Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Dad being very supportive there!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Must have been sitting in the little chair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:52 pm 
Robert Walls

GreatEx wrote:
Dad being very supportive there!

Thinking of that elusive cup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Paddycripps wrote:
Who was the little fella at the players' table?
Didn't look like a footballer and acted like a clown.

Boyd?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just listened to the pod cast of Damo and Nat on AFL.com. That combined with the sheer volume of diatribe on social media along the lines of "he should never have been eligible", blah, blah blah. Its a form of bullying IMO (among a million other things). Just so disappointing. Then there is Gill and his comments. If you were so "agitated" by that decision to overturn the ban (on a process, you oversaw, thats been in place for years, and then decree a ruling around contact to the head is "sacrosanct" to completely confuse the whole process, then well its on you for not changing it. It suits his argument now, but ultimately its his failure and should not detract from Carlton (and many other teams) using the system available to them.

:banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

OK, so if for a second I take the 'what does the individual award mean to the team?' line as a question, let me have a go at answering...

I think for our side - not all sides - but our side it's big. I think it will make everyone in the club proud for a second, and then go - "what am I doing to support this guy?"

Sure, the medal doesn't alter the esteem in which he's held, but pair it with his speech, his team team team focus, and suddenly you have a figurehead of the club, recognised by the league, the officials, and dare I say the majority of supporters across the board by rightly or wrongly the most revered H&A award we have.

How can that not have a positive impact on the team, the club, the supporter base?

Live a little. Enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:39 pm 
John James

Mickstar wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman
Deep down I’m a happy positive guy who loves life
Just thinking practically
Winning a Brownlow means little in a team sport
We have all known Paddy has been a fantastic player for 8 years
Winning a Brownlow does nothing to change what we all know about him as a footballer
But when the 24 hours of happiness is up at least acknowledge that the Brownlow is flawed in its voting procedure needs changing and basically is a marketing exercise for Crown and female fashion not to mention the Botox

Keogh the AFL is flawed. Just ask Agro and he will say......."Let me count the ways."

Life is flawed. No-one, anywhere is playing on a level playing field with anything they do. Whereever choices have to be made the bias, nepotism and outright @#$%ery comes into play.

Just look at it this way - Small victories like Harry, Charlie and Crippa are good for the Brand. Good for the fans. Good for merch sales. Good for membership. It is all good. It provides a Positive attitude at the Club and it makes Carlton a destination Club. Yes the ultimate is a Premiership, but only one in 18 get it, so we just take the tiny wins when and where we can.

There is absolutely nothing negative about Crippa winning. Nothing!

And the most positive thing, is that Gill is furious Crippa slipped past his wicketkeeper and snagged the glory. IT IS ALL GOOD!!!!

And next pre-season, when they all see how hard Crippa is working to maintain his dominance, team-mates will get on board and the snowball will roll down hill, picking up speed and getting bigger. The words can be written large on the wall...........

'Do the work, get the results."

Regards Cazzesman

Well said Cazz . Baby steps ...................Afl flawed ? i would say its one of the LEAST flawed organisations in the country . By and large the AFL do a fantastic job . And the Brownlow flawed ? i say ape droppings to that . Year in year out it brings us absolute champions of the game . Heaven help the day they take it off the umpires and give it to some johhny come lately would be if they could be haughty taught panel . Yeah , sure they wouldn't have bias . Nah , the umps get it right time and time again for a 100 or so years . Of all of the outstanding players who have won it over the years you could possibly question them on 3 or 4 . Nah , the umps have a fantastic strike rate and let this wonderful award continue in this current format . Fantastic it is .

Greg Williams is probably prepared to concede that you don’t have to be perfectly correct for this statement to be of value. <snark/>.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

bluehammer wrote:
OK, so if for a second I take the 'what does the individual award mean to the team?' line as a question, let me have a go at answering...

I think for our side - not all sides - but our side it's big. I think it will make everyone in the club proud for a second, and then go - "what am I doing to support this guy?"

Sure, the medal doesn't alter the esteem in which he's held, but pair it with his speech, his team team team focus, and suddenly you have a figurehead of the club, recognised by the league, the officials, and dare I say the majority of supporters across the board by rightly or wrongly the most revered H&A award we have.

How can that not have a positive impact on the team, the club, the supporter base?

Live a little. Enjoy it.
Look how excited the table was. It means a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Paddycripps wrote:

I've been asked that question today from a couple of people, and I asked around too.

It had to be a player to be on the players table. Was it Boyd?

Whoever it was...what a clown. Not good viewing and not good for our Brand. Grow up flower.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

I've been asked that question today from a couple of people, and I asked around too.

Whoever it was...what a clown. Not good viewing and not good for our Brand. Grow up flower.

