Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:19 am 
Robert Walls

keogh wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
:eek: Come on Heavs. I expect it from Keogh but not from you.

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

The award is fast becoming meaningless and outdated Cazzeman
It doesn’t acknowledge any other players except mids
If the AFL want to push the “fair bit” then he should have been suspended
It’s a joke and needs revamping

If the AFL wants to push the "fair bit", they don't make it up as they go along
Hayes 2 weeks...BULLDUST
Plowman 2 weeks...BULLDUST
Come back to me when it's fair for EVERYONE and for all indiscretions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:26 am 
Robert Walls

AGRO wrote:
Keoghs right in a way.

During our Golden Age between 1968 to 1987 we won 7 flags and never had a Brownlow Medallist- but we probably topped the team votes in the Brownlow Medal every year.

Don’t get me wrong I’m still celebrating Cripps win.

:thumbsup:

That's the point. Let's indulge ourselves for 24 hours that one of our own was so formally recognised without worrying about the integrity of the medal

Keogh...I don't see Rich and Melb saying they won flags during the highly compromised covid seasons and they don't have the same value???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am 
Bruce Doull

I like Touk Miller. Would not have been upset if he & Cripps had shared it, although it probably would have been all about Miller I guess.

CRIPPS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:52 am 
Rod Ashman

99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Give the kid and the Club a break. After the last Round the Club acknowledged it stuffed up. But last night was abit of joy in a tough industry.

Harry and Crippa are to be celebrated. It doesn't diminish the impact the seasons failings had on the Group. Did you not see the look on Vossy's face during Crippa's interview. I'm pretty sure that said it all.

Celebrating the wins along the way doesn't make people any less competitive and/or driven.

Regards Cazzesman

Yes...said EXACTLY the same to my mates this morning.

It was like, "well done Crippa on a great season and the highest individual honor but I'm not here to coach Brownlow medallists. I'm here to win flags"

Was pretty stone faced during Cripps’ interview, but I recall him being pretty happy and having a good time in the background of Docherty’s interview moments later. I think Voss is as happy as anyone.

He’s had a massive part in the last 2 Brownlow wins now too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:40 pm 
Robert Walls

cecil89 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:

Regards Cazzesman

Yes...said EXACTLY the same to my mates this morning.

It was like, "well done Crippa on a great season and the highest individual honor but I'm not here to coach Brownlow medallists. I'm here to win flags"

Was pretty stone faced during Cripps’ interview, but I recall him being pretty happy and having a good time in the background of Docherty’s interview moments later. I think Voss is as happy as anyone.

He’s had a massive part in the last 2 Brownlow wins now too.

Good point!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
What I loved last night was Voss’ reaction
He couldn’t give a shit about Cripps winning
He gets it
It’s a team game.
That’s what matters.
Everyone knows that Cripps is a great player
But winning a Brownlow really means jack shit in a team sport where Cripps hasn’t played a final in 9 seasons
I think Vossy would have been more worried about some of his Cripps’ teammates at the table getting too carried away by it all
Matthew Scarlett said it best
He couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about when it came to individual awards.
And he is dead right IMO
And he is a triple premiership player

The thing I got out of watching last nights coverage is we have the right coach

Keogh - TC's resident Grinch that stole.......................well, everything joyful.

Here are some of Keogh's words of wisdom, back when he was a teacher, molding the young and impressionable..........

"Well kiddies, it's is going to be a miserable, tough, sad, disappointing life, so you might as well crawl back under the doona and just never come out. Tell your parents life is a fruitless exercise, and you are not going to bother playing in a rigged game."

Regards Cazzesman

Hey Cazzeman
Deep down I’m a happy positive guy who loves life
Just thinking practically
Winning a Brownlow means little in a team sport
We have all known Paddy has been a fantastic player for 8 years
Winning a Brownlow does nothing to change what we all know about him as a footballer
But when the 24 hours of happiness is up at least acknowledge that the Brownlow is flawed in its voting procedure needs changing and basically is a marketing exercise for Crown and female fashion not to mention the Botox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Getting some real incel vibes now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman
Winning a Brownlow does nothing to change what we all know about him as a footballer
But when the 24 hours of happiness is up at least acknowledge that the Brownlow is flawed in its voting procedure needs changing and basically is a marketing exercise for Crown and female fashion not to mention the Botox

Keogh the AFL is flawed. Just ask Agro and he will say......."Let me count the ways."

Life is flawed. No-one, anywhere is playing on a level playing field with anything they do. Whereever choices have to be made the bias, nepotism and outright @#$%ery comes into play.

Just look at it this way - Small victories like Harry, Charlie and Crippa are good for the Brand. Good for the fans. Good for merch sales. Good for membership. It is all good. It provides a Positive attitude at the Club and it makes Carlton a destination Club. Yes the ultimate is a Premiership, but only one in 18 get it, so we just take the tiny wins when and where we can.

There is absolutely nothing negative about Crippa winning. Nothing!

