Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

$5 at $21.

Congratulations Patrick Cripps!

Blue is the colour, Blue is our colourful conversation, football is the game, talking carlton is our aim, we're all together, we're all together, winning is our aim, arguing is a pain, let's debate for gain. .. .!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BLUEBAGGER BROWNLOW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:58 pm 
Rod Ashman

I like to make up stats, first time a club has had the Coleman and Brownlow medalists and missed the 8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:01 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Some good news to finish the season! Well done Crippa! May this be the start of something beautiful. Bring on 2023!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 pm 
Ken Hunter

Great result. His determination to get success inspires me.
We are definitely in good hands.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:09 pm 
John Nicholls

Can't overstate how important this is for the team.

Individual award and all that, but they'll all stand so much taller running out behind this absolute warrior now. Why wouldn't you.

I'm drunk and emotional. 2023 can't come soon enough.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:11 pm 
Robert Walls

Well done Cripps! So well deserved. Would have been criminal if he finished his career without a Brownlow.

The only missing piece now is playing finals and a Premiership. Time to pay him back Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just as Elliot was kicking that goal to put us out of the 8 the umps were writing down 3 votes to Cripps for a BOG and Brownlow

Well done Crippa ...... Simply awesome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

DesEnglish wrote:
I like to make up stats, first time a club has had the Coleman and Brownlow medalists and missed the 8

Not the first time.

Happened in 1961 also.

Have a guess who did it then? LOL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Traveller86 wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:

Not the first time.

Happened in 1961 also.

Have a guess who did it then? LOL

Amazing ....... Wouldn't read about it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Oooh oooh….

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Effes wrote:
Yes

CRIPPS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:59 am 
John Nicholls

tommi wrote:
Oooh oooh….

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis…!

kindest regards tommi

"We got Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: "

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:14 am 
Geoff Southby

Cripps is a terrific player. Has been fantastic from his second year onwards.
Super tough, super competitive great awareness in close.
I have been through Northampton last year. Incredible to think of how many good footballers have come from such a small town. And a well spoken intelligent guy.

At least he is deserving of an individual award with the recognition that he is the best player in the competition.

But really let’s face it it’s a bullshit award and every year it gets worse
Tit fest with bimbos full of Botox. Might as well watch Love Island. Not much difference.
An award decided by the guys and girls officiating who most posters and readers on this site abuse the crap out of who only acknowledge mid fielders.
How Brodie Smith did not get 3 votes in the game against Adelaide is bullshit if your being objective.
Walshand Cripps may have been worthy of one vote for the amount of ball they got that day but there were half a dozen Crows who had a bigger influence on the result.

Then there is the incident against The Lions. The report shouldnt have been dismissed particularly with The AFL coming down on head high contact. Cripps should of been rubbed out for that crude tackle but that would have spoilt the party. The AFL remind me of that 3 Rd boxing judge who gives the bout 118 to 110 even when the other fighter has had the living shit punched out of him although in saying all that I love him doing that because it shows he really does give a shit.
Unlike some of his team mates.
Some other poster highlighted the fact that we are the first team to have a Brownlow and Coleman medalist and miss the eight.
As a team we have a long way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 am 
Rod Ashman

keogh wrote:
I have been through Northampton last year. Incredible to think of how many good footballers have come from such a small town. And a well spoken intelligent guy.

At least he is deserving of an individual award with the recognition that he is the best player in the competition.

Tit fest with bimbos full of Botox. Might as well watch Love Island. Not much difference.
An award decided by the guys and girls officiating who most posters and readers on this site abuse the crap out of who only acknowledge mid fielders.
How Brodie Smith did not get 3 votes in the game against Adelaide is bullshit if your being objective.
Walshand Cripps may have been worthy of one vote for the amount of ball they got that day but there were half a dozen Crows who had a bigger influence on the result.

Then there is the incident against The Lions. The report shouldnt have been dismissed particularly with The AFL coming down on head high contact. Cripps should of been rubbed out for that crude tackle but that would have spoilt the party. The AFL remind me of that 3 Rd boxing judge who gives the bout 118 to 110 even when the other fighter has had the living shit punched out of him although in saying all that I love him doing that because it shows he really does give a shit.
Some other poster highlighted the fact that we are the first team to have a Brownlow and Coleman medalist and miss the eight.

As optimistic and praiseworthy as always K!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:27 am 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:

Not often I agree with you keogh. I guess it's nice to celebrate some individual success, but we are slipping into some real 1980's St Kilda loser areas by jumping up and down about winning these two awards rather than focusing on missing the finals. Probably would feel better about the whole thing if that was acknowledged (other than 'I'd rather be sober') at any point during the interview/speech.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:35 am 
Rod Ashman

Heavs wrote:
keogh wrote:

Not often I agree with you keogh. I guess it's nice to celebrate some individual success, but we are slipping into some real 1980's St Kilda loser areas by jumping up and down about winning these two awards rather than focusing on missing the finals. Probably would feel better about the whole thing if that was acknowledged (other than 'I'd rather be sober') at any point during the interview/speech.

Can we not just enjoy one day of others being salty? I have a mate that follows Brisbane and his tantrums make Kyrgios look like a saint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 am 
Harry Vallence

Heavs wrote:
keogh wrote:

Party poopers. The two of you.
He couldn't have been any more team orientated in that speech. It was all about us and where we are going and what we would like to achieve.
Let him/us enjoy the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 am 
Ken Hunter

:eek: Come on Heavs. I expect it from Keogh but not from you.

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:49 am 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
:eek: Come on Heavs. I expect it from Keogh but not from you.

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

The award is fast becoming meaningless and outdated Cazzeman
It doesn’t acknowledge any other players except mids
If the AFL want to push the “fair bit” then he should have been suspended
It’s a joke and needs revamping

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next