Charlie wasn’t much better

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:02 pm 
Wayne Johnston

keogh wrote:
The only reason Smith didn’t get 3 was he is a HBF
Cripps had a very good game but how can a HBF not get 3 votes when he gets 37 possessions 13 inside 50s and 1019 metres gained
C’mon be objective
It’s not a fair award
I love Cripps and I’m happy for him to have the silverware for the effort and loyalty he puts in because of the way he plays but the Brownlow is such a bullshit award because it’s so biased towards mids
As I said it needs changing

Ok Keogh, explain how Saad was given three votes for BOG if a HBF never gets votes?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

Gil has back tracked on his comments today.
He is saying he was frustrated with the process, his process, and that Cripps is a wonderful player and a worthy winner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Does Harry’s mum play?
I reckon that was a players’ +1.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 pm 
Geoff Southby

diesel95 wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman
Deep down I’m a happy positive guy who loves life
Just thinking practically
Winning a Brownlow means little in a team sport
We have all known Paddy has been a fantastic player for 8 years
Winning a Brownlow does nothing to change what we all know about him as a footballer
But when the 24 hours of happiness is up at least acknowledge that the Brownlow is flawed in its voting procedure needs changing and basically is a marketing exercise for Crown and female fashion not to mention the Botox

Keogh the AFL is flawed. Just ask Agro and he will say......."Let me count the ways."

Life is flawed. No-one, anywhere is playing on a level playing field with anything they do. Whereever choices have to be made the bias, nepotism and outright @#$%ery comes into play.

Just look at it this way - Small victories like Harry, Charlie and Crippa are good for the Brand. Good for the fans. Good for merch sales. Good for membership. It is all good. It provides a Positive attitude at the Club and it makes Carlton a destination Club. Yes the ultimate is a Premiership, but only one in 18 get it, so we just take the tiny wins when and where we can.

There is absolutely nothing negative about Crippa winning. Nothing!

And the most positive thing, is that Gill is furious Crippa slipped past his wicketkeeper and snagged the glory. IT IS ALL GOOD!!!!

And next pre-season, when they all see how hard Crippa is working to maintain his dominance, team-mates will get on board and the snowball will roll down hill, picking up speed and getting bigger. The words can be written large on the wall...........

'Do the work, get the results."

Regards Cazzesman

Well said Cazz . Baby steps ...................Afl flawed ? i would say its one of the LEAST flawed organisations in the country . By and large the AFL do a fantastic job . And the Brownlow flawed ? i say ape droppings to that . Year in year out it brings us absolute champions of the game . Heaven help the day they take it off the umpires and give it to some johhny come lately would be if they could be haughty taught panel . Yeah , sure they wouldn't have bias . Nah , the umps get it right time and time again for a 100 or so years . Of all of the outstanding players who have won it over the years you could possibly question them on 3 or 4 . Nah , the umps have a fantastic strike rate and let this wonderful award continue in this current format . Fantastic it is .

Greg Williams is probably prepared to concede that you don’t have to be perfectly correct for this statement to be of value. <snark/>.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about one particular game or the system in its entirety ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

You just never fail do you Grinch. :garthp:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:51 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Thought it was LOB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Paddycripps wrote:

A mate of Charlie's. He came as Charlie's plus 1.
Great player Charlie but as mature as a 5 year old. No surprise his mates are immature as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:20 pm 
Geoff Southby

sinbagger wrote:
keogh wrote:
The only reason Smith didn’t get 3 was he is a HBF
Cripps had a very good game but how can a HBF not get 3 votes when he gets 37 possessions 13 inside 50s and 1019 metres gained
C’mon be objective
It’s not a fair award
I love Cripps and I’m happy for him to have the silverware for the effort and loyalty he puts in because of the way he plays but the Brownlow is such a bullshit award because it’s so biased towards mids
As I said it needs changing

Ok Keogh, explain how Saad was given three votes for BOG if a HBF never gets votes?

Stop being biased
Did you watch the Crows Blues game
Sometimes you watch a game
It’s hard to pick who is best on the ground
Not round 20
Smith played a blinder
So did Saad in that game
But to give Cripps 3 votes and Smith 1 is a no brainer
Obvious
Absolutely ridiculous
Which is why the Brownlow is ridiculous
Happy if they pay the umps extra to watch the game Monday or Tuesday then cast their votes
It would give the award more credibility

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

You are seriously pathetic
Whether it was Boyd or someone else
He was a jerk
So was Curnow
Free piss does that
I was like that 30 years ago
Good on them
So long as Voss tells them the big picture after the hangover wears off
Pull your head out of your arse for once in your life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:41 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Paddycripps wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

You are seriously pathetic
Whether it was Boyd or someone else
He was a jerk
So was Curnow
Free piss does that
I was like that 30 years ago
Good on them
So long as Voss tells them the big picture after the hangover wears off
Pull your head out of your arse for once in your life

FFS you lot. The Cancel Culture is alive and well here.

Regards Cazzesman

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next