Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:51 am 
Stephen Kernahan

The objective AFL player ratings system had Cripps clear best on ground against Adelaide.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/sta ... 48/photo/1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:53 am 
Geoff Southby

Effes wrote:
The objective AFL player ratings system had Cripps clear best on ground against Adelaide.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/sta ... 48/photo/1

And clearly they have no idea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:56 am 
Harry Vallence

BS Keogh.

Yeah we lost but he was the sole reason we stayed within 2 goals of the Crows until they kicked away in the last.

21 contested, 6 tackles, 13 clearances.

Just because you're a miserable one who feeds off negativity doesn't detract from the fact he was best on ground.

I do agree on the team aspect but I think the club knows this. As mentioned above I've never seen a coach look as miserable as Voss when one of his players won the award....they know what we all know.

Just enjoy it for a day ffs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:05 am 
Geoff Southby

The only reason Smith didn’t get 3 was he is a HBF
Cripps had a very good game but how can a HBF not get 3 votes when he gets 37 possessions 13 inside 50s and 1019 metres gained
C’mon be objective
It’s not a fair award
I love Cripps and I’m happy for him to have the silverware for the effort and loyalty he puts in because of the way he plays but the Brownlow is such a bullshit award because it’s so biased towards mids
As I said it needs changing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 am 
Ken Hunter

To be fair, when you look at the MVP voting on here, it's always mids, mids, mids. "Best:" list on match reports: mids, mids, mids. Fantasy football scores: mids, mids, mids (sometimes rucks). It pays to be in the frame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:09 am 
Harry Vallence

Ok so start a thread on the AFL board talking about the flawed system of the Brownlow medal instead of killing the buzz in here.

That has nothing to do with Cripps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:13 am 
Ken Hunter

It's also unfair to focus on the 3 vs Adelaide if you're not also going to mention the 1 vs Richmond in r1 when he was clear BOG to almost everyone, and if you haven't also reviewed every one of Neale's 3s to make sure none of them should have been 2s or 1s. Also, tell us honestly who your top 10 for the season would be and let's count how many are mids.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:13 am 
Harry Vallence

Hey Keogh you've been a member on here since 2005 and not 1 post degrading the medal.
All of a sudden we finally get a HOME GROWN winner and surprise surprise your the first to bag it.
Go back to Talking Crows for the day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:16 am 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
:eek: Come on Heavs. I expect it from Keogh but not from you.

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

The award is fast becoming meaningless and outdated Cazzeman
It doesn’t acknowledge any other players except mids
If the AFL want to push the “fair bit” then he should have been suspended
It’s a joke and needs revamping

Keogh fairdinkum, if you tripped over a rock in your back yard that turned out to be gold, you would still be an angry man.

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:23 am 
Geoff Southby

What I loved last night was Voss’ reaction
He couldn’t give a shit about Cripps winning
He gets it
It’s a team game.
That’s what matters.
Everyone knows that Cripps is a great player
But winning a Brownlow really means jack shit in a team sport where Cripps hasn’t played a final in 9 seasons
I think Vossy would have been more worried about some of his Cripps’ teammates at the table getting too carried away by it all
Matthew Scarlett said it best
He couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about when it came to individual awards.
And he is dead right IMO
And he is a triple premiership player

The thing I got out of watching last nights coverage is we have the right coach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:30 am 
Geoff Southby

deano35 wrote:
Hey Keogh you've been a member on here since 2005 and not 1 post degrading the medal.
All of a sudden we finally get a HOME GROWN winner and surprise surprise your the first to bag it.
Go back to Talking Crows for the day.

It used to be an award way back in the day that acknowledged all types of players
Lockett won playing full forward
Fred Goldsmith won playing full back
Dempsey won playing in the ruck

I’m on here saying this stuff because I want the team to succeed
I honestly don’t give a shit who wins the Brownlow
I posted that on this thread a while back
Maybe if Cripps gets into financial difficulties in mid life he can sell the medal on EBay because that’s what the Brownlow is only worth
I reckon Voss probably doesn’t know where his medal is at home given his reaction last night

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Keoghs right in a way.

During our Golden Age between 1968 to 1987 we won 7 flags and never had a Brownlow Medallist- but we probably topped the team votes in the Brownlow Medal every year.

Don’t get me wrong I’m still celebrating Cripps win.

