Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:37 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
Still haven't lost consecutive games all season but the rubber sheets brigade have written off the last four already.

Was only time before bed wetting made it to the match threads

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Something we will win in the next three weeks.

Draft picks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

GreatEx wrote:
Reckon we could beat Melbourne, they looked flustered.
Collingwood ALWAYS outnumbered at the contest.... Dees players waiting for the pass to be in the open.... ALMOST never happened, thus why it was played in the Pies forward half for the entire second half.....

We've been playing a similar way to the Dees last night (Brisbane too). Hopefully we learn, because if you don't win 2contested ball, you're probably cactus (see the games we've been cleaned up... GC, Adel, Geel)

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:14 pm 
Ken Hunter

CFC8795 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
if we crushed Melbourne I don't remember it

Practice match :garthp:

So imagine what we'll do when we're taking it seriously!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

sinbagger wrote:
Nextgeneration wrote:
The most disappointing thing is we WERE playing exciting football for the first half of the year. We were opening teams up like a can of sardines but the last few weeks when ironically we have got a lot of our players back we have become very stodgy, our ball movement is terrible and our pressure has really dropped off.
Where is the team that made Sydney look slow and clumsy in that second quarter or outplayed Freo when they were riding high?

Indeed, where is the team that crushed Melbourne and Richmond at the start of the year?

No Pittonet for most of the season, Williams, McGovern and Martin also missing large chunks of the season. Walsh moved to play HHF and no settled wingers playing consistent reliable footy. Let alone that teams have blanketed our movement forward of the ball when in dispute. Our team is young, still learning to gel as a team, has a new game plan still evolving under a new head coach and coaching group. The early games were exciting but we often won with only 1 quarter of exciting footy and then the opposition would adjust and we would hang on. The signs have been there all season regarding our maturity as a football team. And we have adjusted as we then began to score more often from rebound footy with Saad and Doc but that too in recent weeks is being denied. So we need to adjust again. I also think the midfield is one paced and being exploited

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:06 pm 
formerly Fevola

Problem is the lack of pressure. And no composure when teams come at us. The pressure has dropped off considerably since the bye. This is the issue.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:59 pm 
Geoff Southby

Went to the training run. Pittonet was there, not doing much granted, but makes the managed/flu even more curious.

Lob has an extremely delicious kick and really should be destroying with it. He is buffer than I recall so if the mofo doesn't make it...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 pm 
Rod Ashman

jezzarules wrote:
GreatEx wrote:
Still haven't lost consecutive games all season but the rubber sheets brigade have written off the last four already.

Was only time before bed wetting made it to the match threads

Don’t worry about who’s wetting the bed, worry about who’s $h!++ing the bed. There’s 18 of them on the ground at any given time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:01 am 
Harry Vallence

carntheblues wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
Nextgeneration wrote:
The most disappointing thing is we WERE playing exciting football for the first half of the year. We were opening teams up like a can of sardines but the last few weeks when ironically we have got a lot of our players back we have become very stodgy, our ball movement is terrible and our pressure has really dropped off.
Where is the team that made Sydney look slow and clumsy in that second quarter or outplayed Freo when they were riding high?

Indeed, where is the team that crushed Melbourne and Richmond at the start of the year?

No Pittonet for most of the season, Williams, McGovern and Martin also missing large chunks of the season. Walsh moved to play HHF and no settled wingers playing consistent reliable footy. Let alone that teams have blanketed our movement forward of the ball when in dispute. Our team is young, still learning to gel as a team, has a new game plan still evolving under a new head coach and coaching group. The early games were exciting but we often won with only 1 quarter of exciting footy and then the opposition would adjust and we would hang on. The signs have been there all season regarding our maturity as a football team. And we have adjusted as we then began to score more often from rebound footy with Saad and Doc but that too in recent weeks is being denied. So we need to adjust again. I also think the midfield is one paced and being exploited

They miss large chunks of every season! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:44 am 
formerly King Kenny

My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

Who with? Who has the discipline and nouse to to stick with Neale and curb his influence? I don't think we've tagged anyone all year. All about team defence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:53 am 
Rod Ashman

The_Cranium wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

Who with? Who has the discipline and nouse to to stick with Neale and curb his influence? I don't think we've tagged anyone all year. All about team defence

Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:44 am 
Ken Hunter

carntheblues wrote:
Cottrell has tagged opposition players during the year - Hill after 1/4 time in Saints game. He has the mongrel to do it. Also need to curb Rich's influence off half back.

No. Doesn’t have the smarts to tag or the nouse to play on ball. At the very least he is a forward and that is it. Playing him on the wing has been one of our downfalls, making play mid would be a disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Lowey_47 wrote:
Went to the training run. Pittonet was there, not doing much granted, but makes the managed/flu even more curious.

Lob has an extremely delicious kick and really should be destroying with it. He is buffer than I recall so if the mofo doesn't make it...

Someone said (twitter?) that Pittonet and C Durdin were the only travelling emergencies.... Was that right L47?
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense if that's the case...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:56 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

carntheblues wrote:
The_Cranium wrote:
The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

He certainly had the tank for it. I forgot about him moving to Hill mostly because that game was a complete shit show and though we curtailed Hill, Sinclair did as he pleased for the rest of the game.

Hopefully if we do something like this we don't do so at the cost of someone like McLuggage waltzing around doing as he pleases

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 am 
Geoff Southby

Durdin was there too. Didn't notice any of the others

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

"Ben" McKay a late out for the Roos.

H to kick a bag.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Our Grand Final today

Hard, uncompromising. Expecting do or die

Anyone who bleeds Navy Blue should expect nothing less

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:21 pm 
Craig Bradley

The Normal One wrote:
My call for today.

Tag Neale = win
No Tag = loss

Proven formula

It’s a loser mentality, but I think you might be right.

We’re already conceding the ruck contest, accepting our fate as second to the footy. Scragging their primary handler all arvo could be our only hope.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:47 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
carntheblues wrote:

No. Doesn’t have the smarts to tag or the nouse to play on ball. At the very least he is a forward and that is it. Playing him on the wing has been one of our downfalls, making play mid would be a disaster.

Doesn't have to play mid to tag once the ball is bounced in the center.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next