And the most positive thing, is that Gill is furious Crippa slipped past his wicketkeeper and snagged the glory. IT IS ALL GOOD!!!!

And next pre-season, when they all see how hard Crippa is working to maintain his dominance, team-mates will get on board and the snowball will roll down hill, picking up speed and getting bigger. The words can be written large on the wall...........

'Do the work, get the results."

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman

Keogh the AFL is flawed. Just ask Agro and he will say......."Let me count the ways."

Life is flawed. No-one, anywhere is playing on a level playing field with anything they do. Whereever choices have to be made the bias, nepotism and outright @#$%ery comes into play.

Just look at it this way - Small victories like Harry, Charlie and Crippa are good for the Brand. Good for the fans. Good for merch sales. Good for membership. It is all good. It provides a Positive attitude at the Club and it makes Carlton a destination Club. Yes the ultimate is a Premiership, but only one in 18 get it, so we just take the tiny wins when and where we can.

And the most positive thing, is that Gill is furious Crippa slipped past his wicketkeeper and snagged the glory. IT IS ALL GOOD!!!!

And next pre-season, when they all see how hard Crippa is working to maintain his dominance, team-mates will get on board and the snowball will roll down hill, picking up speed and getting bigger. The words can be written large on the wall...........

Regards Cazzesman

Well said Cazz . Baby steps ...................Afl flawed ? i would say its one of the LEAST flawed organisations in the country . By and large the AFL do a fantastic job . And the Brownlow flawed ? i say ape droppings to that . Year in year out it brings us absolute champions of the game . Heaven help the day they take it off the umpires and give it to some johhny come lately would be if they could be haughty taught panel . Yeah , sure they wouldn't have bias . Nah , the umps get it right time and time again for a 100 or so years . Of all of the outstanding players who have won it over the years you could possibly question them on 3 or 4 . Nah , the umps have a fantastic strike rate and let this wonderful award continue in this current format . Fantastic it is .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cazzesman wrote:
keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman

Regards Cazzesman

Yes agreed about those positive things
But you fail to see the other side
IT ISNT AlLL GOOD
Being the supreme optimist is not a good thing
It distorts the reality

The negative is something is still wrong when you have a Coleman medallist Brownlow medallist and you miss the eight

Imagine for a minute what this club would have been like in the last 9 years without Crippsy
Did you just do that?
Isn’t a great feeling.

Cripps has carried this club on his back for the majority of his time at Royal Parade
The introduction of Walsh and Docherty has helped .
He pretty much said this in his victory speech .
But it’s not enough

But Cazzeman the last 4 weeks of the season was same old same old
It was Cripps and daylight second with some exceptions Cerra in the last game

It’s not enough and we need our bottom half to get better

Looking at last night Voss is still hurting from what happened a month ago
Ditto Cook who has seen it all
The club is in good hands at the top
They know what it’s about

Which hasn’t been the case for a long time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

@#$%&! me Caz can't you see no matter how coherent you get the dark side always have to have a say....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Finally
We all know what a champ Cripps is
No player is more deserving in experiencing Finals Footy
And premiership glory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
Hey Cazzeman

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Deep down? I could tunnel down to @#$%&! China and not find a shred of positivity in most of your posts.
Give me a break.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:44 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Shame some in here + Gill from a previous comment he made have taken some of the gloss of a w0onderful victory for the Carlton Football Club and of course the man himself Cripps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:54 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I used to feel quite strongly the Brownlow was flawed bec mids always win it, but I have softened on my view on this.

At the end of the day our wonderful game allows people of different sizes to play the game, but due to the nature of the game the ball will tend to be in a midfielders hands the most and as a result midfielders tend to be the most productive players on the ground whilst key forwards will have days they shine but plenty of days when they don't produce much 'productivity'.

That's the nature of our game.

Also, most midfielders are tall in stature compared to the average person walking down the road; and they have excellent endurance, skill and nous. All these factors make them exceptional sporting athletes.

Oh and Cripps is incredibly tall for a mid and has added goal kicking (and even a bit of rucking) to his game.

He deserves the award.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I don't understand why Gill is complaining.

The processes have been there for some time so if he had an issue with them he should have raised it earlier.

He of all people know how much rides on winning games, he ought not be annoyed the club and Cripps went to every extreme length to try and have the ban overturned.

And in any event, while protecting the head is obviously incredibly important, nobody other than Cripps know deep down what Cripps' intentions were when he had the collision with Ah Chee.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hopefully this win is a tangible positive for the club. In so far as giving the players more belief in their capacity to thrive. I am sure it will.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

How is the Brownlow flawed ? it has been coming up with champion players for 100 years .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Who was the little fella at the players' table?
Didn't look like a footballer and acted like a clown.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Paddycripps wrote:
Who was the little fella at the players' table?
Didn't look like a footballer and acted like a clown.

His not so little brother?

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/15 ... 5651589121

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next