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 am 
Ken Hunter

I must have missed the posts where everyone was saying "woo-hoo, who needs #17 when we've got a Brownlow medalist!". Enjoy the moment, we have six months to think about what comes next.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:42 am 
John James

i had a draft here all about the cripps incident that nearly disqualified him.

i didn’t watch last night. first night together with partner in a week. took care of business with a bushwalk during the day; cooked dinner and too tired after that.

i just wanted to say i’m so freaking proud of Crippa for staying, for learning about the mental aspect of the game and most of all for leading when things were not going his way and capitalising when they were gone his way.

im sorry for Lochie Neal he totally deserved to win too. as did probably a handful of players in non-top four teams who will always struggle to rack up the points in a count very much based in the umpires and football world on who wins the game each week.

but hey Crippa wasn’t top four and he wasn’t [painfully to say it] top eight. but he shone through!!!

i busted my gut from the second quarter on in that last pies game riding circuits of Princess Park on my road bike. third quarter was an amazing feeling, each time i rode down Royal Parade with a tail wind and passed bagger HQ motlop or charlie or crippa would do something incredible to get us another goal i begin to dare to dream (i have to stop doing that and so do our players!).

i had hands raised :hands in the air: at least twice riding past the big CFC logo on the new gymnasium. i do this kinda thing every game and have done for years now.

i do it to try and lift the energy of the team, the butterfly effect :butterfly: cannot be ignored when you get such great feedback ;-) during the game. it’s funny how often a commentator on 3AW who used to play for the filth says “Walsh and Cripps have got on their bikes now and are winning all of the ball on the inside and out but they need to convert it to score board pressure”. keeps me out of the saddle on the tail wind straights. haha.

fourth quarter was a disaster. i should have gone clockwise with the change of ends :smile face: :butterfly: :data graph: :tears:

anyhow you can see how much i over identify with the sporting success of a bunch of dudes i’ve never even met, even the player who is a second cousin’s son to my mum or something :-)

listening to the SEN app on saturday nights post game two hour talkback after the pies lost to the pies supporters almost in tears was humbling. much as i hate them and loath the way they always blame the umpires for their losses, close games, i guess we do that too. didn’t think all the blues supporters ringing in (there was a lot of them!) razzing them up was very classy, but it did make the school-boy-bully in me laugh.

anyhow we’ll done Cripps and may this elevate your game and that of those around you and not detract from it as it does to a few other past recipients of the Brownlow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:53 am 
Ken Hunter

AGRO wrote:
Keoghs right in a way.

During our Golden Age between 1968 to 1987 we won 7 flags and never had a Brownlow Medallist- but we probably topped the team votes in the Brownlow Medal every year.

Geez Agro, don't enable the sad sack. :hitcomputer: :hitcomputer:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:02 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Cazzesman wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Keoghs right in a way.

Geez Agro, don't enable the sad sack. :hitcomputer: :hitcomputer:

Regards Cazzesman

The point that I was making is that through the Golden years we never won a Brownlow but we always won the most votes as a team.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 am 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
What I loved last night was Voss’ reaction
He couldn’t give a shit about Cripps winning
He gets it
It’s a team game.
That’s what matters.
Everyone knows that Cripps is a great player
But winning a Brownlow really means jack shit in a team sport where Cripps hasn’t played a final in 9 seasons
I think Vossy would have been more worried about some of his Cripps’ teammates at the table getting too carried away by it all
Matthew Scarlett said it best
He couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about when it came to individual awards.
And he is dead right IMO
And he is a triple premiership player

The thing I got out of watching last nights coverage is we have the right coach

Keogh - TC's resident Grinch that stole.......................well, everything joyful.

Here are some of Keogh's words of wisdom, back when he was a teacher, molding the young and impressionable..........

"Well kiddies, it's is going to be a miserable, tough, sad, disappointing life, so you might as well crawl back under the doona and just never come out. Tell your parents life is a fruitless exercise, and you are not going to bother playing in a rigged game."

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:10 am 
Ken Hunter

"Kids, it doesn't matter what yo achieve in life, a mid will always get the credit".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:14 am 
Robert Walls

Cazzesman wrote:
:eek: Come on Heavs. I expect it from Keogh but not from you.

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

Yes...said EXACTLY the same to my mates this morning.

It was like, "well done Crippa on a great season and the highest individual honor but I'm not here to coach Brownlow medallists. I'm here to win flags"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:14 am 
Ken Hunter

GreatEx wrote:
"Kids, it doesn't matter what yo achieve in life, a mid will always get the credit".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next