield and Dow if cripps & Martin are out? Who's available?

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Durdin
Hayes
Kemp
Pittonet
Stocker

Dow and Setterfield have to be dropped. I wonder if Kemp could play Setterfield's role or otherwise we could move Marchbank to the wing with Kemp or Stocker to play in defence.
Hayes to replace Dow.
If Martin is injured then he can be replaced by Durdin - otherwise Durdin could replace Owies anyway.

I would be tempted to bring all 5 in - we have nothing to lose now.

Pittonet > TDK
Hayes > Cripps*
Durdin > Martin*
Kemp > Setterfield
Stocker > Dow

* Assuming suspension and injury.

The rest are changes that should be made anyway - Kemp and Stocker are classy and hard at it. JSOS is an adequate backup ruck with versatility and TDK needs a rest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:22 am 
Rod Ashman

Humpers wrote:
Rod Spooky Galt wrote:
I'd love to see how Marchbank goes up against Langdon and see if we can get him close to that wingman role for next year.

X2

At this stage he’d get run off his feet. Be very surprised if he has the endurance to run with Langdon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:56 am 
Harry Vallence

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
FarmerBlue wrote:
In:

Jesaulenko
Kernahan
Johnston
Bosustow
Hunter
Nicholls
Koutafidies
Judd
Stephen Silvagni
Ashman
Doull
Williams
Hopkins (Sub)

Thank you for thinking of me.

By the way, SOS's dad was a brilliant player, especially on wet grounds, the like of which we don't see any more. Used to call them mud heaps.

I remember him well. Might be a good in with Hewett & Kennedy out. He could win a contested ball

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 am 
Bob Chitty

Do you know what, if we go out without a whimper then I don't think we have progressed anywhere near enough as we think we have ...

All the talk on the radio is we are done, will miss out on percentage unless Bulldogs lose etc..

If that isn't motivation enough to smash the deed, then close the doors.

This is the first finals campaign in years .. and we aren't prepared to fight for it??

Crows was lazy
Lions was insipid

If we can't get up and fight against the dees and especially the pies .. then close the doors.

I don't mean winning. I can handle Losing .. but if we don't put up any fight and and give ourselves an opportunity to win, that what is the point of this club

It should be to play and win finals .. we dont seem even prepared to fight for the opportunity..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:53 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Plowman must be dropped.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:56 am 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
Plowman must be dropped.

And what does it take for Dow to get a game?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next